Cottage in Afon Wen, Nr. Criccieth, Wales - Sea View Looking Over Cardigan Bay 10 Minutes Walk To The Beach, Ideal For Families & Group Booking
Converted from old farm buildings in 2000 EIfionydd is the largest of our properties. IT has an interlocking door that could open the property to sleep 16 if needed. In a prime location off the main road with plenty of parking for boats, jet-ski etc. Safe storage for bikes. With private enclosed garden to the rear to enjoy BBQs on the patio, and play areas to keep children entertained, at the front. Large comfortable kitchen and lounge with plenty of room space. Shared heated pool and fitness room next door open 8-8 to all customers. Internet room above pool with settee for peace and quiet to work or browse the internet. Shared games room with ping pong and snooker, darts Shared communal room above pool to meet other guests and relax. Pets welcome. Easy access to Eifionydd cottage and all four bedrooms. Shared full size tennis court. With other properties on site, it is a good way of making new friends, and joining in. Your children will never be lonely!
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
Welsh family run business on a working farm. Living on site ready to welcome everyone on arrival, and sort out any inconveniences. A Welsh welcome awaits.
Guestbook comments from the owner
"Excellent accommodation ,everything we wanted and more. Highly recommended and value for money. Thanks for the welcome and looking after us, pony riding on the beach was a truly amazing experience. This is our 9th visit to the farm, and there is something new every year." Meg and Mark, Stoke on Trent. 2013
"Good, clean accommodation, home from home, everything as stated in advert. Eifionydd cottage exceeded its expectations. Swimming pool was fantastic, kept everyone occupied in the wet weather. Definitely be back again with more friends. Coastal path walks are easy reachable from Afonwen farm, and the beaches are lovely here". Alice and Family, Twickenham
"Thank you for a lovely holiday at Eifionydd cottage, plenty of room and no one complaining about bathrooms, one for everybody. Something for the old and young. Pool was really warm and enjoyable, a great base to explore North Wales and the Llyn Peninsula." Mrs Allen, Wakefield
1 holidaymaker review
From the Owner
“A family farm in the family for generations. In a perfect location with stunning views over cardigan bay. Ten minuets walk to the beach through the fields. Peaceful and breathtaking ,yet just off the main road and easy access.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Craft shop open on school holidays, painting ceramics etc.
Horse riding on site from may to September, for new or experienced riders.
Para-motoring holidays on the farm
Swimming and gym club on site.
Tennis club on site. Fishing lake on farm.
Afonwen beach is 10 minutes walk through the field. A peaceful sandy clean beach. A path from the farm signposted to the beach. Down to the lake is a 5 minute walk down the path on the farm. Set in an idyllic location, fantastic views and private. Anyone can fish in our private coarse fishing lake.
Abererch sandy beach 2 miles, Criccieth pebbly beach 4miles, Black rock sands beach 10 miles with parking on the beach. Abersoch beach 8miles, Pwllheli 4 miles.
Train station 1mile away in Criccieth.
Local bus service very good, passing every hour.
Taxi service excellent.
Car hire available Criccieth
Pwllheli town 4 miles Pwllheli Marina.
Abersoch 8miles. Rabbit farm, Llanystumdwy village 1mile,
Criccieth Castle 3 miles, Cadwaladers Ice Cream, Castle fish and chips.
Snowdonia half hour drive to Llanberis, Slate museum and Electric Mountain.
Glasfryn park go karts, bowling, farm shop, 4 miles.
Haven holiday site 1 mile, next door to the farm. Day passes available
Segway, and paintballing, Llanystumdwy village 1 mile
Lloyd George museum Llanystumdwy village
Pwllheli 4 miles, Tesco Porthmadog 8miles
Pub 1 mile up the road, The feathers pub 1mile good food.
THe Goat Excellent food 3miles. Post office in village I mile.
Banks pwllheli 4 miles. Chemist in Criccieth. Local hospital Alltwen 8 miles in Tremadog. local Doctors surgery in Criccieth 5minutues drive."
Leisure centres Pwllheli and Porthmadog
Sunday services in Criccieth Church, Pwllheli Catholic Church, Welsh Chapel in the village.
- Booking Notes:
Deposit paid with booking, cheques only
Full balance due 6weeks before holiday
Week. or short breaks, any day changeover.
Arrival time after 3, departing 10am on departure day,
Notes on prices:
Prices vary £350. -£850 in peak season
Short breaks available 2/3/4/5 nights break
Ring for prices
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“With a converted barn as an indoor heated swimming pool, the cottages are open all year. Gym and hot tub means there is something for everyone at Afonwen farm at any time of the year. Convenient to local village, one mile to local pub, with path and cycle path passing the gate.”
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- pets considered
- near the sea
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 4 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Ensuite bathroom to bedroom 1 with shower, wc, sinc Ensuite bathroom to bedroom 2 with bath, wc, sinc Ensuite bathroom to bedrooms3/and4 with shower, wc, sinc
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double and shower room downstairs accessible for the disabled with wheel in shower and grab rails. Bedroom 2 with twin beds and bathroom on ground level Bedroom 3 /4. bunk rooms with shower on ground level
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Notes on accommodation: A spacious cottage plenty of room for 2 families Everything you need for a pleasant stay, fully equipped kitchen, comfortable seating for relaxing. 4en suite bedrooms all bed linen included. Customers bring own towels. All laminated flooring. Newly updated bathrooms. Enclosed private garden at rear of cottage with garden furniture Outside: Heated swimming pool shared, 1meter depth, no lifeguard. Gym shared,no one under 16 to use the gym. Private enclosed garden with patio and wooden garden benches overlooking fields. Excellent garden to relax watching the sunset in the evening.You are welcome to bring your own BBQ to the garden. A great sun trap . Utility Room: Cupboard for hoover, brush, shoe stand, garden umbrella, torch, electric meter. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All bed linen provided, but no towels. Tea towels provided and cleaning accessories. Property cleaned when guests leave, or an extra charge for cleaning during your stay. Other: No other rooms