Apartment in Bath, Somerset, England - Luxurious Ground Floor Apartment With Private Parking Only A Short Level Walk From The Heart Of Bath
Newly opened and furnished in January 2013 this luxurious ground floor apartment has been awarded a 4 star Gold award by Visit Britain. Designed and furnished to be a luxurious "home from home" in the heart of Georgian Bath, the apartment is within easy walking distance of all Bath's famous sights and shops, so you can leave your car parked in the private space outside. Built in 2008 to continue the original Georgian Terrace, Number3 combines the elegance of Georgian style on the outside with the benefits of modern building techniques inside. A small gated patio area and your own front door lead to warmth and comfort, new furniture and modern appliances, streamlined new bathrooms and a well equipped, modern fitted kitchen - the ideal base for enjoying the pleasures of our beautiful city!
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
We have lived in Bath for just over 12 years and feel very privileged to live in such a lovely city. We enjoy the environment, the lifestyle, the restaurants, the arts events, the open spaces and some of us enjoy the shopping too... We live about 10 minutes away from the apartment, on the edge of the city and are on hand for any information about our beautiful city. We have also just opened a second, brand new apartment in the city - see Owner's Direct property 8165344.
Guestbook comments from the owner
Comments from recent guests:
"The location was fantastic. The apartment was the best we have stayed in, clean, comfortable and well equipped. Could not have asked for more."
"The house is furnished to a very high standard. The bedrooms were fabulous. The kitchen had all the utensils we could wish for. The lounge dining room combo made it a very sociable environment a great opportunity to spend time with family and friends."
“Perfect! A beautifully furnished, clean, warm and conveniently located apartment with the added benefit of off road parking."
5 based on 1 holidaymaker reviews
I can't speak highly about Alison's help over the booking arrangements and the leadup to us actually arriving (there was a train strike on the day of travel!). All that we read about the accommodation and location was word for word. An exceptionally clean, well-maintained and extremely comfortable accommodation with a great location - quiet and a level 15 min walk from the town centre or £5 by taxi if you didn't travel in rush hour! Linen and towels of very high quality; all mod cons in pristine condition and fully functional. Lovely breakfast pack and so much of it that it last us three the two nights we stayed. Highly recommended and will not disappoint. Thank you Alison!
From the Owner
“We love the location, less than 10 minutes level stroll past Georgian terraces to the heart of the city. Herschel Place was built in 2008 to continue the line of the original Georgian terrace, we think the combination of the Georgian exterior and the modern interior with all the advantages of modern building techniques (eg modern plumbing and no draughts through the sash windows!) is perfect for a relaxing holiday.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
*NEWS UPDATE* 1 extra hour FREE (Monday to Friday inclusive) at Thermae Bath Spa when you stay at Number3 Herschel Place.
- Day passes to a 5* private leisure club with gym, pools, thermal suite just around the corner from the apartment,
- Private city tours in an elegant horse-drawn carriage (ideal for a spot of romance!)
We can usually arrange babysitting by a Norland College nanny student, if you bring the little ones.
We can also arrange lots of different activities.
The apartment is an ideal city base for cycling and walking holidays. The Kennet and Avon canal is just a few hundred metres from the apartment and numerous other routes start close by. There is covered, lockable storage for bikes and outdoor gear at the apartment.
Approximately 1 hour to the Somerset beaches.
Bath Spa station: a 15 minute walk or short taxi ride away.
Bristol Airport: 19 miles (a regular bus service runs between the airport and Bath Spa station or taxis can be arranged).
Heathrow Airport: easily reached by train or coach and approx. 1 hr 45 mins by car.
Central London: good road and rail connections with regular trains between Bath and Paddington taking 1hr 30mins.
A car is not needed.
The excellent bus service to Bath University stops 300m away from the apartment.
Bath really does have something for everyone, from beautiful architecture to tempting independent shops, world-famous sights, elegant gardens for relaxing and spacious parks where children can let off steam. There are numerous cultural festivals, including the famous Bath International Music Festival, and the welcoming family atmosphere of Bath rugby will appeal to anyone who likes sport. There is horse racing at Bath Racecourse, car and motorcycle racing at Castle Combe and numerous golf club in, and just outside, Bath.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
24 Nov 2016 - 1 Jan 2017
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
2 Jan 2017 - 6 Apr 2017
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
7 Apr 2017 - 29 Oct 2017
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£100|
Booking is easy through our website (see link below), or contact us by phone or email. We accept credit card payments.
A 2 night minimum stay is required. Bank holiday Sunday nights and Easter Sunday are charged as weekend nights.
Changeover day flexible. Check-in from 4pm, check-out 10am (unless agreed otherwise in advance with the owner).
Notes on prices:
Please note that Bank holiday Sunday nights and Easter Sunday are charged at the weekend rate.
LOW SEASON DISCOUNT FOR SUNDAY NIGHTS: stay Friday and Saturday nights during the low season and add Sunday night for £100.
PLEASE NOTE OUR CANCELLATION POLICY (NB the Owners Direct site does not give us the option of showing an accurate policy under the "Owner's Cancellation Policy" box)
If you cancel your booking, we will make all reasonable efforts to re-let the property. If the property is re-let, your payment will be refunded, less £25 to cover our administration costs.
If the property cannot be re-let, our cancellation charges are as follows:
- Cancellations more than 4 weeks before arrival: Loss of deposit
- Cancellation less than 4 weeks before arrival: Full rental cost
A 50% deposit is payable on booking, with the remainder payable 4 weeks before arrival. We accept credit cards or bank transfers (in £'s sterling or Euros).
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 0% refund for cancellations more than 0 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
- Tourist Attractions
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Stereo ...
- Television ...
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- The family bathroom has a full-size bath with a shower over and a glass shower screen. The en-suite in the master bedroom has a large shower. Both bathrooms have heated towel rails, plenty of fluffy towels and lit, mirrored bathroom cabinets.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Both peaceful bedrooms have luxurious beds with crisp cotton bed linens and plenty of pillows and cushions. The large main bedroom has a 6ft (180 cm) bed and the smaller 2nd bedroom has a 5ft (152 cm) bed, both beds can be separated into singles.
- Terrace ...
- Golf ...
- Tennis ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: So that you can enjoy the comforts of home and the pleasures of a stress-free holiday in our lovely city, we include: Breakfast for your first morning (usually including our home-made bread) - so there's no rush to a supermarket when you arrive; Restaurant recommendations before you arrive - so you can plan your first evening out; Theatre, rugby and concert ticket service - so your evening out is booked and the tickets waiting for you; We can also arrange for home cooked fine dining ready meals to be in the kitchen for your arrival, arrange a Norland Nanny babysitter, do your shopping and put it in the apartment for you. Outside: There is a small, gated patio area by the front door with bistro table and chairs. Unusually for central Bath, there is private off-road parking for 1 car at the apartment. Private parking for a second car is available 300 metres away, for a small extra charge. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All linens and towels are provided. The end of stay clean is included in your rental and cleaning during your stay can be arranged with our lovely cleaners on request.