Bungalow in Llandanwg, Nr. Harlech, Snowdonia National Park, Wales
This newly renovated seaside bungalow sits in the village of Llandanwg,a short distance from Harlech. Its elevated position provides panoramic views over the Llyn Peninsula, whilst the stunning backdrop of the Rhinog mountains ensure that a magnificent view is never far away. Its seaside location and proximity to the mountains make it an ideal base for simple beach holidays and exploring the great outdoors by foot or bike. There is easy access onto the coastal path running through Llandanwg and the national cycle trails can be found at the top of the road. Alternatively, Llandanwg's nearby train line means that the many Welsh Coastal towns are never far away, providing activities for all to enjoy.
About the Owner
About Karen Bratton
I live in Shropshire with my husband and 3 children and we have been visiting Snowdonia for 40 years and Llandanwg for the past 10 years.
Karen Bratton purchased this bungalow in 2012
Why Karen Bratton chose Gwynedd - Snowdonia
Llandanwg is a perfect location to escape and take time to reflect on the simple pleasures of life. The beach is beautiful with its stunning backdrop of the mountains of Snowdonia. In summer, spend lazy hot days gazing out to sea across the bay towards the Lleyn Peninsula and during colder months take a walk along the beach or further round to Pensarn Harbour and take in the ever changing views in all directions.
What makes this bungalow unique
Only a five minute stroll to the beach we wanted to give this property the new lease of life it deserved, so that more people can stay and experience the peace and beauty of Llandanwg.
From the Owner
“Llandanwg is a perfect location to escape and take time to reflect on the simple pleasures of life. The beach is beautiful with its stunning backdrop of the mountains of Snowdonia. In summer, spend lazy hot days gazing out to sea across the bay towards the Lleyn Peninsula and during colder months take a walk along the beach or further round to Pensarn Harbour and take in the ever changing views in all directions.”
Activity and Interests
0. 5miles to the beach -05 minute walk
Llandanwg beach is a beautiful traditional family friendly beach. There is a parking area at the rear that also has toilets and The Y Maes cafe is also on site serving ice-creams, drinks and snacks. The beach has space for everyone to run around, there are rock pools to discover and at low tide it is possible to walk along the beach into Harlech . Hidden in the dunes is the beautiful 13th century medieval church of St Tanwg which is still in use.
Car use recommended, though easy connection available by rail.
Bus connection 10 mins walk away.
Nearest town Harlech-5 mins drive
Porthmadog/Portmerion 25 mins
Shell Island 15 mins
Barmouth 20 mins
In Harlech there are 2 small supermarkets, cash point and banks, plenty of cafes and some good restaurants as well as a very fine castle with stunning views towards Snowdonia!
Further afield Porthmadog has a large Tesco,which will do online based delivery ,interesting shops and two steam railway lines. On the way to Porthmadog is Portmerion the Italian styled village and home of the Prisoner cult tv series.
South of Llandanwg is the popular area of Shell Island with beautiful dunes and large sandy beaches. Further down the coast is the lively resort of Barmouth, a good place to keep the children entertained with its funfair and typical resort attractions. It sits at the end of the stunning Mawddach estuary which has its own walking and bike trail running its length . For more challenging routes Coed y Brenin has mountain bike trails galore is around 40 mins drive.
If quiet walks are what you need there are an abundance of public footpaths in the foothills of the Rhinog mountains which suit various ability levels ,whilst the Rhinogs and surrounding peaks provide more challenging walking and spectacular views into the interior and down to the coast. Walking guides and maps are kept at the property.
Boat launching is possible from nearby Pensarn Harbour -5mins drive.
Bike hire is available in nearby LLanbedr and they will deliver to the property .
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£150|
Please contact owner.
Booking form and 30% deposit to confirm booking.
Balance of payment due 8 weeks prior to arrival date.
Arrival time 1600hrs
Departure by 1000hrs
30 percent deposit to confirm reservation
Balance 8 weeks before holiday start date.
From the Owner
“Only a five minute stroll to the beach we wanted to give this property the new lease of life it deserved, so that more people can stay and experience the peace and beauty of Llandanwg.”
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- children welcome
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- recreation centre
- bird watching
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
Sports & Adventure Activities
- mountain biking
- mountain climbing
- bay fishing
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- En-suite bathroom to bedroom 1 with shower/wc. Main bathroom with shower/wc. Separate wc off utility room.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 7 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with king size bed, wardrobe., Ensuite bathroom with shower. Bedroom 2 with double bed, wardrobe. Bedroom 3 with twin beds, wardrobe. Bedroom 4 with single bed. Duvets and 200 thread count white linen.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: Welcome pack of welsh produce on arrival. No Smoking please NO PETS (due to family member with allergy problems) Not suitable for wheelchair access Outside: Large fenced garden to front of property. Patio to side of property with garden furniture including dining table/seating, bench, coffee table. Small bistro table and 2 chairs. Grassed area to side of patio. Storage shed for bikes, canoes and beach equipment. Extensive parking with double entrance drive. Utility Room: Large utility area with Welsh slate floor. Washing machine, sink, granite worktop. Door leading out to patio. Separate wc. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Linen included. Towels on request at an additional cost. Property cleaned weekly including linen and towels. Other: Porch with Welsh slate floor, leading to large inner hall with wooden flooring.