Foros de Salvaterra, Ribatejo, Central, Portugal - Peaceful Location, 45 Minutes From Lisbon
The complex Salvacasa contains three more or less identical villa's which contains maximum 5 units to be rented separately; Salvacasa 1 sleeps 14 and has its own private garden and pool. Salvacasa 2 & 3 sleeps both 12. These can be split in Salvacasa A which sleeps 8 and Salvacasa B which sleeps 4. The A & B houses have a connecting stairway with double doors to connect or to seperate.
In Salvacasa 2 & 3 the A units have their own private garden and pool. The B units are located on the ground floor at the front side of the villa's.
Our villa's are situated on the edge of the small village of Salvaterra de Magos and can be booked the whole year. It is an unspoiled and beautiful rural area that will take you back in time. (Googlemaps is currently being updated, we hope you will be able to not just see the site of our villas but the actual villas themselves soon.) The Atlantic coast, the centre of Lisbon and some of the best golf resorts are easy to reach, all within an hours' drive.
Facilities include: on site service, airport service, spacious living areas, satellite colour TV, wifi, safe, linnen, baby cot, bath, French balcony, washing machine, barbeque, bicycles, scooter, pets allowed, internet, fully fitted kitchen with large fridge-freezer, microwave, oven, dishwasher. Each villa and appartment has a an information brochure with lots of tips. The gardens are lawned and the A villas have a private salt water pool, tiled terrace with table and chairs, loungers and hammocks. The accommodations are built on large plots. If you enjoy cycling; we also have bikes. Or, should you want to go fishing; we have some great spots for that too very close by.
We are open for rental the whole year and you can book for longer periods.
Details for holiday villa Salvacasa 1, Sleeps 14 (5 Bedrooms), 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 14, 3 Bathrooms
Our Villa I has a total of 5 spacious bedrooms: 1 room with Kingsize Double bed, 1 room with Queensize Double bed, 3 rooms with two Single Beds. The single beds can be joined together as one on request (or vice versa). There are three fully equipped bathrooms. The bedrooms have fitted wardrobes. There is a spacious living area, comfortable sofa and chairs, diningroom table and chairs. There is a covered outside dining area with a barbeque.
The houses are all spacious, clean and complete. There is plenty of space around the big pool. Comfortable loungers and a hammock. There is a roofed terrace and the walled garden is mature and well kept, soft green lawns will give you more space to relax. The fruit trees complete this idyllic picture.
And if you are planning a golf drive or an incentive trip with your staff, the villas of Salvacasa would be the perfect location.
About the Owner
We live and work in Holland. As we love Portugal so much, most of our holidays are spent there.
Guestbook comments from the owner
Zoover Award 2010 and Zoover Award 2013!
We ar proud to say that the comments in the guestbooks that we have in the villas and appartments are all very positive and we have had quite a few families who have returned to us to enjoy another great holiday in Portugal.
From the Owner
“We have chosen to build our holiday homes where we have, because of the fantastic facilities in the area, the natural beauty and the easy access to the cultural heritage of the region. So many beautiful things to see and visit. The Atlantic coast lies within reach, a visit to Lisbon is well worth a trip and doable in a day. The village of Salvaterra de Magos is small and traditional. It is simply a wonderful part of Portugal.”
Activity and Interests
The Atlantic coast is only a 45 minute drive away from your beautiful location.
Your holiday home is just a 55 km drive from Lisbon airport. We can arrange a transfer for approx. 75 € one way. Because of the beautiful area we are in, we do recommend that you have your own means of transport.
Distances from your holiday location in kilometres
Town centre 5
Golf course 20
Atlantic coast 85
An approx. 10 - 15 minutes walk from the villas will take you to the river; it is lovely for a picknick and a swim. There are small beaches for you to enjoy. You can book a fun day out on one of the river boats that can take you to a lovely island in the river. You may bring a picknick and you can also BBQ on the island.
The surroundings are perfect for a hike or a cycle tour, it is quite flat where we are....small lovely towns are close by.
Very close to the villas there is a local supermarket well stocked but simple. They do fresh bread and meat as well. Bigger supermarkets are a little further away. In the village you will find a very nice restaurant that serves simple but good quality food and drink. Drive just that bit further and you will find a diversity of restaurants serving fresh crab and fabulous steak, shrimp and local food. In your villa you will find more information.
The region has vast pine forests and bright green forest with small streams. In the soft rolling hills lies a medieval castle, Castelo de Leiria.
The monastery, also known as Mosteiro da Batalha, is one of Portugal's most beautiful Gothic structures.
Slightly further east, the peaceful town of Tomar is located. Each stone breathes a large number of historical events. A place that deserves to be visited so you can see the beautiful façades of houses, churches and other wonderful buildings. You will find many shops where ancient crafts are still being practised.
Obidos and Santarem are beautiful. Other attractions are the Largo do Seminario, the Largo Central and Portas do Sol. And the nineteenth century gardens with the magnificent Belvedère from which one overlooks the Tague. You have a beautiful view over the city from the Tower das Cabacas. This tower, called Torre do Relogio, means Watch Tower. The view from here on the set of beautiful windows, campaniles and Azulejos is truly overwhelming.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
1 Apr 2017 - 30 Jun 2017
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
1 Jul 2017 - 31 Aug 2017
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional pricing information
|Cleaning, linnen, towels||£126|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£84|
If you want to now more about availability, just fill in the form on the website. We will quickly answer any questions you have. After your booking, we will send you a detailed invoice with payment information.
We ask for a deposit of 30% of the rental price to be paid within 7 days of the booking. The remaining 70% are due to be paid 6 weeks before day 1 of the rental period.
We ask you for a € 100,00 deposit.
You will receive full terms and conditions after your booking.
Changeover day is Saturday generally. In the high season we are not able to be as flexible as other times. We are able to accept bookings for several nights as well. We willl ask you to vacate at 10.00 hrs. and your accommodation is available at 16.00 hrs
Notes on prices:
If you want to stay for a longer period during the winter, please ask us about our special rates.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The most beautiful golf courses in Portugal are a maximum 2 hrs drive from our holiday homes. Wishing 20 minutes you fine Riba Golf 1 & 2 and St Estevao Golf. After a day of sight seeing you come home and enjoy the peace and quiet of your own retreat.”
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Outdoor Pool
- Private Pool
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- pets considered
- smoking allowed ...
- winery tours
- bird watching
- eco tourism
- outlet shopping
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
- freshwater fishing
- mountain biking
- 290 m²
- Bathroom ensuite - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Bidet
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 14
- Master suite - 1 Large Double Bed, ensuite bathroom
- Bedroom 1 - 2 Single Bed
- Bedroom 2 - 2 Single Bed, plus extra bunk
- Bedroom 3 - 1 Large Double Bed
- Bedroom 4 - 2 Single Bed, plus extra bunk
- Bicycles ...
- Golf ...
- 6 bicycles
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Our holiday accommodation is modern and spacious and always up to date. We provide WiFi. Because of the total capacity of 17 bedrooms in total with 38 beds, we can also host bigger groups and families. The appartments have a connecting door to the villas. On site we have bicycles for you to rent and we also have a rental convertible. The villas and the appartment are well kept and clean, as are the surrounding grounds. For those who seek the quiet, the area is perfect. There are great hiking trips to be made, cycling and fishing. A 10-15 minute walk will take you to the river for a swim and a picknick and beautiful small towns are not too far away. If you are not in the mood to cook, just go to one of the many wonderful restaurants in the area, varying from a very lovely local café to a great place for fresh fish or a great steak. Of course if you want to go and play golf; there are several great golf courses i in our vicinity. Outside: The outside of our homes is absolutely beautiful. We are in a rural but not deserted area. The private pools are spacious salt water pools. There are comfortable loungers and chairs, shaded areas and beautiful plants and trees in the mature gardens. The villas have huge lawns for your comfort; of course there is also a tiled area. The garden is walled and secluded. The barbeque is suitable for big and small. The appartments also have a large private mature garden and a comfortable seating area.