Quite area, 4 Min walk to the centre of town. PET-FREE & with unlimited 3G Broadband.
Kinsale is a fishing village in County Cork, Ireland. Located some 25 km south of Cork City on the coast near the Old Head of Kinsale, it sits at the mouth of the River Bandon. Kinsale is a popular holiday resort for Irish and foreign tourists. Leisure activities include yachting, sea angling, and golf. The town is compact with a quaint air of antiquity in the narrow streets. There is a large yachting marina close to the town centre. Originally a medieval fishing port, historic Kinsale is one of the most picturesque, popular and historic towns on the south west coast of Ireland. It has been hailed as the "Gourmet Capital of Ireland", with no shortage of cafes, pubs and restaurants to suit every taste and budget. It has a beautiful Marina. The beautiful golden beaches are 15 mins drive away.
For videos of Kinsale and the Cork Coastline please click on:
We have unlimited 3G Broadband available.
PETS ARE NOT ALLOWED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. Should you bring a pet, you will be requested to leave the property and forfeit your security deposit.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
1 holidaymaker review
This lovely house has all you need for a perfect holiday. Very well equipped and spacious. Tastefully decorated and spotlessly clean. Excellent location within easy reach of central Kinsale if you do not mind a hill walk on return. Highly recommend and excellent. We will return.
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
If you love the water the Kinsale area provides some of the best water sports opportunities in the country with a strong emphasis on sailing tuition, yacht charter and sea angling.
If you feel a bit more adventurous then the rugged coastline provides a spectacular backdrop to rent your own motor boat, go sea kayaking, take a rib ride & go whale watching, while the nearby bays of Garretstown and Oysterhaven are Mecca for surfing and windsurfing.
For those who prefer to keep their feet on dry land Kinsale offers unrivalled golfing and horse-riding, and if you feel like an interesting leisurely stroll you can explore Kinsale’s rich heritage by way of one of the many historical walking tours or harbour trips.
The beach is about 15 min drive away, however Kinsale itself is located on the water with swimming in nearby Summercove.
Good news for Kinsale as An Taisce announced that two of the town’s most popular beaches, Garretstown and Garrylucas, have retained their Blue Flag status for 2012, at the International 25th Anniversary Blue Flag Awards.
The prestigious Blue Flag is one of the world’s most recognised eco-labels, and is universally recognised as the benchmark for beach quality.
Kinsale is located 20 minutes from Cork airport.
Kinsale is located 3-hours from the ferry port of Rosslare.
Kinsale is a 25 minute drive from Cork City.
25 minutes to Cork City
20 minutes to Cork Airport.
3 hours from Dublin Airport
2.5 hours from Rosslaire Ferry Port
For a small town, Kinsale has a myriad of attractions. Apart from scenic walks in the immediate vicinity of the town these include:
- Charle’s Fort, 17th Century Star Fort
- Jame's Fort, 17th Century Fort
- Desmond Castle & Museum of Wine
- St. Multose Church (12th Century)
- Courthouse & Regional Museum
- Guided daily Historic Walks
- Evening Ghost Tours
- Site of the Battle of Kinsale
- Golf - Old Head Golf Links Championship Course and Kinsale
Golf Club 9 & 18 hole courses
- Horse-riding (2 centres)
- Pottery Workshops
- Road Train
- Bike Hire
- Scenic Town and Coastal Walks
- Harbour Cruises
- Small Boat Hire
- Yacht Charter; daily, ½ day & weekly
- Sailing, Windsurfing & Sea Kayaking
- Deep Sea Angling
- High-speed Boat Trips
- Coastal Cruises, Whale & Dolphin Watching
- Surfing & Bodyboarding
- Coasteering & Stand-up Paddleboarding
- Rod & Tackle Hire
- Marinas (3), Yacht Club & Boatyard
- Watersports/Activity Centres (3) running courses & summer camps
- Dock Beach at Castlepark (0.5km), Garrylucas &
Garrettstown Blue Flag Beaches (8km)
- Boutiques, Galleries, Curios & Craftshops (including Pottery, Glass Cutting & Jewellery)
- Restaurants, Cafés, Delis, Pubs, Supermarkets
- Weekly Farmers Market (Wednesday mornings)
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
3 Sep 2016 - 21 Oct 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Halloween per week price
22 Oct 2016 - 4 Nov 2016
14 night minimum stay
5 Nov 2016 - 16 Dec 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Christmas per wk price
17 Dec 2016 - 6 Jan 2017
21 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
20% deposit, with balance one month before arrival. Security deposit (refundable within 10 days of departure) of €200 against breakages/damage.
Cancellation: Deposits are not refundable. However, in the case of cancellation the deposit can be transferred to another date provided we are notified one month prior to the original date, if we can accommodate same.
More than 4 weeks to arrival - No Charge
2-4 weeks to arrival - 50% of charge
Less than 2 weeks - no refund.
Saturday is changeover day. Departure time strictly 11am. To facilitate cleaning, arrival not before 4pm. However if we can accommodate a variation we will endeavour to do so.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“We are a pet free house. We do not allow pets under any circumstances.”
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed ...
- wheelchair inaccessible
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- laundrette - serviced
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- deepsea fishing
- pier fishing
- bay fishing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Upstairs bathroom with bath and shower. Downstairs toilet with shower.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Double Bed
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Double Bed
- Bedroom 3 - 2 Single Bed, bunk beds
- Bedroom 4 - 1 Single Bed
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 7 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed, Bedroom 2 with double bed, Bedroom 3 with single bed, Bedroom 4 with bunk beds.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: PETS ARE NOT ALLOWED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. Should you bring a pet, you will be requested to leave the property and forfeit your security deposit. Smoking is not allowed on the property. Outside: Very large outside deck which is a 'suntrap' in the evening, with outside dining table and barbeque and outdoor furniture. Utility Room: Ironing board, iron, washer/dryer etc. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Linen is provided. Other: The kitchen area is quite large and includes the dining area which can seat 8 people comfortably and leads onto a very large patio/deck with barbecue, which is not overlooked.