Apartment in Burgau, Western Algarve, Portugal - Peaceful Location 6 Minutes Walk To The Beach
The apartment is in a secure walled complex with a lovely pool, decking terrace for sunbathing. The gardens are planted sympathetically with all native herbs, lavender, grass and olive and lemon trees around the perimeter. Private balconies off the bedroom,west facing terrace, furnished with high spec outdoor furniture. The complex in Burgau is on the eastern start of the St. Vincent National Park this nature reserve extends westward to the cape of St. Vincent where there are wonderful walks through and this area of the park. This is not a formal park, but an area of outstanding beauty that has many small villages and stunning beaches. Burgau has a fantastic beach, several bars and fish restaurants, a spectacular beach bar tucked in the cliffs on the beach.
About the Owner
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Lagos Deep Sea Fishing and boat trips to the grottoes are available from Lagos marina. Speed boats can be hired and craft of all sizes chartered (with or without skipper). There are paragliding Microlight facilities at the aerodrome on the eastern outskirts of Lagos. Pleasure flights on light aircraft are also available. Horse riding; most of the horses used by various riding centres in the Algarve. Thrills and Spills; There are two large water parks, great fun for the whole family, about 25 minutes drive from Lagos, near Lagoa. Zoomarine, near Guia, is a superb ocean theme park, the best in southern Europe. Tennis courts; Lagos, Parque da Floresta and Burgau Sports Centre. Walking/Bird watching: Huge areas of the Western Algarve are unfenced and ideal for everyone from serious ramblers to those who just like a peaceful stroll in the countryside or along the rugged coast. Suitable for walking shoes or trainers.
Burgau has the charm of a fishing village. The beach is 6 minutes walk away so leave the car at the apartment and just walk around the village it is a safe cove ideal for swimming and generally messing about in the water. There are 3 supermarkets that open all the time. Also a small baker open mornings only. There are good walks, lazy to experienced rambler, east to Salema into the national park and west to Luz, easy, and on to Lagos all along the coast.
Nearest international airport: Faro at 90 kilometres, approx 1hr drive to Burgau on the A22 motorway
Nearest ferry port: Bilboa at 1,200 kilometres
Nearest railway station: Lagos
Bus: regular locally
Taxi (approx. €140 each way) train from Faro to Lagos (€15) and a short taxi ride to Burgau. Fly to Lisbon. Lisbon to Burgau is about 3 hours drive time.
Lagos is one of the most interesting towns on the Algarve coast and it is a 15 minute drive from Burgau. It has a seafaring tradition dating back to the 15th century, when Henry the Navigator had his ships built and prepared there for voyages of discovery into the unknown world. The ancient walls are steeped in history but nowadays this is a youthful town, with a refreshing, relaxed charm all of its own.
Burgau is situated on the Western side of the Algarve in a quiet serene area. This delightful fishing village is tucked away in an environmentally protected natural park. The village overlooks a small sandy bay with winding cobbled streets, fishermans' cottages. Situated approximately 12km from the historic town of Lagos and 24km from Sagres, the most south-westerly village in mainland Europe which is paradise for surfers and paragliders. Although Burgau is a small picturesque village it has 2 supermarkets, various bars, (including beach bar) and several restaurants with excellent choices of fresh fish, local and international dishes. For busy night life then Lagos is a 15 minute drive or taxi ride away.
- Booking Notes:
Returnable deposit of 100€ will be required to cover breakages.
25% Non-refundable deposit is required to confirm your reservation. Balance to be paid 8 weeks before arrival, for bookings made within 8 weeks of arrival, the full amount is due at the time of booking.
Cancellation charges: More than 8 weeks prior to arrival - no charge.
4-8 weeks prior to arrival - 50% of total rental rate.
2-4 weeks prior to arrival - 75% of total rental rate.
Less than 2 weeks arrival - 100% of total.
please contact owner
- Available arrival
- Air Conditioning
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- En-suite to master bedroom has a walk in shower, wash basin and toilet. Guest bathroom has a shower over the bath, toilet washbasin & bidet. Mezzanine en-suite walk in shower, toilet and wash basin.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 5 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Master bedroom with en-suite and a king size bed. Twin bedroom with an east facing terrace. Sofa bed in the mezzanine, with en suite.
- Golf ...
- Outside: This a small private complex set in grassy areas with views to the hills. There are herbs and lavender planted throughout hence the name 'aromas'. Olive and lemon trees dot the area and perimeter. The shared pool is a good size with sun beds. Utility Room: Washing machine, hoover, iron and iron board. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels,bed linen and beach towels are provided are provided for a one week stay, 10 days or two week stay will have maid service mid stay, beds changed, towels refreshed, bathrooms cleaned, all rooms hoovered and mopped. Other: There are security electric blinds on all windows, useful to keep the bedrooms dark for the children to sleep! A/C available at an extra charge of 20€ per week.