Villa in Dalyan, Aegean Region, Turkey - Quiet Location, 5-8 Mins To Restaurants, Bars & Harbour; Boat & Bus Trips To Beach, Lake & Mud Baths
This spacious, detached villa (built in 2008) with private pool and tropical walled garden is nestled in the quiet, sought after Maras Mah area of Dalyan. Close to the meandering Dalyan river and surrounded by stunning mountains rich in bird life. Many family run restaurants & bars are nearby including fish restaurants on the river. Wonderful views of the famous ancient Lycian Royal Tombs are illuminated at night. Must-do reasonably priced boat & bus trips to the beautiful world renowned Iztuzu turtle beach & sanctuary; also to the mud baths or across the lake to Koycegiz village on market day, are unmissable experiences. Plenty to do and see in Dalyan for all ages including a lively night-life for the young at heart. Local markets in the village & surrounding area are an enjoyable experience with many local bargains to be negotiated. The Villa is only 30 minutes from Dalaman International Airport and Airport transfers/Meet & Greet are easily arranged at reasonable cost, via ourselves.
About the Owner
Ron & Aileen are your hosts, we built the villa in 2008 after falling love with Dalyan whilst on holiday. We have 2 grown children & we are now retired. Ron spent many years working world wide in the oil industry & in neighbouring Azerbaijan alongside many Turkish engineers who introduced us to this wonderful area. Aileen is Canadian & Ron British, we live in Edinburgh, Scotland, but spend as much time in Dalyan as possible, our family & friends take every opportunity to visit this wonderful place, a little corner of paradise. Over the years we have worked to make Granstone a "Home from Home" with everything we would wish to find in a home provided for your enjoyment.
Guestbook comments from the owner
Our villa is our "Home from Home" we hope our guests enjoy what we believe to be a small corner of paradise. We have been very fortunate to have had 100% positive feed back from our previous guests & a number of return bookings. An example of the comments are:- 'Fantastic holiday; what a wonderful spot; the villa is the best equipped holiday home we have been to; definitely coming back'. An e-mail received from The Hak-Burger family after a holiday in July reads as follows: "Dear Ron and Aileen. We just loved everything about your wonderful house and garden! It was a fantastic home away from home! Thank you very much for having us, we would love to return some day. Best regards, Hanneke and family of 5" A Visitors book is left open for your reference and comments.
From the Owner
“Whilst holidaying in Turkey we were smitten with Dalyan & the world renouned 6km Iztuzu turtle beach, the meandering Dalyan river and Koycegiz lake. You may choose to holiday by a beach, lakes, mountains, ancient archaeological sites or areas of natural beauty. Dalyan has all these in one location, with the benefit of being close to the International airport & easy transport links to many tourist destinations. Mix this with fantastic restuarants, nearby village night life, then Dalyan is the ideal holiday location.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Local Excursions & activities such as boat trips, Local Safaris, bicycle tours, white water rafting & bus trips to the many tourist destinations & archaeological sites by our agents & local contacts.
The internationally renowned, 6km long, silver sand turtle beach (Iztuzu beach) on The Mediterranean is a delightful 30 minute river boat ride from Dalyan harbour or a slightly longer bus ride from the village centre through the mountains and down to the far end of the beach where the Turtle Sanctuary is located. This environmentally protected beach is one of only a few nesting grounds for the giant Loggerhead turtles. Changing rooms, toilets and covered beach cafes at both ends of the beach.
Dalyan is a small village on a meandering river between Koycegiz lake and Iztuzu beach on The Med. Nearest airport is Dalaman International Airport only 30 mins drive away. A reasonably priced pick-up and drop-off Transfer service is easily arranged via ourselves. Car hires are not essential to access the village, however readily available from our agents. Frequent inexpensive river boat trips to beach and lake & mini-buses are available from the village to tour the mountains and wider area.
An easy stroll (1km) to the village centre, bus depot, and 'river boats' for trips to the beach, lake, mud baths and surrounding areas. Local buses leave every 15 mins to Ortaga 11km, Dalaman 35km, Gocek marina 45km, and other coastal resorts. Day trips can be organized from the bus depot or local private holiday companies. A visit to the famous ancient Kaunos ruins & Lycian tombs is only a short row boat ride across the river & easy 15 min walk, not to be missed.
When we first visited the area 7 years ago we immediately fell in love with this wonderful village & the friendly welcoming people. Many have said that Dalyan is a little corner of paradise, it would be hard to disagree. It is surrounded by beautiful mountains, wonderful lake with outstanding flora & forna, ancient Roman archaeological sites & Lycian tombs not to mention the world renowned Turtle beach. The village has all necessary amenities, post office, Bank, numerous ATM's, shops, supermarkets & traditional Saturday market where great fun can be had negotiating that holiday bargain. In the evening the many local shops selling wonderful local products & souvenirs provide a colourful backdrop to the village which comes alive with the local bars providing lots of entertainment.
Restaurants & bars provide a excellent choice of both local & international cuisine, entertainment to suit all ages.
Dalyan is serviced by a good & varied network of reasonably priced transport, local bus services, Taxis & hire cars link it to the local area & beyond, including Dalaman airport,
Our agents also specialise in organising outdoor adventure activities & Safaris into the local area renowned for wild life & scenery. Boat trips & private boat hire is available to explore the beautiful Iztuzu Turtle beach & world renowned Aegean Turquoise coast all at reasonable cost. The many bays, inlets & Islands make this a Mecca for boat trips, sun-worshipers & Yauchts from around the world.
Even after 7 years visiting we are still finding new & exciting things to do & places to visit. Dalyan is that little corner of paradise.
Villa Granstone is a family home ideal for people with children of all ages. The villa can also cater for people with limited mobility, is wheelchair friendly with all amenities being available on the ground level including access to the pool & garden.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Sep 2016 - 31 Oct 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
1 Nov 2016 - 31 Jan 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Booking Notes. If you have a late departure time and wish to stay in the villa past 11am then an extra day should be booked. The same applies to a very early check-in. An extra day ahead of your arrival should be booked in order to allow cleaning staff into the villa to prepare for your arrival.
We highly recommend that you take out holiday cancellation insurance when your booking is confirmed.
It is expected that you will vacate the villa by 11am on the last day of your booking. Early entry or late departure has to be verified with us in advance and subject to incoming guests bookings.
30% Deposit to secure your holiday dates with the remainder in full 8 weeks before your arrival
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Granstone is fully air conditioned, modern contemporay Villa with everything you need for your holiday. It offers an ideal location in the quiet, Maris Mah area of Dalyan, close to the beautiful river with fabulous views of the mountains & magnificent Lycian Rock Tombs. Your holiday can be energetic or the perfect place to relax in the shaded secluded garden. All facilities, bars, restaurants, boat trips to the beach, mud baths & lake are only a short walk away. Transfer to Dalyan from Dalaman International airport is only 35 minutes & excursions to the many varied tourist attractions & resorts are available from the village centre. Shopping in the colourful weekly market & many varied local shops is exciting, negotiating that holiday bargain is an enjoyable, accepted challenge.”
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible ...
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Ground floor Walk-in wet room, shower seat & wc (easy wheelchair access) near 4th bedroom. Upper floor family bathroom with shower over bath & wc; master bedroom with ensuite wet room and wc.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bed 1 (king) + ensuite shower room; private balcony with stunning views. Bed 2(king) and Bed 3 (twin) share family bathroom with shower over the bath on upper floor. 4th bedroom (sofa bed) on ground floor. rooms fully A/C, baby travel cot is available.
- Notes on accommodation: The villa has been carefully designed to provide a 'Home from Home' atmosphere, and high specification accommodation. Fully air conditioned Granstone Villa is used as a family home by the owners out of season. We hope you will enjoy a holiday in this wonderful location. Front and rear patio doors give access to the terraces surrounding the property. All terraces and living space are gated to provide a secure barrier to the pool for young children. We emphasize, our guests responsibility for the safety of their party whilst in the villa, pool and garden. Drive way and car port provide ample shaded secure parking. The villa is complete with a security alarm system if required. Outdoor tables and chairs are suitable for al-fresco dining. The BBQ, pool (illuminated), Gazebo, loungers & tables make this tropical garden a welcome relaxing retreat. Outside: The walled and gated gardens contain a selection of tropical plants, palms, vines and colourful flowering shrubs. The villa was designed with outdoor living & alfresco dining/entertaining in mind. The kidney shaped private pool (with steps and play area into the water) dominates the rear garden with paved patio areas & ample sun loungers. The rear gardens, terraces & BBQ area, built in local stone, make an excellent social entertaining space with amazing views of the Lycian Royal Tombs. The shaded terraces & Gazebo (or Turkish Kursh) provides covered seating and dining areas out of the sun. The fully shaded front terrace & garden with wonderful views to the surrounding mountains has ample room for a dining table and chairs for relaxed morning breakfasts. The villa is a few meters, from the picturesque Dalyan river where the colourful riverboats travel to & from the Turtle beach. Across the river by row boat (from the harbour) is the ancient city of Kaunos/ ruins are worth a visit. Utility Room: No separate Utility Room as such but large under stairs closet with household equipment, iron, ironing board, vacuum cleaner, brooms and bucket/mop. Baby's high chair and disability shower seat also stored here. Washing machine located in kitchen. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Cleaning equipment, washing machine, towels & linens are provided. Towels and linens changed on a weekly basis. Additional services can be arranged to suit individual needs at reasonable cost. The village also has an efficient laundry service if required. Other: A spacious study/4th bedroom, double sofa bed, storage unit and desk is located off the lounge. Suitable for those with mobility needs. Folding, connecting doors allow the room to open for additional communal space or close for bedroom privacy.