Cottage in Ashwater, nr. Holsworthy, North Devon, England - 2 Bedroom Cottage With Easy Reach Of Dartmoor And North Cornwall Coastline
Meadowside Forge Holiday Cottage is a single story, luxury 2 bedroom Barn Conversion. The historic building that was originally a working forge has been sympathetically converted to the highest standards and retains many original features. With natural stonewalls, exposed beamed ceilings and high quality furnishings, this is a character property with a spacious modern interior. Meadowside Forge is set in the delightful hamlet of Quoditch near Ashwater in Devon and will recharge those batteries. All on one level, the light and airy open plan living area has a well-equipped kitchen and sofas surrounding the multi-burner, just perfect for those out-of-season breaks. The two bedrooms have beautiful bedsteads and luxurious bed linen, and share the spacious bathroom with a bath and separate shower cubicle. Outside, there is a private enclosed patio-area, complete with garden seating and a barbecue. Ashwater has a really good pub and for those wishing to explore, Meadowside Forge could not be more centrally located for visiting the Eden Project one day and Bude or Widemouth Bay the next.
Top Traveller Review
Wonderful accommodation and well positioned
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
Absolutely stunning place to stay, we want to live here. I have a love of furniture and all the furniture is amazing. Would love to come here again.
5 based on 1 holidaymaker reviews
Wonderful accommodation and well positioned
We had a lovely stay and were made to feel very welcome. The cottage was very well equipped and comfortable. It was also well placed for exploring both Devon and Cornwell. Certainly recommend this property.
Activity and Interests
Nearest Beach : Bude at 18 Miles
Nearest Airport : Exeter at 40 Miles
Nearest Ferry : Plymouth at 35 Miles
Nearest Train : Plymouth at 35 Miles
Nearest Motorway : A30 at 9 Miles
Nearest Barpub : Village Inn at 1.5 Miles
Nearest Restaurant : Blagdon Manor at 3 Miles
Situated in The Devonshire Countryside Meadowside Forge Holiday Cottage is ideally situated as a base for exploring. There are many attractions to suit all tastes including The Eden Project, RHS Rosemoor, Roadford lake for water sports, Cookworthy Forest. The North Cornish coastline is just a short drive away It has direct access to the coastal path, lovely beaches at Widemouth Bay, Bude and many other delightful coves.
Alternatively closer to home there is a footpath on the doorstep that leads to lovely rolling countryside or why not just unwind in front of the cosy wood burning stove.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
5 Nov 2016 - 23 Dec 2016
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
24 Dec 2016 - 6 Jan 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
The cottage is available from 3pm on arrival day and we ask that you vacate by 10am on departure day to allow us time to prepare for our next arrivals. For full booking terms and conditions please refer to the booking terms page on the website www.meadowsideforge.com
A deposit of 30% of the holiday cost is payable at the time of booking with the balance due 6 weeks before arrival.
Payment should either be by direct bank transfer or cheque. Please contact the owner for details
Saturday, However short stays are also available please contact the owner with your requirements.
Notes on prices:
Short stays are charged at 70% of the weekly price for 3 night weekend stays(Friday - Sunday) and 75% of the weekly price for 4 Night stays (Monday - Friday)
Pets are charged at £15. Extra guests using sofa bed are £40 each per week. Babies using the cot are £15 per week or no charge if using own bedding.
Short stays are available at certain times please contact the owner with your request.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
- Hair Dryer
- Heating ...
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove ...
- Dishes & Utensils
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Video Library
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- limited accessibility
- non smoking only
- pets considered
- winery tours
- horse riding
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- equestrian events
- mountain biking
- water skiing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- The large bathroom has a bath and separate shower, WC, sink and heated towel rail.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) Plus cot Notes on bedrooms: There are two bedrooms, one double with French doors leading onto the garden area and one twin room.
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: A cot and high chair can be provided on request. There is also the facility of a double sofa bed in the living room, although bookings for more than four guests (plus a baby) will incur a small supplement. Outside: Outside there is a lovely private enclosed garden, this area which provides a lovely sunny area for relaxing or eating al fresco is fully equipped with seating and a BBQ. There is also a chimenea that can be used for those chillier evenings. The area is accesed either via the side gate or via the french doors in the main bedroom. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All bed linen and towels are provided. These will be changed midway through a two week stay. Cot linen can also be provided if required