House at Treyarnon Bay, Cornwall, England - Comfortable Family House With Open-Plan Living And Separate Games Room
Roswidden is a comfortable holiday house situated on the southern cliff top of Treyarnon Bay with magnificent views over the bay to Trevose Head. It has a large front garden mostly lawn; a good area for games and a private south-facing rear lawn for sunbathing. It is adjacent to the cliff path for walks and with access to the beach.
About the Owner
Roswidden has been in our family since the 1920's and four generations (so far) have enjoyed their holidays there.
After a long drive from the South-east, the view and sea air puts an immediate smile on your face and sets the tone for the holiday; it is a glorious place. As one local of the bay says; 'I know what Heaven is - I've lived here!'
We all love to get down as often as we can what-ever time of the year for our 'cornish fix'.
Guestbook comments from the owner
We all love Roswiden and have had yet again a wonderful holiday. Cant wait to return next year.
This is our most favourite place on earth - the surfing was the best ever this year. We loved riding on the beach.
From the Owner
“We bought Roswidden after our Aunt died in the early 1980's. She owned it since the 1920's and we often visited her there. The beauty of North Cornwall gets into your blood and we all love going down there - it made the decision to obtain Roswidden compelling. We never tire of the view; at different times of the day it is always changing. We love the smell of the ozone when you walk out on the patio in the early morning with the cry of the seagulls - then a surf and a jog or walk on the deserted beach is a daily ritual. But the best thing of all is going to sleep at night, exhausted from a full days activity, with the sound of the crashing waves on the beach.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Past tenants' other interests:-
Riding (on the beach)
Cookery course at Rick Stein's Cookery School, Padstow.
National Trust properties.
Lost gardens of Helligan
Treyarnon Bay is 3 minutes walk from the house with a lovely sandy beach with rock pools and paddling pools at low tide. There is a natural tidal pool (big enough to swim in) covered daily by the tide where many of our family and visitors have learned to swim.
Constantine Bay and Booby's Bay are adjacent beaches - both accessible with an easy walk.
There is very good surfing on all beaches with life guards on duty daily throughout the summer.
Newquay airport is 20 minutes drive (multiple taxi available).
Bodmin Parkway rail station is 40 minutes drive and has a bus service.
It is recommended that a car is the best method of getting around.
St Merryn is the nearest village. There are a few shops and a garage and a couple of restaurants.
Padstow is a lovely fishing village with a lot of shops and restaurants and activities - also there is a ferry to Rock across the estuary for sailing and water skiing. It is very popular to cycle the Camel trail (good cycles for hire) to Wadebridge or further to Bodmin and back. Mackerel fishing trips and boat rides are also available, and interesting to visit the lobster hatchery.
There is a shop in the car park on the otherside of Treyarnon Bay. Gary is very helpful and will get you anything you may need. He has a basic good stock of goods, newspapers and essentials for the beach.
Constantine Bay Stores a very up market grocery store with just about almost everything you may want. Daily delivery of lovely fresh bread and rolls and croissants. Wine and beer are available. It is located right next to Trevose Golf Club approximately 1 mile from Roswidden.
In St Merryn - 1.5 miles - there are 2 grocery shops and a garage which has a
mini hardware shop in it. Good fish and chips.
Padstow has a large Tesco at the top of the hill. There are various art, clothes, pottery, gift, food, fudge, pasty and ice cream shops; also a few Banks, a newsagent and a chemist.
Rick Stein has 4 restaurants, a delicatessen, patisserie and gift shop.
There are several other restaurants some of which are advertised on noitce board in the house.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
Autumn half term
14 Oct 2016 - 27 Oct 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
28 Oct 2016 - 22 Dec 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£500|
Please contact the owner for availabilty. On confirmation, a 20% deposit is required with the completed booking form. The balance to be paid 6 weeks before date of arrival.
Change over day is normally Friday. Guests must leave by 11.00am and incoming guests can only arrive after 4.00pm.
25% deposit of weekly rate payable by cheque with signed booking form. Returnable if cancelled in excess of 6 weeks prior to rental start.
75% payable by cheque one calendar month prior to rental start.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Roswidden has a glorious feel to it - not too big; not too small, and geared for families to have access to both active and quiet choices. Grand-parents to toddlers are all catered for by the location and facilities. Even if it rains, the games keep everyone busy, and the views of the ocean, waves in the bay and distant headland remain an attraction with ever-changing moods. Boredom is not applicable!”
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- near the sea
- scenic drives
Local Services & Businesses
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- deepsea fishing
- surf fishing
- water skiing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 3 - Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 1 - Adjoins bedroom 1 with bath and wc. Bathroom 2 - Has a shower, basin and wc located between bedrooms 2 and 3. Cloakroom with wc and basin. Additional shower located near the kitchen. Bathroom 3 in annexe has a shower, wc and basin.
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 11
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Description of sleeping capacity: 4 doubles and one triple with bunkbeds Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 has a double bed; Bedroom 2 also has a double bed; Bedroom 3 has two single beds; Bedroom 4 downstairs has a single bed plus bunk beds. Bedroom 5 (in annexe) has 2 single beds.
- Golf ...
- Outside: There is a large patio and fairly large garden laid to lawn. Plenty of room for children to run around and play games. There are 2 teak garden benches and 2 large teak tables. In addition, there are sunloungers, deckchairs and a Weber barbecue. Utility Room: The utility room has a washing machine, tumble dryer and sink. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen are included, but there are no separate beach towels. The property is checked for cleanliness and linen changed between lets. Please note, though, that we expect the property to be left in the same clean state. Other: Upstairs there is also a sunroom with enclosed balcony. The annexe with upstairs bedroom and downstairs shower room and toilet, utility room, and large games room with table tennis, table football, sofa, armchair and TV.