Villa in Albufeira, Areias de São João, Central Algarve, Portugal - Peaceful Location, 5 Min Walk To Beach, Walking Distance To All Amenities, Local-giro Bus 20m
Upstairs balcony looks towards the ocean with snippets of the sea. Downstairs is a private enclosed garden with your private built in BBQ. The complex has a locked entrance, a motorized gate, so it is quite secure and very private. There is a large pool and shallower children´s pool and attractive extremely well maintained very spacious gardens all around, with a Tennis court. It takes 15 minutes to walk along the beach into the old town of Albufeira with its shops, bars and restaurants and fantastic night life. The famous Strip/Street of the Bars is 8 min walk. You do not need a car as the bus-Giro service is very good. There are plenty sightseeing tours available, car hire is available at the airport. There are wonderful beaches and villages along the coast. A short trip inland takes you to the old Algarve where life has not changed much for years. 4 min drive from Balaia Village Golf Course, 10 min to Salgados Golf Course and 20 min from all the courses at Vilamoura.
Top Traveller Review
Lovely, clean and spacious accommodation
About the Owner
5 based on 3 holidaymaker reviews
Lovely, clean and spacious accommodation
The house is exactly as it appears in the photos and feels even bigger! It was very clean and had everything we needed. The temperature during our stay was around 30 degrees but the house stayed cool, which was very welcome! The condominium is generally quiet and it is a short walk across to the pool, which was never busy. The location is ideal as it is away from the busy town centre one way and 'The Strip' the other way, where all the shops and restaurants are found. There are also some nice restaurants within short walking distance of the property. We hired a car, which we would recommend, as we were able to visit the moorish town of Silves inland and explore villages and other beaches along the coast, as well as spending a day at 'Slide and Splash'. The sand sculpture festival at Pera was well worth a look (but best to go in the evening as it was very hot!). Olhos d'Agua, just east of Albufeira has a lovely beach with the rock formations seen on all the postcards. Branca is a lovely host, answered any questions we had before travelling and was there to greet us on our arrival - we would definitely recommend this property!
This villa is exactly as described. Exceptionally clean and well maintained with everything that you need to ensure your comfort.
As soon as you walk in you get a lovely feeling of peace and tranquility.
The little touches such as fresh flowers in the living room add to this. The pool can be seen from the villa and is just a minute away if that.It was never busy and often we had the pool to ourselves for a swim.
The surrounding grounds full of flowers and trees are very well looked after.
You do not need a car as you can walk along the beach to Albuferia and the strip is just a few minutes away at the top of the road. There is a steep hill walking back from Albuferia but there is a little tourist train and buses near to the villa. The area around the villa is quiet and peaceful even though everything is close by.
Albuferia is a great place to go and the evenings are buzzing with lots of restaurants,bars,street entertainers and live music. There are wonderful beaches with water sports and quieter little coves for sunbathing.
I cannot say enough about the wonderful Branca, one of the nicest people you could ever wish to meet.
She was there to help us, taking us to do a big shop for food and showing us around the local area on our arrival. She did everything that she could to make sure that we enjoyed our holiday but she was never intrusive.We had a fantastic holiday in this villa leaving us with lovely memories. We have already booked for next year and can't wait to be back there.
Great Accommodation/Great Holiday
The villa is exactly as described and the photo's really don't do it justice. All details were correct and the villa is ideally located. The villa was clean on our arrival and very well maintained. We stayed for two weeks and the property was cleaned on the middle Saturday.
The owner, Branca, lives within the condominium and was brilliant. She is very friendly and attentive without being at all intrusive. We had regular contact before our holiday and Branca happily answered any questions we had. She met us on our arrival and made it clear that we only had to ask if we wanted anything.
We hired a car as we wanted to visit several places outside Albufeira but it's not really necessary if you want to stay local. The Strip is a five minute walk and the old town is about a 25 minute walk away, but there is a very steep hill on the way back. If you don't fancy the walk there is a tourist train stop nearby and the taxi fare is about 5 euros.
Despite it's proximity to everything it is not noisy and gives a feeling of seclusion.
I would recommend this villa to anyone who wants comfortable accommodation that is very convenient for entertainment, good food and the beach.
We would definitely go back if we were holidaying in Portugal and my main worry is that the villa will become so popular that I won't be able to get a reservation.
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
For those of you who like a bargain, there are loads of markets to visit, just don’t forget to haggle!
Albufeira - Market days: 1st and 3rd Tuesday every month
Almancil - Market days: 1st and 4th Sunday every month
Lagoa - Market days: 2nd Sunday every month except July and August
Loulé - Market days: every Saturday. Very popular, busy market within and around the market hall in the centre.
Monchique - Market days: 2nd Friday every month
Portimão -Market days: 1st Monday every month
Quarteira - (Also known as the Gypsy Market) - Market days: every Wednesday. One of the busiest weekly markets of the Algarve.
Sagres - Market days: 1st Friday every month
The nearest beach is Forte de Sao Joao, 5 minutes quiet walk away. Long sandy beach with rocks and cliffs behind-you can walk one way to the old town of Albufeira and the other way is a stunning cliff walk to Oura Beach. Quaint/small Aveiros beach (8 min walk)There are countless beautiful other beaches-nearby are Arrifes, São Rafael, Coelha, Castelo, Evaristo, Manuel Lourenço, and Galé to the West with Aveiros, Oura and Santa Eulália to the East.
Faro is the nearest airport to Albufeira and is a 40 min drive from the villa. Car hire is available and can usually be booked with your flight or from the airport. Alternatively you can hire a taxi or transfer for your airport journeys - it is not essential to have a car whilst staying at Vilas Marisol. The local bus service (Giro & EVA) is very good too.
Albufeira is in the very middle of the Algarve, so it is convenient for visiting all the other towns, villages, beaches and places of interest. It is about 2 hours by road to Lisbon and also 2 hours to Seville in Spain. Albufeira is 1 hour by road from the Spanish border. There are plenty of coach trips on offer - these are excellent and good value for money. A variety of scenic (Caves & Coastline) and Dolphin boat trips as well as Para-Sailing are on offer from the Marina of Albufeira.
Vilas Marisol, are within walking distance from a bakery, small supermarket, restaurants and night life. The larger supermarkets are only a 10min walk away, as are more shops, banks etc.The "Old Albufeira Town" is a 7min walk along the beach of Forte de São João. The famous "Strip" is a 4min walk away. Aveiros Beach, a quaint and very secluded Beach is only a 7min walk away.
There is a fruit and fish market in Albufeira. The Gypsy market in Albufeira is monthly. There is a popular gypsy market in Quarteira every Wednesday. All the towns in the Algarve have regular markets and you can find unusual bargains as well as Portuguese pottery and leather goods at excellent prices.
Just outside Albufeira is Algarve Shopping (15 min by car), a large shopping mall with lots of quality shops, restaurants and a multi screen cinema. The Algarve beaches offer every type of watersport - surfing, windsurfing, water skiing, jet ski, fishing to name but a few. There are tennis courts in the Complex. Balaia golf is only 4 min drive away. Salgados Golf only 8min drive away in Galé.There are a lot of waterparks, like Slide & Splash, Aqualand & Zoo Marine for the children and parents to enjoy as a family, within a 20min drive. Scuba-Diving, Snorkelling, Reef Fishing, Dophin searches, Caves and Coastline Boat Tours can be found at the Marina of Albufeira, within a 6 minute drive.Vilamoura with all its top golfcourses is only a 25min drive away.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
At time of booking we require a 20% non-refundable deposit and the balance payable 8 weeks before your holiday. We accept direct bank transfers to our Portuguese Bank Account.
We prefer Saturday changeover days, but are prepared to be flexible. Please be prepared to leave the villa by 11am on your departure day and to arrive any time after 4pm on the first day.
Notes on prices:
Wi-fi access @ €10-00 per week.
Manager's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
- Air Conditioning
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- children welcome
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- near the sea
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- En-suite on the 1st floor has shower, WC, bidet and basin. The modern communal bathroom on 1st floor, bath with shower over, wash basin, bidet and WC. Downstairs there is a cloakroom with WC, wash basin and shower.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Main bedroom has double bed, with varanda with great views, with TV. 2nd double bedroom has 2 single beds, great views. Both bedrooms have wardrobes, drawers & bedside tables, lampshades and air-conditioning. "Double" Sleeper-Couch in the Lounge.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: "Villa "Férias" is a 2 bedroom, 3 bathroom villa, in the complex Vilas Marisol;it is a spacious two leveled Vila, with beautiful Decor and quality furniture, for comfort and style. It is a Vila always flooded in light, even with closed shutters because of its interior garden. The modern fully fitted kitchen has the very latest appliances with granite work tops. This villa was tastefully decorated with quality furniture throughout. It is situated within spacious manicured attractive communal gardens, which are well maintained with shared pool which includes a shallow children´s side, with its own tennis court too. The villa has its own small enclosed private garden with built in BBQ for close family meals and sun downers. This private enclosed garden has a table and 6 chairs for outdoor meals, sunbeds, and a parasol for the garden or pool side. The large pool is facing south surrounded by lush flower gardens with outside shower & WC, the tennis court is close by. Private carport. Outside: Vila "Férias", in the Vilas Marisol Complex, is situated within attractive manicured spacious communal gardens which are well maintained. Vila "Férias" has its own small private garden with BBQ. This private garden has a table and 6 chairs for outdoor meals, sunbeds, and a parasol for the garden or pool side use. The large communal/shared pool is at the back of the house, facing south, with a shallower, children´s pool. The tennis court is well maintained and is also found in these massive well manicured gardens. Lots of space for the children to ride bicycles, run, play and enjoy. The carport is in front of the house with a smaller private garden at the entrance. Spacious Complex within walking distance to all amenities & a variety of night life. Enclosed secure complex with motorized gate.Tranquil and peaceful, yet walking distance to restaurants, bars, bus, post-office, beaches etc.Vila "Férias" has exceptionally quality furnishings, beautiful Decor, in a tranquil, peaceful setting. Utility Room: Ironing board & iron, bucket and mop, broom etc. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All linen, except beach towels, are included in the rental price. The linen is changed weekly and the villa is also cleaned once a week. A middle weekly clean can be organized at an extra cost. Other: Interior Garden, with an open roof, to view the bright starlit skies, on warm summer nights in Albufeira...During the day, the house is always full of light, due to this interior patio/garden...