Villa in Kalkan, Mediterranean Region, Turkey - Quiet, Side Street Location, Short Walk To Shops
Villa Tora is a large 3 bedroom (all en-suite) villa with a private pool and terraces, surrounded by mature gardens with flowers, lemon and olive trees which are just great when they're out in bloom. The extra large roof terrace has fabulous sea and mountain views and is perfect for sunbathing, BBQ's or a nightcap. Inside on the ground floor is the split level open plan lounge with free wifi, flat screen satellite TV, DVD player. On the upper level, is a dining area with table and chairs, then beyond that is the modern kitchen with breakfast bar, full appliances and doors to the outside pool terraces. All three bedrooms are on the first floor and have mosquito screens and balconies. There is also a 15ft square terrace on this level off the bedroom corridor for everyone to enjoy, as well as an extra large roof terrace on the top floor, so plenty of outside space with sea views. There is a gated driveway if you choose to have a hire car. This is a very spacious villa.
About the Owner
My name is Ali Tunc, I am an accountant and live and work in the beautiful resort of Kalkan. As I live here, I'm always on-hand to help guests, as is Louise who takes the enquiries and bookings for me. Best wishes, Ali.
From the Owner
“I bought the property as a resale specifically to rent, as it was in a good location. It's far enough from the centre of Kalkan to enjoy the peace and quiet and in a side street so didn't lead anywhere so there would be no passing traffic and a good degree of privacy, but not too far away that you are too secluded. It's a good villa if you want to relax and just go into Kalkan say evening times, or once a day. The smaller village of Akbel is also within walking distance which is great to pop into on a Sunday for their local market - it's so very different from Kalkan as it's very much a traditional Turkish village. This villa provides the best of both worlds.”
Activity and Interests
Kalkan has no sandy beaches, there are Beach Clubs with bathing platforms and steps into the beautiful clear turquoise sea. All the beach clubs have cafe/restaurant facilities as well as WC and changing facilities.
Patara Beach is a 17km sandy beach which is about a 10/15 minute bus ride away. The local buses are roughly hourly and cheap.
Dalaman is the nearest airport, and is approximately 130km away, or 1.5 hours transfer time. Private Dalaman Airport transfers can be arranged for you at a cost of (for 2013) 1-3 people £60 each way ,4-7 people £80 each way, 8+ people £110 each way. All transfer vehicles are air-conditioned and all the drivers are very professional.
Car hire is also available.
The nearest shop but basic groceries is just a 2 min walk from the villa. The bus station is about 5/10 mins away and Kalkan's weekly market and larger shops (who will deliver groceries) is just a bit further on from the bus station and this is the start of Kalkan's centre. The harbour is about 15/20 mins away from the villa. A taxi from the villa to the habour (furthest distance) is around £5
•The pool and garden area will be tended to daily
•Private chef and baby sitting services can be supplied on request
•WiFi internet access is provided free of charge
•A welcome pack is provided
•There are plenty of banks and ATM machines
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Oct 2016 - 31 Oct 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£250|
A deposit of 25% on booking. Balance payable 8 weeks before arrival please.
£250 refundable security payment required.
Changeover day can be flexible.
Normal checkout time is 11am.
Check into villa 15.00 hrs, but again we try to be as flexible as possible.
Notes on prices:
Prices are in Sterling.
2015 EARLY BOOKING DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE!!!!!
Manager's Cancellation Policy
- 0% refund for cancellations more than 0 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair accessible
- near the sea
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- mountain biking
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Bath 1 - En-suite to bedroom 1 with WC, separate shower cubicle, bath, double sinks and vanity units Bath 2 - En-suite to bedroom 2 with WC, separate shower cubicle Bath 3 - En-suite to bedroom 3 with WC, separate shower cubicle Ground floor WC
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - Ensuite - 1 Large Double Bed, Bedroom has a dressing area separate from the bedroom
- Bedroom 3 - Ensuite - 2 Single Bed
- Bedroom 2 - Ensuite - 1 Large Double Bed
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bed 1 - Master bedroom, sea view, double bed, en-suite bathroom with separate shower and bath, dressing room, lots of wardrobes Bed 2 - Double bed, en-suite, mountain view Bed 3 - Double bed, en-suite, sea view All with air con and mosquito screens
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: This is an older property so is very spacious both inside and out. It easily takes 6 people without feeling as if you are on top of each other, so great for friends who also enjoy their own space. We also provide a welcome hamper for your arrival, and can arrange airport transfers, car hire, boat trips or day trips, and are generally on-hand if you need any assistance during your holiday as we live in Kalkan. Outside: The villa is surrounded by gardens and is accessed by a sliding gate across the driveway (suitable for 2 cars). There is a private pool (approx size 4mtr x 9mtr) with sunbathing terraces and a raised garden with olive and lemon trees around it on the ground floor. There is also a table and 6 chairs. On the first floor 2 of the bedrooms have small balconies, but then there is a large 15ft square terrace with very large parasol and sunbeds which can be accessed from the corridor rather than through any of the bedrooms. There is also an extra large roof terrace for sunbathing too. Utility Room: Washing machine, cleaning equipment and storage cupboards for linen and towels. Iron and ironing board. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Weekly clean and linen change. The pool and outside area is cleaned daily. Beach towels provided.