House in Les Casses, Carcassonne, Aude, Languedoc-Roussillon, France - Villa Confey Is A Non-smoking House With Garden, Private Pool And Parking For Up To 2 Cars
Situated between Carcassonne and Toulouse in the heart of the Cathar village of Les Casses you will find Villa Confey the perfect place to relax and explore this beautiful region of France. A spacious well appointed house with a fully equipped kitchen and all the necessary modern appliances. However, if you decide not to cook at home; then there are plenty of good, reasonably priced restaurants in the area to explore, two nearby with a Michelin star are certainly worth a visit. The private south facing garden is planted with aromatic herbs such as rosemary, sage, thyme, bay, mint and lavender; where you can relax on the sunbeds in front of the pool soaking up the sun. Then when the heat becomes too much; you can take a cool dip in the pool. A barbecue is available and will be invaluable for entertaining and al-fresco dining. There are plenty of local markets in the nearby towns of Castelnaudary, Villefranche de Lauragais and Revel; of which Revel is worth a visit on Saturday mornings.
Top Traveller Review
Spacious, very well kept property.
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
Lovely holiday, house just perfect - Oakes & Knox families. N. Ireland. (Aug 2010)
Wonderful time, gorgeous villa, we loved it - Subbotin Family. London, England. (Aug 2009)
We had a nice time in Villa Confey and enjoyed the home, the pool and of course the weather. Each morning breakfast by the swimming pool is a nice start to the day - Hoekstra family, Netherlands (Aug 2009)
The perfect holiday house, well equipped with everything you could wish for. The pool was perfect and so private. Great location. Would recommend to friends and hope to come again. - Robinson. London, England (June 2008)
Have thoroughly enjoyed the week, excellent house and perfect location. Could not have wished for better weather. Would thoroughly recommend. - Williamson, West Sussex, England. (Sept 2007)
1 holidaymaker review
Spacious, very well kept property.
Spacious and clean with all the equipment you need. Lovely swimming pool & terrace area to sit out with enough loungers for all. Plenty of games & we used the local pétanque area where welcoming locals played too. Great place to stay for day trips out. Would stay again.
Activity and Interests
The nearest coastal beaches are Narbonne-Plage and La Franqui, about 1h30mins travelling time.
The nearest airports are Toulouse (55 mins) and Carcassonne (55 mins). Driving from Calais will take around 10 to 12 hours.
Car is essential.
The nearest village with shops, restaurants and a post office is Saint Felix Lauragais (4km). The nearest towns with supermarkets are Revel (13Km), Castelnaudary (16Km) and Villefranche de Lauragais (16km)
Les Casses is near Saint Felix Lauragais and the towns of Revel, Castelnaudry and Villefranche de Lauragais.
In the heart of the Lauragais, with its beautiful countryside and cathar castles. Villa Confey is 35 minutes by car from both Carcassonne and Toulouse. Toulouse, the 'Ville Rose', has excellent shopping facilities, architecture, history and art. The medieval cite of Carcassonne, the inspiration for the book Labyrinth with its two outer walls and 52 towers is definitely worth a visit.
Near Revel is the Lac de St Ferreol which is ideal for children with its sandy beach, pine woods, bars and restaurants. You can also hire pedeloes and small boats. The Lac St Ferréol is one of several water sources for the Canal du Midi and in the town of Castelnaudary it is possible to take boats trips along the canal. If you wish to rent bicycles, then they can be hired nearby to the canal at the village of Montferrand. A cycle path exists along the whole canal from Toulouse to the Mediterranean.
Explore the Cathar castles and visit the inspiration of the 'Da Vinci Code' and the 'Holy Blood and the Holy Grail' - Rennes Le Chateau. This truly is a great place to unwind and enjoy fabulous regional foods in a sun drenched area of Southern France.
The area has good local wines as we are nestled on the edge of the famous wine regions: Carbardes, Cote de la Malpere, Corbieres, Minervois and Fitou. The nearby town of Castelnadary is famous for the local dish 'Cassoulet' and has the Fete du Cassoulet during the last weekend in August.
With the excellent road connections the coastal resort of Narbonne is about 1 hour, the Pyrenees mountain range approx 1½ hours, Andorra about 2 hours and Barcelona about 3 hours.
Other activities possible nearby include swimming, golf, walking, horse-riding and cycling.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Oct 2016 - 5 Nov 2016
5 night minimum stay
for 5 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
To confirm the a booking reservation I will require a non-refundable deposit of 30%. The final payment of must be made 8 weeks before the start of your holiday. Also I will require a refundable 250 Euros breakage/security deposit in cash on arrival.
During the high season (July/August) Saturday is the changeover day. Mid-week changeovers are available during the mid and low seasons.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
- children welcome
- limited accessibility
- non smoking only
- pets considered
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- A family bathroom, a separate WC on the ground floor and a En-suite shower/WC on the first floor
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Villa Confey has three bedrooms, a double and twin bedded room on the ground floor and the master double bedroom with en-suit shower and WC on the first floor.
- Notes on accommodation: There are a cot and stair gate available on request and the master bedroom also has a sofa bed that can easily modified to allow a small child to share the room with his/her parents. Outside: For outside entertaining there are a table and 6 chairs, a gas barbecue. To soak up the sun, 4 sunbeds are provided and a large parasol to give some shade. The pool area is fenced and the private swimming pool is 7.0m x 3.5m with Roman steps and pool alarm. If you wish to play Pétanque, then there is a boule area within walking distance in front of the village hall. Tennis courts owned by the local tennis club are situated at the edge of the village (which with a small fee you can arrange to use with the local club) Local maps and guides are provided, where you can go for local walks; cycles can be hired nearby if you wish to cycle along the Canal du Midi, La Rigole or just explore the local area without the use of a car. Utility Room: Washing machine and ironing facilities. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: A set of bed linen and towels are included for the duration of your stay. On arrival you will find Villa Confey clean and tidy and we ask you to leave it clean & tidy when you depart; If you wish to pay for cleaning, there is a charge of 50 Euros. Other: Dining room with table and 6 chairs.