Fabulous Villa in Diani Beach, Kenya Coast - 5 bedrooms, Absolute Beachfront
Monkey Beach House is a 3 storey, 5 bedroom beach house within the Tamani property at Galu Beach. The property has been lovingly created by Hugh & Magdalena over a 12 year period. From humble beginnings of the old beach houses, they have built beautiful houses and apartments in a unique style that has made this the best place to stay on the south coast.
Those in-the-know have been coming here for years and most of the guests who stay at Tamani come back time and time again. Great for families, for group gatherings or a honeymoon.
Come and be spoiled by our cooks - eat fabulously-fresh seafood, plucked from the sea each day; try the local Swahili dishes, inspired by the ancient sea-trade from India, Arabia with spices from Zanzibar and fresh coconut from our own trees.
You can sit at the dining table on the 1st floor balcony and watch the dhows sail by. Parents can relax and enjoy the sights while keeping an eye on their kids in the children's pool just 30 metres in front of the house.
5 big bedrooms with en-suite bathroom, air-conditioning in the master & 2nd master bedrooms. Ceiling fans and lots of windows in all the bedrooms give great ventilation from the sea breeze.
2 kitchen areas, 2 dining areas, 2 living areas - all with superb views of the beach and gardens and swimming pool.
Check out guest reviews on-line to see how much our guests enjoy staying here.
Diani Beach has again been voted 'Best beach In Africa' (for the 2nd time! 2014 and 2016) in the World Travel Awards.
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
I have stayed many times. The beach houses and apartments are stunning, with Monkey Beach House the jewel in the crown. The staff are brilliant, top quality chefs and friendly and relaxed management.
Jess, Australia, Feb 13
Totally relaxed coastal mentality, beautifully captured in this Swahili beach house. We were spoiled by the outstanding cook. What luxury. All (5!) bedrooms and bathrooms are spacious and cleaned daily. The view of the Indian Ocean, the Colobus monkeys, coconut trees, lush gardens and beach = living the tropical dream.
Inge, Netherlands, March 13
Great family holiday
The blend of old Arab Swahili and modern comfort is spot on. Right on the beach, catching the breeze, the house felt cool, calm and very safe for children. Hussein, the cook, was so attentive to our wishes. Our most memorable meal was lightly grilled red snapper with chilli salsa verde -washed down with white wine and a view second to none.
Activity and Interests
60 metres from the house to the sand! Between the house and the beach there is no road, only the gardens and the swimming pool.
Mombasa is about 50 kms away - but you have to cross the ferry to get from Mombasa to here, so allow for travel time.
* from Moi International Airport, Mombasa: 50km (takes about 1hr 45mins)
* from Mombasa town: 42km (takes about 1hr)
* from the Diani Beach/Ukunda airstrip: 7km (takes about 10mins)
Shops, supermarkets, food market stalls nearby. Easiest way to get there is by taxi - these are not expensive.
If you are active, this is a great place for kite-surfing, wind-surfing, diving, snorkelling and sailing to the reef in one of the local out-rigger sail boats, called 'ngalawa'. You can walk for miles on the beach and swim in the clear, warm water all day!
A short way down the coast is Wasini Island and the Kisite Marine National Park with it's stunning reefs, myriad of exotic tropical fish and dolphins galore. In fact this is one of the prime dolphin breeding areas on the East Africa coast.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Dec 2016 - 20 Dec 2016
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
|Notes: Rates are based on 3 guests; add £35 per night, per additional guest|
22 Dec 2016 - 3 Jan 2017
10 night minimum stay
for 10 nights
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
|Notes: Rates are based on 4 guests; add £35 per night, per additional guest|
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
30% discount off standard rate available for month of September.
Contact us with your requested dates and tell us how many people will be in your group. We will respond within 24 hours (unless on a Sunday or Public Holiday).
A deposit is required to secure a booking.
Balance to be paid prior to or immediately upon arrival.
Arrival time is 2pm.
Departure time is 10am unless by prior arrangement.
Notes on prices:
Take advantage of our great offer this season...
2-4 pax from GBP 85,
5-8 pax from GBP 160,
9-11 pax at GBP 320 for the whole house per night!
Easter holiday period costs GBP 340 per night with a minimum booking of 4 nights.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Air Conditioning ...
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Kitchen ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable ...
- Television ...
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- Private Chef
- children welcome
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible ...
- 500 m²
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 4 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- All bedrooms have en-suite bathrooms. All bathrooms have showers; 3 of the bathrooms also have huge bathtubs. Ground floor bathroom has wheelchair access and has been designed for easy use by disabled persons.
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 11
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed, Panoramic sea views. En-suite bathroom, air-conditioning
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed, 2nd floor. Sea views, en-suite bathroom, air-conditioning
- Bedroom 3 - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed, 1 Single Bed, 1st fl. sea view, en-suite bthrm. Can have twin single beds
- Bedroom 4 - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed, Ground floor, en-suite bathroom - looks direct to beach
- Bedroom 5 - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed, Grnd fl. Sea view, en-suite bthrm, can have twin single beds
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 10-11 (5 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: All bedrooms have lockable safe drawer. Master bedroom (2nd floor): king-size bed other 2nd flr bedroom: king-sized bed 1st flr bedroom: twin single beds; additional single bed available Ground flr - front bedroom: king-size bed other Grnd flr bedroom: twin single beds. wheel chair access
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Families with children are welcome. The beach is huge and uncrowded and the sand is fine and white. The slope to down the water is gentle and there are no rocks. There's a coral reef about 1km off-shore (it is about 1,000 kms long!) and it protects us from strong currents and waves, making the beach very child-friendly and safe. Outside: BBQ. 3 seater couch and drinks/coffee table on the terrace looking out to the pool and the beach. The ground floor dining table is also under a covered part of the front terrace. There are sun beds available for use in front of the house, around the pool and in the lush gardens which run to the beach which is about 60m in front of the house. The shared swimming pool is half-way between the house and the beach. It's approximately 12m x5m with a separate toddlers pool right next to it and which is approximately 8m diameter. There's an outdoor shower in the garden to wash off the sand when you come from the beach. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: A housekeeper is provided and she is there 8am - 5pm daily. She cleans the house and makes the beds. Washing of clothes can be arranged. Bedlinen is be changed every 4 or 5 days. Other: There is a lovely, private top floor open terrace with daybed, dining table for (6 people), and sofa couch. There is a BBQ on the side of the front ground floor terrace.