Cottages in Blairingone, Dollar, Nr. Stirling, Clackmannanshire, Central Scotland
Arndean Cottages is located at Mains of Blairingone, Dollar, Clackmannanshire in Central Scotland in the UK. Ochil Cottage sleeps 8 persons, is a two story layout and has recently been refurbished. It has a large living room, a spacious modern fitted kitchen/dining room (as both of the cottages are self catering) and WC all located on the ground floor. On the first floor there are four bedrooms and two bathrooms. Blashie Cottage sleeps 6 persons. It was a single story barn but has recently been converted and refurbished. There is a living room and a fully fitted kitchen/dining room (as both of the cottages are self catering). There are three bedrooms and one bathroom.
Details for holiday cottage Ochil Cottage (Sleeps 8, 4 Bedrooms), 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, 2 Bathrooms
This old barn has been recently converted into a 2 storey cottage and refurbished to the highest standards. It has a large living room with open fire and a spacious modern fitted kitchen/dining room with door to terrace and garden. There is a utility room and WC on the ground floor. On the first floor there are four bedrooms: two twin bedded rooms and two double (one of which can become a twin bedded room. Two bathrooms/WC, one with a bath/shower attachment and one with over-bath shower.
•Bed linen and towels, Cot and high chair
•Colour TV and DVD, CD/cassette/radio
•Dish washer, Washing machine/dryer, combination microwave
•Electric 4 ring hob with oven and grill, Fridge/freezer
•Electrical heating (metered) and logs for the open fires
•Information about the local area
•Off road parking
•Outside security lighting
•Outside terrace and garden with garden furniture
•Shared use of a games room (with table tennis table, football game and darts board)
About the Owner
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
- There are many lochs, rivers and fisheries in the locality. The River Devon flows through the Estate and trout fishing can be booked through the farm office. Excellent trout fishing is available on Loch Leven and there is the very best salmon fishing within 30 minutes drive.
- In season, shooting can be arranged on the Estate or in the local area.
- The Ochil Hills run for 20 miles from Stirling in the West to Muckhart in the East and rise to over 2,300 feet with stunning views of Central Scotland and the Highlands.
- The local paragliding centre is in Menstrie, 5 miles, and instruction is available for all ages and levels of ability.
- There are 3 riding schools within 2 miles of the cottages
Off Road Driving
- The Scottish off Road Driving Centre is near Gateside, 15 miles away.
The nearest shops are in Dollar, 2 miles away. There is a designer outlet at Tillicoultry (4 miles) with Edinburgh and Perth within easy driving range. The House of Bruar is 45 miles to the North.
There are two excellent restaurants within 3 miles and six within 10 miles. There is an excellent pub in Dollar and Muckhart (2 miles) and two take-away restaurants in Dollar.
Arndean Cottages are situated 2 miles to the east of Dollar and 500 metres to the North of the village of Blairingone in the Ochil Valley. The Highlands, Loch Lomond, Edinburgh, and Glasgow are less than an hour away with Stirling and Perth only 30 minutes by car. The view from the cottages is stunning with views down the Ochil Valley to the Trossachs, 40 miles away.
- Within 30 minutes are Stirling Castle, Wallace Monument, Bannockburn Battlefield, Alloa Tower, Castle Campbell, Kinross House and gardens, Loch Leven with boat trips to the island, Falkland Palace and Scone Palace.
- Blair Drummond Safari Park, near Stirling and Deep Sea World at North Queensferry
- Booking Notes:
Please contact owner.
Please contact owner.
- Available arrival
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...