Villa in Praia Verde, Castro Marim, Eastern Algarve, Portugal - Casa Sarena Has A Rural Feel Overlooking Open Fields To The Sea And Is Just 5 Minutes From The Beach
The Villa is superbly furnished having 4 large bedrooms, fully equipped high quality kitchen, 3 marbled bathrooms and a wonderful lounge which looks straight over the pool. State of the art air-conditioning and heating.
About the Owner
Ian & Sarena Morris
This is our lovely family holiday home which we all look forward to visiting as frequently as our busy lives permit.
We have two younger children who turn into fish and live in the pool whenever we visit!
From the Owner
“Hi there! We built Casa Sarena a couple of years ago having fallen in love with the area after holidaying there for many previous years. When we rented villas in the past we loved the ones where it was clearly a cherished holiday home, not a business to maximise profit. We found the test to be the quality of the beds and furnishings. Instant indicators were the pots, pans cutlery and crockery. In a cherished home these were always so much better. That has been our benchmark throughout our build and during our choice of furnishings and equipment. We did it without any thought of profit, just to the ultimate style and quality that we felt our loving home deserved. We hope you'll love it as much too!”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
The nearby Ria Formosa
Protected lagoon landscape which stretches along the Eastern Algarve coast from Faro to the village of Cacela Velha near Tavira. The Ria Formosa is a designated Natural Park of over 170 km² and a stopping place for hundreds of different birds during the spring and autumn migratory periods.
A purpose built resort and marina and is one of Europe's largest tourist beach resorts. At the heart of Vilamoura is the marina which has the capacity to berth over 1,000 vessels. The marina is surrounded by large hotels and luxury holiday homes as well as a casino plus numerous restaurants and vibrant bars. At the far corner of the marina, it is possible to charter boats for big game fishing and there are also facilities for jet skiing and parascending.
Monte Gordo (10 minutes drive)
Monte Gordo has a casino, lovely beach and plenty of bars, restaurants and open air free concerts. The town also features a nightly market.
Praia Verde Beach
It's only a 5 minute drive to the famously long and sandy beach of Praia Verde. This beach is not as commercialised as most in the Algarve because of its rural setting. It's very much favoured by the locals (they always know the best places!) so our advice is to perhaps avoid it on Sundays - as it's so lovely and tranquil during the week!
Whether you're coming to the Algarve for the first time or are a regular visitor you could not discover a more convenient place for your stay. Casa Sarena offers beautiful views over open fields to the sea. Being 1 minute from the A125 (main coast road) and 3 minutes from the A22 (motorway which runs from Lisbon to Seville).supermarket and restaurants within walking distance,15 minutes drive from beautiful Tavira and only 10 minutes drive to Spain.
The villa is situated in a private area, with a few other villas and bungalows nearby. There are several stunning beaches within 10 minutes drive; Manta Rota, Monte Gordo, Altura and just 5 minutes from Praia Verde beach.
There are several other restaurants and beaches located along the A125 leading you to the famous Roman town of Tavira (15-20 mins) with its cobbled streets and numerous bars and restaurants.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Jul 2017 - 1 Sep 2018
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
Just call or email us as we try to be as flexible as possible!
Please contact owner
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“One of the best beaches in Portugal and more than 10 golf courses within easy reach - is what made us choose to build Casa Sarena in this idillic spot. We also wanted to avoid the more touristy parts of the Algarve. A cheap but good fish restaurant full of locals in a nearby town is a good benchmark. From Casa Sarena one can walk to a number of them!”
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Bathrooms: En-suite to bedroom 1 with bath and shower, WC and bidet and wash basin. Bathroom 2 with bath and shower, WC, bidet, and wash basin. Bathroom 3 with shower, WC and wash basin (on ground floor).
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double beds, en-suite and private balcony. Bedroom 2 with twin beds and private balcony. Bedroom 3 with twin beds. Bedroom 4 (ground floor) with double bed and adjacent shower room.
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Outside: There is a large roof garden with panoramic views over the open countryside and sea. This is a very private area and remains a real sun trap during the evening and on rare inclement days. The private pool is cleaned twice per week. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: The villa comes with all linen which is changed weekly including towels. Maid service can be arranged at a supplement. Other: There is always a sunny spot where you can catch the rays or an alternative shady spot if required. The pool surrounds have be fitted with special non slip surfaces which is typical of the attention to detail than went into the design and build