Cottage in Trunch, Quiet Village Location, Views Of The Church, Only Yards To Shop And Pub
Full of charm and character, Thatch Cottage which is set in the heart of the village and right next to the Church, retains many original features including its wooden floor boards, beams and inglenook fireplace. Offering pleasant views from every aspect, it now boasts a large kitchen with vaulted ceiling, small utility area, a roomy lounge/dining room, 3 bedrooms (2 doubles and 1 twin) and 2 bathrooms. It has a fully enclosed, south facing garden with an outside patio/dining area and a pergola in the corner. There is off street parking for 2/3 vehicles. Access via a side gate offers an under cover parking space for another, small vehicle. New in 2015 we have finally succumbed and installed Wi-Fi - for all you internet junkies - enjoy!
Top Traveller Review
Home from Home
About the Owner
I began holidaying in North Norfolk more than 45 years ago when I was a small child. First it was camping, then caravaning & then staying in my parents holiday cottage. I introduced my husband to the area & now we holiday here regularly with our own children, so much so that it seemed crazy not to buy a place of our own. In 2003 we purchased our first holiday home here which we lovingly restored and enjoyed for over 9 years. Now with retirement plans in mind, we have taken the plunge and bought somewhere larger which we hope will one day become our 'forever home'. Until that time comes though, we are pleased to make it available to you for your own enjoyment, and we sincerely hope you enjoy your stay in what we consider to be the very best corner of rural England.
Guestbook comments from the owner
I would just like to say how much we enjoyed our long weekend in Norfolk and what a lovely cottage you have! We immediately felt at home & had a lovely relaxing time - Sue in Guildford
We want to thank you for letting us hire your wonderful cottage, it was fantastic. The boys loved having their own staircase, the cottage was lovely and warm and we loved its character. We enjoyed the surrounding area & found plenty to do - Paul & family from Spalding
5 based on 3 holidaymaker reviews
Home from Home
Beautiful cottage. Our family felt very much at home, everything we needed. The owners are fantastic and made our stay fabulous! Would highly recommend, we are going back for Christmas! Thank you Helen and family.
A beautiful cottage set in a beautiful village close to the sea this cottage has been set up with such professional detail from the moment I arrived I felt at home it was like stepping back in time but with a modern twist I love this cottage and will be highly recommending it to both family and friends thank you Helen for such a fantastic holiday
A beautiful cottage set in a beautiful village a short drive to the sea this cottage has been set up with such Professional detail from the moment I arrived I felt at home it was like stepping back in time but with a modern twist I love this cottage and the local people who made us very welcome thank you Helen I would highly recommend this to all my friends and family
Activity and Interests
There are plenty of beaches within easy driving distance of Trunch. The closest is at Mundesley, 2 miles away (5 minutes by car). Follow the coast road westward to more beaches at Cromer, Sheringham, Wells, Holkham, Brancaster and eastward to Bacton and Sea Palling (a lovely swimming environment for youngsters)
The nearest airport is Norwich International which is approximately 30 minutes drive. Trunch is a small, rural village and although there is a regular bus service to North Walsham, Cromer and Norwich a car is highly recommended.
North Walsham is two miles away and provides good shopping including a supermarket as well as pubs and restaurants. Cromer (the jewel of the North Norfolk coast) where you will find gift shops, a large tourist information facility and the box office for the famous 'End of the Pier' show is only 4 miles. The fabulous Georgian town of Holt is just 20 minutes West, Norwich is 30 minutes South and the Norfolk Broads are easily accessible by car in under an hour.
Across the road from Thatch Cottage, Trunch benefits from a well stocked village shop which incorporates a Post Office and also sells newspapers. The village pub is 100 yards down the road & serves food. Mobile phone reception is good however there is a telephone box across the road & a bus stop taking travellers to Norwich, North Walsham and Cromer.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
Autumn Half Term
15 Oct 2016 - 29 Oct 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Xmas and New Year
17 Dec 2016 - 1 Jan 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Bookings are confirmed on receipt of a completed booking form which should be accompanied with a £100 deposit. The balance is due 4 weeks prior to the start of the rental period. Deposits may be made by cheque, however it is requested that balances are paid by bank transfer direct into the owners account. Full details supplied on enquiry.
Our preferred changeover day is Saturday however this may be negotiable.
Bookings are secured with a £100 deposit for each week required e.g. 1 week booked = £100 deposit, 2 weeks booked = £200 deposit. Balance payment is due 4 weeks prior to arrival. Payment is preferred by direct transfer to a nominated bank account however cheques will be accepted in exceptional circumstances
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Music Library ...
- children welcome ...
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower)
- First floor bathroom with roll top bath, basin and wc. Ground floor bathroom with self contained shower unit, basin and wc. Heated towel rails to both rooms.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Master bedroom on first floor with king size bed. Bedrooms 2 & 3 are located on the top floor under the eaves. Due to a beam in these rooms, those over 5'10" tall will need to duck their head. Bedroom 2 is a standard double and Bedroom 3 has twin beds.
- Notes on accommodation: We regret we cannot accommodate pets. Staircases are steep and narrow, therefore unlikely to be suitable for anyone with restricted mobility. Please note that as the house has a thatched roof, smoking is strictly forbidden both inside & outside the property. Outside: In the rear courtyard there is a shed containing beach equipment such as buckets/spades/windbreak/kites, plus rotary dryer and BBQ etc. To the front, south facing garden, there is a patio with garden furniture, sun umbrella & further seating in the pergola. To the side of the property there is a secure storage facility for bicycles. Utility Room: Separate utility area off the rear lobby, housing the gas boiler and washer/dryer. Hanging space for coats. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen included. Please bring your own tea towels & beach towels. The cottage is cleaned on handover day, at the beginning and end of each rental.