Cottage in Salthouse, Nr. Holt, North Norfolk, England - Peaceful Stunning Picturesque Location Five Minutes From Beach And Amenities Of Salthouse Village
Chapelmarsh circa 1836, formerly a chapel, and sympathetically newly refurbished to a boutique high-end deluxe spec by it current owners, former multi-award winning hoteliers, is set in an elevated position overlooking the famous (AONB) bird watching nature reserve and the beautifully scenic north norfolk coast. Peacefully tucked-away yet moments from all the amenities of Salthouse village, fabulous attractions of North Norfolk: Bird-watchers, walkers, boating, beaches, biking, seal-trips, golfing, National Trust, fabulous shopping in Holt and Burhnam Market, and picturesque harbours. This very special place imbued with the owners' trademark attention to detail, has literally everything to offer the discerning guest - so much so they will want to return time and time again. The dramatic main room comprising of the kitchen, dining area and lounge, second bedroom, charming entrance courtyard, sun terrace and enclosed garden all afford spectacular sea views. Parking x 2 cars.
Top Traveller Review
Lovely February getaway
About the Owner
Former international fashion designer, and multi-awarded winning hotelier. Currently I run three highly successful holiday cottages with my partner on the North Norfolk coast. Author of bestseller: 'Samphire Coast'
Guestbook comments from the owner
Beautifully appointed, luxuriously and stylishly decorated with gorgeous gardens and outstanding sea views. The perfect holiday cottage within walking distance to beach and local amenities, yet so peaceful and idyllic! Five stars!
1 holidaymaker review
Lovely February getaway
This cottage was a really good find, very clean, warm and cosy with great extras such as fresh lilies, chocolates and a bottle of wine. We would certainly recommend Chapelmarsh and has the added bonus of sea views.
From the Owner
“Great period building in a stunningly picturesque location overlooking the famous bird watching nature reserve to the sea. Peacefully located yet a short 5-minute stroll to the beach and all the amenities of Salthouse Village. Nearby are all the fabulous attractions that North Norfolk has to offer. This locale is famed for it's hauntingly scenic, wild beauty, it's no wonder artists, writers, and filmmakers flock to this part of the North Norfolk coast.”
Activity and Interests
Approx 5 minutes walk to the beach and coast.
Norwich Airport approx 1 hour away (35 miles)
Wells Next-The-Sea, Cley, Blakeney, Holt, Weybourne, Sheringham and Cromer are all nearby. Including Burnham Market and Walsingham considered Englands's Lourdes.
Holt,Cley, and Blakeney harbour are within a matter of a few miles. Spectacular Holkham Hall and Holkham Beach is about 10-15 minutes drive.
Cley Nature Reserve centre is appox one mile away.
Holt is 4 miles away,
Blakeney 2 miles
Cromer about 8-10 miles down the coast
The fine Georgian town of Holt four miles away has a superb range of delis, eateries, tea-rooms, boutiques, antique centres, art galleries, post office,banks and supermarket.
Salthouse has a fine gastro-pub, well-stocked village shop, nationally renowned 'Cookies Fish Bar' and of course it's own beach.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
14 Oct 2016 - 27 Oct 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
20 Dec 2016 - 2 Jan 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Additional pricing information
Bookings can be taken over the phone or by email with the dates initially reserved awaiting 25% deposit required either by BACS or CHAPS direct bank transfer or by cheque to be received no later than 3 days after reservation. Surcharge for Dogs: £25.00 for duration of stay!
The balance will become due no later than 4 weeks prior arrival.
Please send cheques to R. Greenfield. Riverside, 31 Wells Road, Stiffkey, N.Norfolk NR23 1QH.
Friday/7 night visits in high season
Arrival 3pm onwards. Departure by 10. 00-10. 30am.
Notes on prices:
PER WEEK: £604 - £940
25% of the booking fee is due on confirmation of the reservation to reserve dates.The balance must be paid up to four weeks prior arrival or we will consider the booking cancelled by the customer!
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Chapelmarsh contains a wealth of period features, including an original stained-glass panel, which we restored during our renovation in 2012. We offer a truly high-spec accommodation with all the modern amenities necessary for a luxurious, wonderful stay, moreover the sea-views from the cottage are absolutely breathtaking! Many of my interiors have featured in magazines, and combined with our experience of running a former multi-award winning boutique establishment dubbed the 'Best B&B in England' over a number of years, so subsequently, we know what will appeal to the discerning visitor. Attention to detail is paramount! Something really special that makes our holiday cottages stand out from the rest, and a place where you will want to return time and time again!”
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable
- non smoking only
- not suitable for children
- pets considered
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Gorgeous deluxe large period master en-suite bathroom, Victorian roll-top bath/mixer shower taps/sink/WC reminiscent of Grand London Victorian hotels. Towel rad Tasteful and stylish separate deluxe spacious walk-in shower-room/sink/WC for Bedroom 2.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Master bedroom en-suite. French Gothic King bed/ memory-foam mattress, and full HD Freeview flatscreen TV Bedroom 2. Double Scandinavian Sleigh Bed/memory-foam mattress, full HD Freeview flatcreen TV/ and spectacular sea views. Generous storage.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: Chapelmarsh is a real treasure of a property, with superb stylish interiors, wonderful original period features, oak-planked flooring, and authentic stained-glass dating back to it's origins as the earliest first primitive chapel in Salthouse, imbued with an eclectic mix of modernist and period/vintage furniture, antique kilim rugs, beautiful artworks, dramatic wall-art and wonderful artefacts altogether creating a truly unique, yet homely ambiance. Everything has been carefully considered for the discerning traveller, and combined with it's enviable, breathtaking setting, it genuinely has all the bases covered in terms of the perfect coastal retreat. Fresh flowers, fine wine, chocolates and deluxe toiletries are complimentary for every stay. Wi-Fi included Sorry no children under 13 years old. Dog friendly (one well-behaved dog only) Outside: Charming entrance courtyard, large sun-terrace and garden all with stunning sea-views. Garden furniture included. Utility Room: Utility Room: Washer-dryer, extra WC, and storage. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Fresh towels and clean Egyptian cotton linen included. All fresh on arrival. Changed on each turn-around. For 14 night or more bookings changed weekly. Other: Boot-room: Iron and ironing-board and airer, extra storage/coats etc, and local/guest information wall-rack filled with a plethora of brochures.