House outside Wadebridge, Cornwall, England - Rural Location, Open Views, Large Garden, Hot Tub, BBQ, Wi-fi, Many good beaches nearby
High Furze House is a spacious Victorian farmhouse set on the St Breock Downs, close to all amenities in Wadebridge, (2 miles) and with easy access to the North Cornwall coast. (15 minutes by car to both Rock and Padstow). This is a large family home, the ground floor is largely open plan, with a very well equipped kitchen, adjacent dining room, separate TV room, and large light conservatory which is fully furnished to seat a large group of people. Doors lead onto a large patio with BBQ and dining for 12 people. The main garden is lawn, with open views across the valley. The hot tub is offset in its own decked area. Good WiFi, and mobile phones work. The property in total sleeps 11, this consists of 9 in the house (3 baths), and 2 in a separate studio. annex, with ensuite wet room. High Furze House is a rare find, it can a accommodate people of all ages in comfort and with sufficient space for guests not to be on top of each other. Not all holiday homes are the same! Dogs welcome.
About the Owner
Activity and Interests
Positioned on the St Breock Downs just outside Wadebridge, the house is perfectly located for the beaches on both sides of the Camel estuary (some of the best in Cornwall, Daymer Bay and Constantine for families. Polzeath and many others for surfing. The nearest beaches are 7 miles (15 minutes) away by car. Within 10-12 miles there is a beach for all tastes!
Nearest airport: Newquay (approx 15 miles). Nearest train Station: Bodmin Parkway (approx 7 miles). Buses do exist from Wadebridge (2 miles), but a private car is strongly recommended.
Wadebridge is only 2 miles away, It is a "proper" town with all the shopping facilities you might expect. There is a selection of good independents: butchers, fishmongers, grocers, bakers, banks, chemist etc. Also surf shop for wetsuits, and bike hire for the Camel Trail. Good off licence, selection of pubs. For supermarkets there is a Co op and a large Tesco's. Guests are requested to use the local Cornish shops wherever possible.
Lots of beaches suitable for all ages, swimming, surfing, fishing.
Fishing and water sports can be arranged in Padstow.
Walking - lots available
Cycling, the Camel trail is a disused railway line (flat!) that runs from Wadebridge to Padstow along the river. Hustyns Wood (next door to the house!) provides good mountain biking for the more hardcore.
Hustyns Hotel and Spa (1 mile) has fantastic leisure facilities and is available for guests to use at a special discounted rate.
Please note that there is a small water bottling plant behind the property which supplies Cornwall with Mineral Water. It is not noisy or intrusive and is hardly noticeable to people in the house. Vehicle movements are minimal, and there is usually has only one lorry movement per day.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
25% deposit on booking. Balance 8 weeks prior to commencement of holiday.
Dogs (2) welcome, but ground floor only.
All damages must be paid for.
Changeover day Friday, arrival 3.00pm, departure 10.00am
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 3 - Shower Enclosure
- First floor Bathroom 1 (ensuite) with wc, large shower. Family bathroom 2 with bath, separate shower, wc. 2nd Floor Bathroom 3 (ensuite to Bed 5) with shower, wc. Ground floor Studio wetroom (ensuite) with wc, shower. Separate ground floor wc.
- 6 Bedrooms, Sleeps 11
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Bedroom 6
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 11 (6 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: First Floor; Bedroom 1, double bed, ensuite bathroom. Bedroom 2, with twin beds, Bedrooms 3 +4 with single beds. 2nd Floor Bedroom 5 large with 3 beds, ensuite shower. Attached Ground Floor (separate) Studio with Double bed, ensuite bathroom, plus kitchen
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Max. occupancy: 11
- pets considered
- children welcome
- Outside: Large outside space, with paved patio leading to lawn and open fields. With open views and no neighbours the property is perfectly for noisy people, whether it's loud music or over-active children! Large patio with BBQ, outside dining (tables) for 12 people. Wood burner for chilly evenings. Large lawn area with various raised flower beds (Please be aware that a gardener may come during your stay to weed and maintain etc). Separate decked area with Pirate Bar & hot tub.The hot tub can officially take 7 people, but it gets a bit cosy with more than 4! The house is situated within walking distance of Hustyns Wood (Forestry Commission owned) and perfect for walking, mountain biking. Approximately 1 mile from the house is Hustyns Leisure Centre and Spa. We have a special relationship with Hustyns and house guests can use their fantastic leisure facilities for a discounted day rate, this includes a large indoor pool, plus gym etc. Individual Spa treatments need to be booked in advance. Utility Room: Washing machine, tumble dryer (also outside line). Ironing board, (plus iron!). Dishwasher. Assorted laundry baskets. Assorted cool boxes. Coat racks, boot area (with selection of "house" gumboots. Dogs welcome. but must sleep in utility room Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bed linen, hand towels and kitchen cloths and towels are provided. There is a cleaning service weekly. The hot tub is cleaned and checked weekly.