House in Salcombe, South Devon, England - Within An Easy Walk Of Both The Town And The Beach
This bright and modern family-friendly house has all you need for a relaxing holiday. Spread out in the house and the garden and enjoy the quiet of the edge of town. Walk down to North Sands beach for a paddle on the sands and a coffee at the Winking Prawn cafe - or of course the obligatory ice-cream. Stroll into Salcombe to browse the shops and take the ferry to the beaches at East Portlemouth. Spend an evening at the Ferry Inn overlooking the water, or have a cosy meal at one of the many restaurants. Wander along the coast path to Sharpitor and Bolt Head. All within reach of the house without having to jump in the car if you don't want to.
Top Traveller Review
Lovely family home, great location
About the Owner
Our family has had links with Salcombe for 4 generations. Our parents and grandparents were frequent visitors, firstly drawn by the sailing and then became resident in their later years. Nick and I have have had holidays here since we were young, and now I and my family are living in the South Hams.
Guestbook comments from the owner
Review #6022741 "Beadon Road, Salcombe"
We had a great stay in this house - the location is really handy for the town in one direction, and in the other, a beach within walking distance down a vehicleless track. The kids soon found the walk back up the hill quite easy - even with body boards! Salcombe itself is lovely, and there was loads going on as it was Regatta week - the fireworks were particularly amazing. We didn't really have time to do everything we wanted - but we've got some good ideas for next time. The house was lovely to stay in, and very practical with the kids as there is a lot of space - inside and out. It was well equipped, clean and very comfortable, and we particularly enjoyed lazing around in the conservatory when the weather wasn't being particularly summery. The owner was very good at making us feel welcome and giving us advice about good places to go. All in all, I'd thoroughly recommend it - especially if you have beach-loving children!
1 holidaymaker review
Lovely family home, great location
We had a lovely week. The house is very comfortable and feels like a real family home. It's a great location for exploring Salcombe and surrounding area. Liz was very helpful.
From the Owner
“This property has so many practical things about it. It is close to both the town and the beach, but in a quiet area of Salcombe. There is plenty of space and easy parking.”
Activity and Interests
A fifteen minute gentle stroll to North Sands beach along a right of way, or a few minutes drive along the valley. Other parts of the estuary around Salcombe are a similar distance away.
The town centre of Salcombe is less than a kilometre away and has various shops, restaurants and services. The market town of Kingsbridge is 5 miles away and has supermarkets and a wide selection of independant shops.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Additional pricing information
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£100|
Reservations can be held for a week until a deposit of £150 is received. The balance is due 8 weeks before the start of your holiday. A £100 returnable security deposit is required. Out of school holidays there are reduced occupancy rates, please ask.
Changeover is normally on a Saturday, but we are flexible when bookings allow.
Notes on prices:
Please call or email for prices for short breaks and last minute bookings. Out of school holidays there are reduced occupancy rates, please ask.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- children welcome
- pets considered
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Upstairs bathroom with bath, basin and WC and downstairs shower room with shower enclosure, basin and WC
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Large light master double bedroom, comfortable twin room and two good sized singles.
- Notes on accommodation: Solar water heating gives eco friendly hot water on sunny and even not so sunny days. Outside: The garden is mostly lawn and gently sloping. There is a sunny patio which is west facing for the afternoon sun, and a second slightly shadier paved area. The patio has space for table and chairs for all guests. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Please bring your own towels and linen or let us know if you would like us to arrange a linen service for you (extra charge). Other: Dining room which opens onto conservatory. Large extending dining table.