House in Kingsbridge, South Devon, England - Fantastic Rural Views, West Alvington Woods Just A Couple Of Minutes Walk, Tennis Courts next door!!
Our wonderful house has a great kitchen, spacious reception room, 4 double bedrooms, 2 bathrooms (Shower room with WC downstairs and a bathroom with WC on the 1st floor) & WIFI. There is a lovely conservatory to have meals in and a Spanish style court yard for outside eating/BBQ's, which is a great sun trap! It is situated on the edge of the market town of Kingsbridge, which is in the perfect position for you to explore Dartmouth and all the way round to Salcombe and at the same time be within a 10 minute drive of the 2 most lovely beaches in the area, Bantham & Thurlestone Rock for surfing & beach action. We also have allocated parking & 4 tennis courts right by the house (10 seconds Walk)!!
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
About Kate Barker
My wife, myself and our 2 boys moved from London to Devon 7 years ago. This was the best thing we've ever done!! It is such a wonderful environment and we have such a great lifestyle here. The whole family love to surf, kayak, swim, snorkel, fish, cycle and go for lovely walks on the national trust coastal paths and luckily we have this all on our doorstep!
Our house is a lovely bright and airy Victorian property with all the conveniences & necessities of modern living with a touch of luxury, just a stones throw from the South Hams coastline.
Kate Barker purchased this house in 2006
(1 traveller reviews)
We had an amazing holiday!, Kate and Ben have a really lovely cottage we loved the homeliness as well as the seaside feel of the decor, we didn't want to leave, it's walking distance to the town for some great restaurants and the facilities of the town, we tried three of the restaurants recommended by Kate and they were brilliant, kingsbridge is so well located for all the excellent beaches nearby and other places of interest , we certainly will be back and recommend it for a great place to have a holiday.
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Surfboards, body boards & snorkelling gear are available.
Bantham Beach- 10 minutes drive. Famous for its great surf & stand up paddle boarding down the estuary, beautiful beach with Burgh Island as a back drop.
Thurlestone Beach- 10 mins drive. All round great family hang-out, perfect for sunsets, with the famous Beach House Coffee Shack (Delicious coffee & cakes)
Salcombe- 15 min drive, Sailing Mecca, cool, trendy, great food, get the water taxi to South or North Sands beaches, or the ferry over to East Portlemouth and walk the coastal path.
Nearest train station- Totnes (20 minutes drive)
Nearest Airport- Exeter
Dartmouth- 14 miles (25 minutes)
Salcombe- 7 miles (10 Minutes)
Totnes- 13 miles (25 Minutes)
Dartmoor- 17 miles (30 minutes)
Exeter- 40 miles (50 Minutes)
Plymouth- 20 miles (40 minutes)
Crab Shell Pub- Fantastic waterside location, lovely Food (Own Pizza Oven)
Kingsbridge Harbour great for crabbing with the kids and catching the ferry up the estuary to Salcombe.
Leisure Centre, pool, squash courts, gym, fitness classes.
Harbour House Art Gallery & Yoga Centre.
Main high street, full of great shops selling local produce -10 minute walk.
2 supermarkets within a 10 minute walk.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Please contact owner.
Saturday, but if asked nicely we could possibly help you on change over days.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible ...
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Ground floor shower room- wc, sink, lovely large walk in shower. 1st floor bathroom- wc, sink, bath
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1- Light & Airy, Double Bed, dual aspect with rural views Bedroom 2- Light & Airy, Double Bed, rural views Bedroom 3- Light & Airy, Double Bed, bay window, South facing over Garden Bedroom 4- Light & Airy, Super Comfy Kingsize Corner Sofa bed
- Terrace ...
- Golf ...
- Barbecue ...
- Tennis ...
- Max. occupancy: 8
- children welcome
- Outside: Spanish style court yard with outside table and chairs for outside eating & BBQ's. This courtyard / terrace is totally private and a real sun trap on windy days! Utility Room: Washing Machine Tumble Dryer Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Lovely towels and cotton bed linen are provided and are changed once a week. Other: Lovely bright conservatory to have beautiful summer dinners in. (Stays wonderfully warm after the sun goes down)