Villas in Almyrida (Almirida) near Chania, Crete, Greek Islands - Peaceful Countryside Location, 4 Villas Within A Gated And Fenced Private Olive Grove
Perfect accommodation for large family groups, friends reunited and wedding guests! Why stay in an impersonal hotel when all of your group can be together in 4 large villas in our huge private olive grove! Beach and restaurants only 20 minute walk, (3 minutes by car) and the nearest village is only 1 km to the centre. Booked together as a single group you have exclusive use of the olive grove and all facilities. This is a great time for weddings and group gatherings as the prices from low cost airlines such as Ryanair are typically around £120 return (UK airports to Chania).
There is NOWHERE ELSE in this area that offers similar exclusive villa accommodation in a private olive grove. You might be able to find a few villas together in a village, but they are unlikely to be exclusive and you certainly won't have 17,000 square metres of space to play in (equivalent to 4 Premiership football pitches).
We can accommodate a maximum of 32 guests in various combinations in our 4 villas, but don't be shy to ask about fewer numbers. You don't have to rent all 4, you can have 2 or 3 if you wish. Pricing is according to occupancy and the time of year so please contact us for a quote.
Our guests often comment that our villas are in the perfect location: within walking distance from two villages, close enough to enjoy their facilities but not too close to be disturbed by barking dogs, crowing cockerels and noisy human nightlife that happens in any and every Cretan village or town. The olive grove is secure, being fenced and hedged by colourful oleander, and surrounded by olive trees. It is the perfect base to explore the picturesque Apokoronas area on foot or by car, with its tiny white hamlets nestled on green mountainsides. Apokoronas is a designated area of natural beauty, protected in a similar way to a UK National Park. At all times there are breath-taking views of the White Mountains which are snowcapped until late May. Literally on your doorstep there are numerous foot-trails through this most spectacular area of Crete, a genuine walker’s paradise.
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the manager
Gorgeous restful villa set in backdrop of stunning olive grove. Absolutely wonderful week - and I advise to book 2 - this is just a fantastic place to spend time retreating from the busy world and relaxing fully with a view to envy. Congrats to Basil Olive Grove for offering competitive prices but not compromising quality.
Steve August 13
Villa in peaceful location amongst olive groves. This very nice villa was exactly as advertised. It is set in a secluded location but near enough to a local village and seaside town. We had very young children but the gated swimming pool makes it safe. The views from the upstairs bedrooms are superb.
Mark July 2013
Just spent a week in this villa and had a thoroughly enjoyable and relaxing stay. The accommodation was very clean and well maintained, with ample space and air conditioning in all rooms. Having your own pool is a great bonus and we made the most of this every day after a morning's exploring.
Natalie July 13
Activity and Interests
Almyrida Village just 2 km away (3 minutes by car, or half an hour walk) with safe, sandy beaches and great places to eat. Here is a quiet seaside resort far from the bustle of the major tourist destinations. It is the ideal choice for families with children because there is an organised beach plus shops, restaurants and an ATM. There are two sandy beaches with umbrellas & loungers for hire, plus a lifeguard. The beaches and the sea are awarded a Blue Flag every year, demonstrating they are clean and that the beach provides the necessary safety features and visitor facilities – such as free showers at various points on the seafront. The sea is quite shallow, making it ideal for small children. The eastern end of the beach has sheltered, warm waters perfect for inquisitive youngsters who like to play near the shore chasing small shoals of fish and tiny hermit crabs, or amuse themselves by building sandcastles. Very close by, and directly overlooking the beach, is a variety of family-owned tavernas where dads and mums can de-stress in the shade with a cool glass of wine while keeping an eye on the kids playing nearby. Also on the beach, there is a windsurfing school with canoes and pedalos for hire and numerous boat trips available around the coast. For the slightly more adventurous, there is a diving school where beginners can try scuba diving – and for those with PADI qualifications, a visit to the famous underwater elephant cave is to be recommended. This coastline of Crete has the best and most impressive diving in the whole of Greece.
Gavalochory – the picturesque village with 1000 years of history. Inland, just a kilometre from the villa, is the traditional village of Gavalochory. This is a large village with particularly interesting and well-preserved folk architecture. There is an excellent folklore museum, revealing the history and the culture of the village. And don’t miss the Roman Wells just outside the village, a remarkable place of sunken wells where locals scollected water in ancient times. Shops include several minimarkets and a bakery. There are four tavernas – all of which offer excellent traditional Cretan cuisine.
Chania Town – 22 km away. Chania (pronounced Ha-nya) is famous for its beautiful Venetian (Italian architecture) harbour, with narrow winding cobbled streets that is every shopper's paradise, with a multitude of boutiques and jewellery vendors plus several markets. Sit at one of the many fine quayside tavernas and watch the world go by before taking a boat trip where you can go snorkelling around sheltered sandy bays of uninhabited islands. There is also the submerged wreck of a WW2 German Bomber to explore.
A good place to spend a morning is in the Maritime Museum of Crete – a multi-floor local museum full of models, graphics, memorabilia, costumes and military artefacts plus some educational video. It covers the time from ancient Minoan era to near present day and includes the famous Battle of Crete. A ‘must-see’ for anyone interested in WW2 history.
Other things to see and do
• Water Park at Limnoupolis (40 minute drive). Lots of slides providing varying levels of thrills and fun. Free sunbeds, good pools and an artificial ‘river’ where you can lie in a big rubber ring and gently float around the park.
• The Botannical Gardens of Crete (18 km south of Chania, 40 minute drive). A huge, colourful park full of fruit trees, herbs, medicinal and ornamental plants from all over the world - the perfect microclimate for hundreds of plants and animals. In the midst of this vivid landscape stands a burnt centennial olive tree, a memorial and a reference to the terrible fires of 2003, the park’s history and origin. The dramatic scenery here is composed of rare samples of the local flora and fauna, as well as tropical and subtropical species with new samples added regularly. There is a lake with ducks, geese and other water birds and rare species, even hawks that fly in the area. The park also has an open-air, stone atmospheric amphitheatre suitable for small (capacity for approximately 250 persons) events.
• Allied and German War Cemeteries on the outskirts of Chania (20 minute drive)
• The Samaria Gorge (1 hour drive) – at 16 km, one of the longest gorges in Europe. Open most days in the holiday season, but be prepared for a challenge.
• The Imbros Gorge (30 minute drive) – a little easier than Samaria, but still a good 8 km hike through sheer sided cliffs. Very pretty, so bring your camera. And plenty of bottled water.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
2016 Prices SEE NOTES
26 Mar 2016 - 14 Nov 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
2017 Prices SEE NOTES
28 Mar 2017 - 31 Oct 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
PLEASE CONTACT US FOR PRICES! Prices are based on occupancy as well as the time of year, so it is impossible for us to upload accurate pricing information on Owners Direct as there are so many possible variations
Manager's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible ...
- autumn foliage
- botanical garden
- water parks
- winery tours
- bird watching
- eco tourism
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- mountain biking
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 4 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 3 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 4 - Shower Enclosure
- Each villa has 2 bath/shower rooms.
- 16 Bedrooms, Sleeps 32
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Bedroom 6
- Bedroom 13
- Bedroom 14
- Bedroom 15
- Bedroom 16
- Bedroom 7
- Bedroom 8
- Bedroom 9
- Bedroom 10
- Bedroom 11
- Bedroom 12
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps up to 32 (16 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: 16 bedrooms in total. Each villa has 4 bedrooms: 2 doubles, 2 twins.
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: The 4 villas are located within the same grounds and are rented together for private groups of up to 32 people. (If you group is larger than this, we have other villas available nearby.) Outside: The villas are located in our private 'Saint Basil Olive Grove', so named after the location 'Agios Vasilis' which literally means 'Saint Basil'. The villas nestle within our 200 olive trees and there a great deal of open space surrounding each villa, with pathways linking them. There is a row of lemon and orange trees by Villa Selene, and all guests may pick fruit from these trees. Each villa has its own private swimming pool so there are 4 in total for guests to use. Each villa also has a private BBQ. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and bedlinen included. Sheets changes 2 times a week.