Cottage in Lanivet, nr Bodmin, Cornwall, England - Quieter Setting In A Tiny Pretty Village, Walk To Pub, Restaurant, Cafe. Footpaths
Cherry Tree Cottage, a lovely 18th cent stone cottage tucked away in a quiet, tree ringed pretty setting in quaint Lanivet village, 2 miles from Bodmin. Central position for Cornwall, with St Austell beaches on one coast about 12 miles and beaches at polzeath on opposite coast 14 miles. Bodmin Moor 4 miles. The cottage is a few minutes a to pub, café and restaurant in the village. Lanivet is right on the famous coast to coast Saints Way footpath with many other footpaths leading from the village, so great for walkers. Next door Bodmin Moor also a walkers paradise. The village also boasting a large old church which is the focal point of the village & a children’s park (slide etc). The Abbey Hotel does cream teas and there is also a fish and chip shop with a restaurant. Lanivet Inn. The cottage gets its name from the old cherry tree at the front of the cottage. The cottage is all ground floor & is higher standard accommodation.
Bedroom 1 has 1 double bed. Bedroom 2 has full size bunk beds. Large open plan living area. The lounge area has a T.V. & DVD. Kitchen area with electric cooker, microwave, fridge and washing machine. Dining area. Bathroom with bath, overhead shower, toilet and washbasin.
Linen inclusive. Cot & High Chair. Electric by £1 coin meter. Easy to keep warm with night storage heaters in all rooms including the bedrooms. Also a woodburner affect electric fire in lounge area.
Parking in driveway in own space at front of cottage. Other on road parking 100 yards away (no restrictions). No pets.
About the Owner
If you are looking for a company to handle the letting of your holiday cottage, or you wish to book a cottage, Southwest Holiday Cottages will be pleased to hear from you. Mike Hooper is the owner of Southwest Holiday Cottages, Mike having a wealth of experience from over 30 years of managing the company. All our cottages have been personally inspected so we can assure they are of a good standard and offer good value for money. We have all types of cottage accommodation, throughout all parts of Cornwall, to satisfy all categories of holidaymaker. We look forward to having you holiday with us.
1 holidaymaker review
Cherry Tree Cottage
A lovely start to our 2 month tour of England. Patrice made sure that we had everything we needed and was interested
to hear where we had been each day, also suggesting other places for us to visit. The only problem we encountered was finding the place. We met a number of friendly and helpful locals who had no idea where Cherry Tree Cottage was. There is no sign on either gate! A better description would be "go up the long, steep drive alongside the church" There is not a box alongside Your Rating
From the Owner
“Tucked away in a lovely quiet position in picturesque typical old Cornish village, stroll to country inn and also village café. Right on the ancient Saints way coast to coast footpath.”
Activity and Interests
Approx 12 miles to beaches on south coast near St Austell. Approx 15 miles to beaches at Newquay. Beaches at Trevone near Padstow about 12 miles.
Bodmin Moor about 4 miles. Bodmin 2 miles. Aprrox distances are Newquay 15 miles, St Austell 12 miles and Padstow 11 miles.
Lanivet is a delightful and traditional Cornish village with a pub & restaurant (good food),the pub being a few minutes stroll from the cottage. Lanhydrock House & gardens (National Trust) is 2 miles. The cottage is in an attractive setting on a side lane in the village. Lanivet village is on the ancient The Saints Way footpath which runs from coast to coast. Other footpath walks from the village. In Lanivet the the Abbey Hotel does cream teas and there is also a fish and chip shop with a restaurant. Lanivet is a great location for exploring Cornwall and for walkers. Large Bodmin Moor, the Saints Way footpath, other nearby attractions make this an ideal location for hikers and lovers of the countryside, whilst the central location of Cherry Tree Cottages means that visitors to the cottage are well placed to explore most parts of the county.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
24 Sep 2016 - 23 Dec 2016
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
24 Dec 2016 - 6 Jan 2017
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Can book and pay (by Card) online through our website link or can book by phone (we are usually open 7 days a week from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.). can also pay by card.
Saturday. Can arrive other days if required.
Notes on prices:
Can usually pay a reduced amount for short stay bookings.
Manager's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Heating ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- children welcome
- pets not allowed ...
- Bathroom - Bath with Shower, Shower Enclosure, Bathroom with bath, overhead shower, toilet and washbasin
- Bathroom with bath, overhead shower, toilet and washbasin.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 2 - 2 Single Bed, Full size bunk beds
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Double Bed, 1 Cot, 1 double bed and Cot
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 has 1 double bed. Bedroom 2 has full size bunk beds.
- Golf ...
- Garden ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Bedroom 1 has 1 double bed. Bedroom 2 has full size bunk beds. Large open plan living area. The lounge area has a T.V. & DVD. Kitchen area with electric cooker, microwave, fridge and washing machine. Dining area. Bathroom with bath, overhead shower, toilet and washbasin. Linen inclusive. Cot & High Chair. Electric by £1 coin meter. Easy to keep warm with night storage heaters in all rooms including the bedrooms. Also a woodburner affect electric fire in lounge area. No pets. Outside: The village of Lanivet is right on the famous old Saints Way coast to coast footpath. Other footpath walks from the village. Shared short driveway with adjacent 2 cottages ,short pathway into cottage. Patio garden at end of short garden path with garden table and chairs and barbecue area. Parking in driveway in own space at front of cottage. Other on road parking 100 yards away (no restrictions). No pets. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bed linen supplied inclusive.