Barn in Ockham, Nr. Guildford, Surrey, England - Peaceful Location In Conservation Area. Only 1 Mile To Station With Direct, Regular Trains To London
This two bedroom detached barn has been skilfully converted, with original beams and high vaulted ceilings. It has its own attached playroom with tennis table and countless children's toys. The holiday property is set in 65 acres of the owner’s farmhouse and grounds from where scenic walks abound. Although set in the countryside, the property is conveniently located for access to family attractions in London and the South East.
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
"A lovely barn conversion with great extra features for the children, including a playroom with playhouse and table tennis table. Lots of days out nearby including Chessington, Thorpe Park, The Brooklands Museum and Mercedes Benz World and easy access to the station for trips to London. Hope to return." March 2012.
"This is a wonderful place to stay, especially for a young family with its playroom and garden. The farmer was lovely and we would often open our door to find a box of toys for the children or a box of plums for us on the doorstep. The interior is stunning with some lovely pieces of furniture. If that weren’t enough, the accessibility is excellent - 5 minutes to the station at Horsley which has trains to Waterloo and 5 minutes to the A3/M25 (but can’t hear it). It was perfect for us! Definitely recommended." Aug 2011.
"This is an excellent property. Fantastic location for visiting the South-East with lots to do very close by." June 2010.
Activity and Interests
Nearest beach at Wittering - 1 hour drive.
London Gatwick Airport - 40 mins drive
London Heathrow Airport - 40 mins drive
Dover - 1 1/2 hour drive
London - 40 mins drive. 40 mins train from Horsley station - 1 mile from property.
Guildford - 10 mins drive.
Thorpe Park - 30 mins
Legoland - 40 mins
Chessington - 20 mins drive
RHS Wisley Garden - 2 miles
Local shops - food, butcher, bakery, chemist - 1 mile
Horsley Station - mainline direct train to London - 1 mile
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
14 night minimum stay
for 14 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
50% payment on confirmation of booking.
50% payment + £150 returnable deposit for breakages made 4 weeks prior to arrival.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Ping Pong Table
- children welcome
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom upstairs with roll-top bath, bidet and wc. Shower room with wc downstairs in playroom.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 5 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed and space for 'z-bed' suitable for child. Bedroom 2 with twin beds.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: 2 good sized bedrooms upstairs plus bathroom. Master bedroom has space for a 'z-bed' suitable for a child. Twin room is furnished as a children's room with Soldier curtains etc. Outside: Garden with patio and barbecue. Outside dining furniture. Potential access to owners swimming pool and tennis court. Petanque/boules area. Utility Room: Washing machine, tumble dryer, ironing board and iron. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen included. Other: Playroom accessed down 3 steep steps - includes table tennis, toys and shower/wc.