Apartment in Tavira, Eastern Algarve, Portugal - Situated In A Quiet Residential Area 10 Minute Walk To Tavira Town Centre
Modern, well equipped, top floor, two bedroom apartment situated in a quiet residential area a short walk from Tavira town centre. The apartment provides an ideal base to enjoy and explore the many charms of Tavira and the beautiful unspoilt White sandy beaches in the surrounding area. The apartment has the benefit of two large sun terraces, front and back, enabling sunshine to be enjoyed all day long. The large glass sliding patio doors in the lounge and bedrooms give the apartment a lovely light and bright feel to it with views towards the sea at the front and up to the hills at the back. Tavira town centre is a short 10 minute walk away with the train station and Lidl supermarket a 5 minute walk. Tavira Health centre is situated at the end of he the street and the new Shopping Mall is a 5 minute drive away. The airport and Faro is a 25 minute drive and Spain can be reached within 30 minutes. The apartment is well situated and equipped for an enjoyable holiday in the East Algarve.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
My wife and i live and work in England. We have three grown up children and a cat called Victor. We first came across Tavira 9 years ago following a work collegues recommendation, and have had many memorable holidays and good times there. We love a beach holiday, and Tavira with its surrounding areas provide plenty of options for sunbathing. We also like to travel and have used the apartment as a base to explore into Spain visiting the likes of Sevilla and down to Gibralter. We have also travelled North up to Lisbon and Porto and all along the Algarve coast up to Sagres.
1 holidaymaker review
Good standard of accommodation with two balconies giving sun opportunities both in the morning and afternoon, in a quiet location but only ten minutes walk from the centre of the town. Would have preferred a dish washer instead of the second fridge and bathrooms would benefit from heated towel rails and extra extraction in the en-suite. Otherwise very well equipped and a pleasure to stay in.
From the Owner
“We looked at numerous properties in and around Tavira before we came across this one, and for us it ticked all the boxes. Tavira is a short drive from Faro airport, the apartment is situated in a quiet residential location close to all amenities. It is within walking distance to the town centre, railway station and supermarkets. The many beaches are easily accessed all of which offer white sand, clear waters and cafe, bar and restaurant facilities. The picturesque town centre of Tavira is full of history with its many churches and traditional buildings and family run bars, cafe's, shops and restaurants. Throughout the year Tavira offers a wide range of things to do and see, festivals, markets and music events to suit all tastes are held in the town centre,”
Activity and Interests
The main beach of Ilha de Tavira can be accessed by ferry from the centre of town which is a 10 minute walk or short drive away. The small fishing village of Santa Luzia is a 5 minute drive away and also has a ferry service(seasonal) to its beach. A little further on is Pedras Del Rei where access to the Barril beach can be made by a trip on a small rickity train or a pleasant walk across the Rio Formosa. Cabannas, Altura, Manta Rota and Prai Verde are all nearby beaches well worth a visit.
Car hire is recommended although not essential. Faro airport is a 25 minute drive from Tavira. Alternatively, Tavira can be reached from the airport by a short taxi or bus trip to Faro train station where there is an hourly service along to Tavira (check timetable). Bicycles can hired from a number of outlets in Tavira town centre.
Tavira town centre is a 10 minute walk or short car trip from the apartment. The ferry to the Ihla de Tavira departs from the river in the town centre. There are numerous beaches along the coast each side of Tavira that are easily accessed. The border to Spain is a 25 minute drive and the majority of the other Algarve resorts can be easily accessed off the motorway within an hours drive.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Oct 2016 - 31 May 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Please contact our agent/manager Ana Avo, for full details on booking, and further information about the apartment. All bookings and payments are made through her. Ana can be mailed at email@example.com or called 00351 961952148.
Please contact our Agent/Manager Ana Avo for further details.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The apartment and Tavira are easily reached by car or train from Faro airport. It would benifit those who wish not to be on an apartment complex but still wish to be close to all amenities. It would best suit those with a car as all the local beaches, towns and surrounding ares are easily accessed. The train service however, is very good with trains running along the East Algarve every hour. Whatever your taste of food, Tavira offers a wide choice, from snack bars to serious dining. If however you enjoy cooking in, fresh fish from the local market can be cooked in the well equipped kitchen or on the barbacue on the terrace. The two terraces with sunbeds, tables and chairs, enable you to enjoy sunshine all day. There are a number of golf courses easily reached with a short car drive.”
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible ...
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- En-suite shower room to bedroom 1 with walk in shower, sink unit, wc, and bidet. Main bathroom with jacuzzi bath, shower over, wc and sink unit.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 5 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed, large built in wardrobes, en-suite shower room, patio doors to terrace. Bedroom 2 with two single beds, large built in wardrobes, patio doors to terrace. Sofa bed in lounge for 5th person if needed.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: The apartment has two good sized bedrooms both have floor to wall built in wardrobes and large glass patio doors to the rear terrace. The main bedroom has a king size bed, and an en-suite shower room. The second bedroom has two single beds and is next to the main bathroom which has a jacuzzi bath and a shower over. The well equipped kitchen like the bedrooms is entered from the hallway as is the lounge/dining area. The lounge has two sofas one of which provides a bed if needed for a 5th person. The lounge has a TV with cable channels, CD/DVD player with surround sound and there is internet access in the apartment. The dining area has a good sized table with 6 chairs. There are two large glass patio door units leading out to the front terrace which has a table and chairs with parasol and barbacue. The rear terrace has a table and chairs with parasol and sunbeds also. The apartment is accessed through a glass entrance door where the lift and stairs up to the apartment are situated. Outside: The two terraces are well equipped with tables and chairs with parasols, sunbeds and a barbacue. There are water taps and electric points on each terrace with ample lighting for the evenings. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen are provided, the apartment is cleaned at the end of the stay. Please contact our manager for full details. Other: Hallway - Entrance hallway with cleaning cupboard.