Cottage in Sherford, Nr. Kingsbridge, South Devon, England - Peaceful Location, Use Of Nearby Indoor Heated Pool, Snooker Room And Tennis Court
Stancombe Cottage is a beautifully furnished cottage set down a long driveway providing a high level of privacy and peace. Set in over an acre, its elevated position takes full advantage of the wonderful country views. The property has four bedrooms, two en suite and a family bathroom. The living space opens onto large patio space with ample space for al fresco dining. The luxury kitchen, dining room and sitting room are open plan. A stunning conservatory provides further seating from which leads a large double bedroom with en suite shower room. Situated 15 minutes drive from Kingsbridge and 30 minutes from Salcombe, Stancombe Cottage provides the ideal base from which to explore the whole of South Devon.
About the Owner
We have busy lives running our own business and so began looking for a Devon cottage a few years ago as a place to 'escape' to. We were delighted when we found Stancombe Cottage. The cottage had been renovated to a high standard and we fell for it instantly.
Guestbook comments from the owner
'Wonderful house with everything you could possibly need. Lovely location. Many thanks for such nice memories' May 2013
'Devon at its best in every way and brilliantly equipped cottage with everything - including Cluedo!' June 2013
'Fabulous cottage and very thoughtfully kitted out. Such a comfortable stay. Suitable for all ages' August 2013
'Idyllic! Couldn't wish for anything more and thank you for providing decent maps' August 2013
'We had a fantastic week at Stancombe Cottage which is absolutely lovely. Thank you for a great holiday' July 2013
'The property is in such a peaceful and private setting with a lovely pool and fantastic games room .... nearby'. June 2013
From the Owner
“We fell in love the cottage - its unique position and the peace and quiet it affords. We can choose to be tucked away quietly and recharge our batteries and soak up the magnificent views or to take full advantage of all the facilities the South Hams has to offer. Fabulous beaches, walks, eateries and all types of sports. The choice is endless.”
Activity and Interests
Slapton and Torcross - approx 10 minutes by car
Many other beaches including Salcombe, Thurlestone, East Portlemouth, Bigbury are approximately 30 minutes by car
A car is essential.
There are airports at Exeter and Plymouth and excellent rail links with regular inter-city links to London and the Midlands from Totnes Railway station (approx 30 mins from Stancombe Cottage). The A38 Devon Expressway is a short distance away.
Frogmore - 5 minutes drive to local shop/Post Office with excellent bakery
The delightful estuary and market town of Kingsbridge is approx 4 miles from the cottage. There are a good range of shops, restaurants and cafes. Alongside the local shops there is a Morrisons and Tescos.
The local Tourist Information Office is situated in the car park by the harbour.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
28 Oct 2016 - 22 Dec 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
23 Dec 2016 - 5 Jan 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Please contact owner to discuss your requirements and to find out about late notice availibility.
Provisional bookings held for 5 days, confirmed on receipt of 50% non-returnable deposit. Balance will be required 6 weeks prior to holiday.
Security deposit of £200 - separate and refundable. This will be held un-cashed against any damage or excess cleaning charges if property not left in good order
Changeover day is Friday.
Arrival time is 3 pm onwards and departure on day of leaving is by 10 am
Notes on prices:
Short breaks may be available on request and are charged as follows:-
3 nights (Fri - Mon) 70% of weekly rate
4 nights (Mon - Fri) 80% of weekly rate.
Please contact me for rental prices to accommodate 4-6 people
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Guests staying at Stancombe Cottage are welcome to use the facilities of nearby Stancombe Manor. These include an indoor heated swimming pool, panelled snooker room, children's play area and recently resurfaced tennis court.”
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- children welcome
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- En-suite shower room to bedroom 1 with shower and wc. Bedroom 2 has en suite shower and wc. Family bathroom has free standing bath, separate shower and wc.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Flexible accomodation. Sleeps between 2 - 8 Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 (ground floor) has a double bed, en suite shower room and wc. Bedroom 2 has a double bed, with an en suite shower and wc. Bedroom 3 has twin beds which can be converted to super kingsize Bedroom 3 has a single bed and bunk beds.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: Stancombe Cottage benefits from a 24 hour Property Emergency Call Out Service. Free WiFi access. Guests have full use of the heated indoor swimming pool, tennis court, children's play area and wood panelled snooker room situated at Stancombe Manor - 5 minutes stroll from the cottage. We regret that we do not allow dogs/pets. No hen or stag parties. Rates are inclusive of linen, bath towels electricity and heating . Guests should however provide their own beach towels. Maid service can also be arranged for those guests requiring a cleaning service during their stay. Travel cot, highchair and stairgate are available for hire, and should be requested at time of booking - cot linen to be supplied by guest. The telephone will only accept incoming calls and make emergency service calls. Mobile phone network coverage is generally good. Strictly No Smoking. The gateway from the courtyard to the lane is fairly narrow and although most vehicles can get through - care should be taken. Outside: The large patio surrounding the cottage due to the nature of the paving has some uneven areas. There are several french doors from the property which open to this area. Plenty of seating enables guests to take full advantage of the amazing views and to enjoy eating al fresco. The three lawn areas are sloping and therefore care should be exercised. Small children should be supervised and care taken by the elderly and infirm. Utility Room: Sink, washing machine and clothes dryer. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen are provided, however guests should bring their own beach towels. Bed linen for travel cot bed is not provided. The property is cleaned before each stay. Extra cleaning can be arranged if requested in advance. Other: Large conservatory has large corner sofa and large seat/footstool seating 6 along with 42" TV, FreeSat and BlueRay player, underfloor heating and access via French doors to patio.