Peaceful Location 5 mins drive From A Very Picturesque Hilltop Town
Le Marche is not quite on the tourist agenda like Tuscany and Umbria and so still retains a very Italian rather than an international feel. The people are very genuine and friendly and the quality of the food is quite exceptional. From the house you have easy access to local markets, supermarkets, restaurants and bars. The university town of Macerata home to the world famous open air opera arena, the Sferisterio, is 20 mins drive and events take place in July and August. The birthplace of the Disfida del Bracciale (a cross between tennis and squash) takes place in Treia, the nearest hill top town (under a five minute drive away) at the end of July/beginning of August each year. Two of the best restaurants in Le Marche are within very easy reach. The coastal towns provide an overwhelming choice of top-notch seafood restaurants at still very reasonable prices. Many of the towns and villages put on concerts throughout the summer: many of them free.
Top Traveller Review
Fabulous house and superb location
About the Owner
About Tommy Thompson
We live and work in England but spend much of our holiday and free time in Italy particularly since buying the farmhouse about ten years ago.
Our two overriding interests are food and Italy.
Tommy Thompson purchased this farmhouse in 2002
Why Tommy Thompson chose Macerata
The local people are probably some of the friendliest and helpful in Italy.
Like the rest of Italy the food is top quality. Le Marche is still probably one the least expensive areas and the food is predominantly locally produced; as is much of the wine. The property is surrounded by farmland and a forty minute ride away is the Adriatic coast with some of the best sea food available.
What makes this farmhouse unique
Peace and quiet, yet within easy access of busy interesting cities and coast.
(5 traveller reviews)
Fabulous house and superb location
This house has absolutely everything you need for a relaxing holiday, it really is a home from home. The large pool is perfect with plenty of comfortable outdoor seating areas and fantastic views of the hills and surrounding countryside. The gardens are lovely with opportunity to take advantage of plenty of sun or shade. We had a fantastic holiday here and would not hesitate to recommend it to others.
We had the most fabulous two week break here with all the family. Everything about it was perfection. The owners couldn't have been more helpful and the restaurants they recommended (and even booked for us on occasion) were superb.
Fantastic pool and unbeatable views. we will definitely be back.
Richard and Christine White
A wonderful family holiday
We have just returned from a pizza meal out and been reminded that we wanted to write a review for this property near Treia. We had the most fabulous week at the house in every way. The house and grounds were superb, thoughtfully planned and laid out. There was a place to sit and relax for every part of the day. The pool was amazing – we spent so much time swimming and playing around the pool. The house had everything we needed. The owners (strangers to us) were generous and trusting of us during our stay and made the house our home for our week’s holiday. We were also fortunate to be in Italy for the week of the Bracciale tournament and spent a couple of evenings fascinated by this medieval game. We managed to drag ourselves away from the pool to go to the Adriatic coast where the sea was wonderfully warm. If we could afford this property we would buy it but in the meantime we will certainly have it on our list of places to return to.
A wonderful house
It is a very complete, well equipped and wonderful house with very nice furnishings. We stayed there for 3 weeks and enjoyed the peace and tranquillity very much. Treia is a nice town and the tips from the owners about restaurants and places to visit were very welcome. As we love food and wine you can say Marche is the right place to be and with this house, well need we more to say.
What a fabulous place! The accommodation was spacious, beautifully furnished and well equipped. We spent most days by the immaculate pool- plenty of sun loungers, inflatables for the children and the fridge in the pool house was a particularly nice touch. We had many fabulous evenings enjoying BBQ's under the mulberry tree, complete with candle chandelier. The views towards Treia on one side and the mountains in the other were spectacular. We found Treia very friendly and we ran out of time to visit all the restaurants locally (despite our best efforts!). We'll be back next year.
From the Owner
“The local people are probably some of the friendliest and helpful in Italy. Like the rest of Italy the food is top quality. Le Marche is still probably one the least expensive areas and the food is predominantly locally produced; as is much of the wine. The property is surrounded by farmland and a forty minute ride away is the Adriatic coast with some of the best sea food available.”
Activity and Interests
40 mins drive from the beaches of the Adriatic coast, 90 mins to the Sibillini mountains and skiing. Set in a tranquil environment of gently rolling hills amidst picturesque farmland. It is the ideal setting for a relaxing break.
An easy 40 min drive of Ancona (Falconara airport) and the port where ferries give access to all the countries of the Adriatic.
Car hire is available at the airport and is advised.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£400|
Booking Notes: House cleaned at start & end of stay.
Please contact owner
Changeover Day: Saturday. Other days can be accommodated depending on existing bookings or additional rent could be paid.
Saturday changeover but can be flexible depending on other bookings.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for four people. Rental and security deposit rates are dependent on number and age of guests, time of year and length of stay.
Prices are in GBP.
To confirm a booking a deposit of 25% of the rental cost is payable immediately to reserve it.
The balance plus the refundable security deposit must then be paid a minimum of eight weeks in advance of arrival .
Refunds: Over 8 weeks – no charge: 4-8 weeks – 50%: less than 4 weeks none.
Pool is closed from Oct to Mar (inc)
Reservation deposit (25% of rent) required at time of booking.
Balance to be paid 2 months prior to start of rental period.
Security deposit (usually £400.00) to be paid at same time as balance paid.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Peace and quiet, yet within easy access of busy interesting cities and coast.”
- Fireplace ...
- Heating ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine ...
- Wood Stove ...
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Freezer ...
- Kitchen ...
- Microwave ...
- Oven ...
- Hob ...
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- Books ...
- DVD Player
- Ping Pong Table
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool ...
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- theme parks
- horse riding
- outlet shopping
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Bidet, Hand shower with bath
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Bath (no shower), Bidet, Hand shower with bath.
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, Wet room type arrangement with single wash basin
- -Tiled shower/wet room with lavatory, bidet and basin. -Third bathroom with full size bath, hand shower, lavatory, bidet and basin. -Ground floor
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: - First floor bedrooms: 1 – double bed 2 – double bed 3 - twin beds 4 – double bed on ground floor with bathroom containing bath, hand shower, double basin.
- Terrace ...
- Barbecue ...
- Notes on accommodation: The house has beautiful terracotta floors throughout. Most rooms have exposed beams that are light and airy in summer and that give a mellow warm feel in winter particularly with the open fires in the first floor living room and ground floor kitchen. There is a large brick built barbecue within one seating area, sheltered by mature mulberry trees. Outside: The garden, fully fenced with lockable gate, surrounds a 14mx7m pool with Roman steps for easy access. The old pool house contains a drinks fridge, ten very comfortable sunbeds, table tennis table, additional small BBQ & a variety of inflatables. Several seating and eating areas within the garden. Utility Room: Small utility room in outdoor extension with washing machine and enough room to dry clothes. Large upright fridge with freezer. Iron and ironing board. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Facilities: Towels and linen are included (including plenty of towels for the pool). The property will be handed over clean and will be cleaned when you leave. Additional cleaning services can be arranged if desired at extra cost. Other: There is an upstairs living room with an open fire, settees beamed ceiling and lots of reading matter.