Apartment in Bansko, Bulgaria 2 bedrooms ( sleeps 6 ) - shops,all walking distance, ideal for families .Peaceful & Picturesque Location
Apartment is very close to all amenities.situated within a secure complex the apartment is set in enclosed grounds with security reception with seating and TV area, also well maintained gardens and childrens play area.The apartment is well furnished & on the 3rd floor (lifts in building )with a balcony overlooking the wonderful Pirin mountains.This apartment is ideal for both winter sports enthusiasts,ski-ers of all levels,spa users,then in the summer months- golfers,walkers,biking,hiking,canoeing & spas all being close by.There is an abundance of restaurants & bars offering all types of cuisine from Bulgarian,Italian,Greek to fast foods, everyones palates are catered for.In the village you will find supermarkets,pharmacy,shops, street market.Tennis & horse riding all in close proximity.
About the Owner
About Beverley Formisano
We are a family of 5,with 3 grown up children who all enjoy skiing and outdoor sports activities.
We wished to purchase an apartment in a ski resort to enjoy as a family.
We visited bansko when the building was just beginning & bought of plan.
We were attracted to this complex due to the close proximity to the ski slopes,gondola & all village amenities - as well as a secure complex, fully enclosed with main security reception area with seating & TV area, gardens & childrens play area.
It is maintained & furnished to a good standard.
Beverley Formisano purchased this apartment in 2009
Why Beverley Formisano chose Sofia area
We loved the area & the up & coming ski resort.It is ideal for all level of skiers with excellent nursery slopes and a good ski school with all level of instructors & ski guides.
Also for summer sports.
We went further afield and have tried some of the excellent spas in the outlying areas.
Bansko has so much to offer,there really is something to suit everyone in this wonderful picturesque area of Bulgaria.
The choice of restaurants suit all tastes & prices to suit all budgets.
What makes this apartment unique
Bansko is a charming old town and the Bulgarians are building on that with sympathy and respect using local slate stone & wood.
In our view ther is no better value for money ski holiday in Europe
From the Owner
“We loved the area & the up & coming ski resort.It is ideal for all level of skiers with excellent nursery slopes and a good ski school with all level of instructors & ski guides. Also for summer sports. We went further afield and have tried some of the excellent spas in the outlying areas. Bansko has so much to offer,there really is something to suit everyone in this wonderful picturesque area of Bulgaria. The choice of restaurants suit all tastes & prices to suit all budgets.”
Activity and Interests
The coast of Greece is only a few hours drive away making Bansko perfect for a 2 centre holiday - mountains & beach .......
Fly into Sofia airport (160km to Bansko approx. 2 1/2hrs )
There are transfer buses that meet the flights to transfer you from airport to Bansko or car hire, all these can be booked beforehand online.
would highly recommend the transfer bus if you are staying only in Bansko & not travelling about.
Bansko ski resort is situated in southwestern Bulgaria & is only 160km from Sofia in the foothills of one of the most beautiful Bulgarian mountains-Pirin which is a natural reserve & is included in the World Natural Heritage list.Bansko offers an interesting combination between the nature of the Pirin Mountain Range ,state of the art skiing facilities and the atmosphere of an ancient Bulgarian town.
The skiing conditions in Bansko are excellent.The Pirin mountains are Alpine in character with three peaks towering above 2900m.However the slopes offer runs & tracks for all types of skiers novice through to expert while the ski runs are maintained in excellent condition.
The town itself attracts visitors all year round with its 120 cultural monuments,nightlife & restaurants.
Surrounded by the Pirin,rila & Rhodope mountains,Bansko is a climatic mountain resort with a short summer and long winter.The average temp during Jan is -1.9c. Snow falls are abundant providing a constant winter snow cover up to 2m thick.The skiing season along the Pirin slopes starts in the middle of Dec and ends in mid April.
Although this is by no means a winter only resort in the summer Bansko offers excellent hiking,fishing,canoeing,biking,horse riding and many other warm weather mountain pursuits.
This is very much an all year round resort which all the family can enjoy.
Bansko has well stocked supermarkets with good locally grown produce, excellent meat & good restaurants offering local dishes ( which should be tried ),pizzas,pastas,tapas, right to a la carte, there are lots to choose from.
The spa at the Kempinski Hotel near the Gondola station is excellent and allow day passes to use the facilities there.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Check availability on calendar, then contact owner by email or telephone.
A £100 non refundable booking deposit per week is required to confirm booking.
Full payment by 6 weeks before arrival date. If booking less than 6 weeks before holiday due to start, full payment is required at booking.
Payment can be made by bank transfer or cheque.
There is also a £200 damage deposit which is returnable after inspection of property for any damage & return of keys.
Changeover days and times are flexible.
Arrival time from 3pm
Departure time 10am
From the Owner
“Bansko is a charming old town and the Bulgarians are building on that with sympathy and respect using local slate stone & wood. In our view ther is no better value for money ski holiday in Europe”
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Tiled en suite bathroom to bedroom 1 with shower,wc, wash hand basin & extractor fan. Tiled main bathroom with bath/shower over, wc and wash hand basin & extractor fan
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 :-master bedroom with double bed,bathroom en suite, fitted double wardrobe, chest of drawers, door onto balcony Bedroom 2 :- twin beds can be made into double, wardrobe, chest of drawers
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Max. occupancy: 6
- children welcome
- Notes on accommodation: Located close by the Gondola station within easy walking distance. A 10- 15 mins walk into the town centre. Shuttle services are available No smoking allowed in apartment Sorry no pets For youngsters there is a play area within safe, fenced & security entranced gardens Welcome food pack can be arranged with basics needed. Nice terrace to relax & unwind after a hectic day ski-ing or other activities. In the event that you experience any problems we have a local English speaking management of the property who will try & put everything right with just a phone call.They can also advise on where to visit,best restaurants,childrens activities etc etc. Outside: The complex has security entry so is perfectly safe for children. There are 3 blocks in the complex centred around landscaped gardens complete with a children’s play area. The apartment has large balcony with table & chairs for 6 people & picturesque views to mountains, Utility Room: Hoover , mop & bucket, ironing board & iron, brush & dustpan in cupboard Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All linen & towels are provided, the property is cleaned before arrival and after departure. If 2 week stay linen will be changed after 1st week. Please bring your own beach towels. Other: Large balcony from lounge & main bedroom with outdoor furniture.There is ample room in the entrance hall for coats , ski boots etc, storage unit in hall with coat rack & mirror.