Apartment in St Ives, Cornwall, England - Quiet Location With Good Access But Minutes From The Shops And Beach
Initially I extended the Loft to provide me with a light working area (Carpentry work shop and Garage) , in 2006 I converted the Loft to residence. The house is set out on two floors with reverse level accommodation to take advantage of the Views, Space and Light offered from the elevated living. Downstairs you enter through a Half glazed door to hallway, Bedroom 2 and the En suite, then up a step to a hall with the stairs to the upper floor and 4 steps upto Bedroom 1, the second Shower room and onto the integral Garage, with bi folding doors out to a small private Car parking area for local businesses. The living area has exposed Timber 'A' frames and Pitched timbered painted ceilings, with two thirds living area and one third kitchen and dining. A feature partion separates the kitchen area from the living, just high enough to allow the kitchen to share in the open plan living, but high enough to mask the day to day workings of the kitchen to give a clean un cluttered feeling.
About the Owner
My name is Guy Litchfield, I live in St Ives approx 1 mile from Anchor Loft and look after the property myself and handle all aspects of the letting personally. I have owned Anchor Loft for over 15 years now and indeed built and converted it myself 6 years ago from a one time Artists studio and surf board factory. I am a Carpenter Joiner and Lecture in Building studies at Cornwall College. I grew up part of my Childhood in St Ives harbour area and developed a deep Love for the Town and all things maritime and returned to St Ives over 20 years ago to live and make my home.
Guestbook comments from the owner
The Anchor Loft is the Most beautiful place to stay and we have loved our stay here.... Tara and Barney
As soon as we walked in Anchor Loft, Guy made us feel at home, this fabolous place is perfect for a Seaside break... Emily, Jack, Ottilie and Darcy
A fabulous 5 weeks in awesome Anchor Loft, really does feel like a home from home, see you again soon...... Clare, Lee and Erin
The Anchor Loft has been an amazing place to stay to celebrate or Marriage. The accommodation is relaxing, quirky and comfortable with Shineing views and just a quick stroll and your in town.. Laura and Kieron
Amazing Anchor Loft, we4 had seen it on the website, however it is stunning, so different to all other self catering around, quirky, interesting. the seaside vibeof the place makes it even more special and its so light with great views, Fab location..... Stacey and Matt
We loved being so central but it was quiet too.. The Hull family
Thanks for sharing the Loft its a great place Alison
From the Owner
“At the time I was looking for somewhere to work and needed a space in town, I was very lucky to find what now is Anchor Loft, set back just off the beaten track in a quiet off street position, but central within minutes of the town shops, banks and Harbour, it offers good vehicle access to the garaging and has a lovely position elevated just above the harbour roof lines to afford views across the town and harbour to the Island and across the Bay to Gwithian and the Godrevy Lighthouse.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
St Ives is renowned for its Magical Light and Artists have been drawn here for centuries, Art clases and Courses are offered at St Ives School of Painting at the Pothmeor Studios, no more than a five minute walk from The Loft. The Coastal Path which runs west to Zennor is Breath taking and the walk to the East takes in Carbis Bay and Porth Kidney and onto the Hayle Estuary.
The Loft is within a couple of minutes of most shops, banking, post office requirements and the harbour and beaches are within 5 minutes. With Good Vehicular access Anchor Loft is the ideal Base for further expoditions around Penwith and Cornwall.
Centrally located within 4 minutes walk of the St Ives train station, with good vehicle access that does not require driving through St Ives Notorious one way system, The Loft is very well accessed. Newquay airport is approx 40 minutes drive and the A30 (our Cornish version of a Motorway) is 10 minutes away by car.
The Tate St Ives, internationally renowned Gallery is approx 7 minutes walk from the house, with the Harbour and its numerous quality restaurants, 4 minutes walk away.
Within a couple of minutes walk are the Post office, the library, three national banks, two co-op and local delicatessens, Bakers and a health food shop.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
16 Sep 2016 - 29 Sep 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
30 Sep 2016 - 14 Oct 2016
Changeover Day: Friday
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
Changeover Day: Friday
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Bookings are taken by e mail mainly, but verbal enquiries are welcome, after initial enquiries, I send out a set of my terms, if they are all ok, I ask a £200 booking deposit and 8 weeks before the Holiday the cost of the holiday week is due (the Booking deposit becomes a damage deposit which is returnable within 14 days of the end of the holiday) In the Low season weeknd or Part week bookings can be arranged with the number of people staying and number of nights dicating the price negotiated.
The Loft is booked friday to friday, but out of season or at quiet times this is flexible. Departure is by ten o clock on the leaving day, arrivals after 2 pm, but should guests arrive early, a car can be left at the Loft, with guests returning at 2 pm
Notes on prices:
Prices are set at a level to be competitive with comparable properties, Late availability may effect the amount charged, I have kept my prices stable for over 4 years and then last year, dropped them slightly to reflect the economic climate. Short breaks are available in the low season, please email for a qoute
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Anchor Loft offers spacious reverse level accommodation, with open plan Loft living area complete with large 100 ft sq decked Balcony amenity area with views across the Bay, integral Garaging with additional parking if required, two double bedrooms and two bathrooms. Converted to residential accommodation just over 6 years ago every aspect of light airy stylish living was considered, the living area benefits from 5 large windows on N,E,S&W aspects and 4 large Velux roof windows to benefit from St Ives superb Light quality. The Loft is filled with points of interest collected over a life of Living and holidaying in St Ives, each with a story.”
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- wheelchair accessible ...
- near the sea
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- One bathroom offers en suite bathing to bedroom 2 including modern close coupled wc, good sized hand basin and bath with shower over, bathroom two has good sized shower with electric shower, wc and vanity basin
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4/6 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with built in captains double bed, bedroom 2 with wooden double bed
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: For week breaks a welcome package is provided as part of the package experience, locally sourced with the basics, such as bread, cheese, milk, eggs, butter, fruit and a cream tea along with local papers and a bottle of wine, hopefully mean, weary travellers could arrive and if desired not have to rush out for groceries. Tea coffee and sugar are also provided. Basic sundries such as washing up liquid, tea towels, herbs etc and downstairs toilet rolls, soaps and cleaning liquids again hopefully mean that quickly the guests can relax after a journey and shop at there leisure. Part week or weekend bookings are provided with the basic sundries and perhaps milk for a warm drink and a bottle of wine to relax are included. Outside: Outside the kitchen with an eastern and southern aspect is a first floor 100 sq foot decked area with gas bbq seating and a table with views across the bay to Godrevy and Gwithian, which offers lovelly morning light and alfresco dining with external lighting makes evening dining an option. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Good quality linen and towels are provided as part of the package, each person satying having a large and small heavy cotton towels and beach towels on request. The property is cleaned by myself to maintain that personal touch. Other: Integral garaging big enough to accommodate land rover discovery with enough room to store surf boards, bikes, prams etc, with washing machine and freezer and darts board with drying rail.