Bed and Breakfast in Sway, Nr. Lymington, New Forest, Hampshire, England - Quiet And Relaxing Bed And Breakfast With Total Independence. Walks And Ponies On The Doorstep
The Old Chapel was originally built as a Baptist Church around 1836. It has been carefully restored and updated to provide quiet and relaxing self catering Bed & Breakfast accommodation. It is situated opposite the owners’ house on the other side of the courtyard, allowing you complete freedom and independence. The Old Chapel is in a quiet lane on the edge of Sway village which has its own shops, post office, and child and dog friendly excellent pubs. With the New Forest on your doorstep, you can expect to see ponies and donkeys grazing on the other side of the driveway cattle grid.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
(4 traveller reviews)
Just stayed four nights in chapel room. Excellent base for exploring new forest and the coast. All we could have wished for. Great location and perfect host.
Arrived Tuesday, Joanne very friendly. Room and bathroom immacculate, couldn't fault it there....everything seemed to be thought of. Loved the idea of cooking our own breakfast with ingredients provided in our own time. There the disappointment began.
Firstly there were no instructions as tohow to use the cooker. Secondly, all ingredients provided (except jams) were from an ''essentials'' range! When paying for a B&B the last thing I expect to see flaunted is a cheap supermarket range!
This brings me on to the actual food provided. Their advert says they provide everything needed for the full English breakfast. Not so! We were given eggs and bacon. That's it. For the full English I expect eggs, bacon, sausages, beans and/or tomato and maybe mushrooms. And as for that (very salty) bacon well, we were given 6 rashers for 2 people for 2 days = 1.5 rashers per day!! Not the hearty breakfast we were led to believe would set us up for a day walking in the forest. The dates we stayed were 19th to 21st and the use by date on the provided bread was the 20th !
Even the products in the bathroom were the supermarket essentials range! Nothing high class here!
The owner was not around to talk to nor was there a comments book.
Will never recommend and definitely not return.
Very pleasantly surprised:-)
I was given a voucher for a nights stay in a B&B as a present, so I chose to stay in the New Fores and as soon as I saw The Old Chapel advertised I wanted to stay there.
After driving through the beautiful New Forest I arrived at the Old Chapel and was met by the polite owner who showed me to the Chapel Room and as soon as I saw the room I was amazed by the size of it. I was just expecting a nice double room but what I got was a studio flat! It contains a fridge, small cooker,microwave,kettle and toaster. Breakfast is also provided for guests to cook themselves and there's also a beautiful clean bathroom. I was truly made to feel at home and after dinner at a near by pub recommended by the owner( The Hare and Hounds ) I got ready for a good nights sleep in the comfortable bed. I slept really well and the next morning I enjoyed breakfast and returned the keys before setting of to go riding in the New Forest.
I highly recommend The Old Chapel for a comfortable stay in a beautiful and tastefully decorated room set in beautiful surroundings! I certainly look forward to my next visit :-) ;-)
We stayed in the Lodge room, which was beautiful! The room was tastefully decorated and was lovely and clean. We loved that fresh ingredients were left in the fridge for a full English breakfast as well as other ingredients for continental breakfast! The owner is lovely and and makes you feel very welcome but also leaves you alone to enjoy a relaxing break! I hope to return in the near future!
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Walking is direct from The Chapel with maps provided
Bicycle hire can be organised for delivery to the Chapel for your arrival.
There are many stables for riding, both hacks out into the forest and riding school.
The coast is 3 miles at Lymington and 12 to Bournmouth.
Lymington is a sailing harbour and between there and Bournmouth ,there are stony and sandy beaches between Lymington and Bournmouth. Sandy beaches start at Highcliffe Castle.
Bicycle hire can be delivered to the Chapel with prior arrangement
Train stations are Sway 1mile and Brockenhurst, 2.5 miles
Bournmouth Airport is 12 miles
Southampton Airport is 10 miles
The Forest is on the doorstep with walking and Bicycling directly accessed.
Sway is 1 mile away and Brockenhurst is 2.5 miles. A direct line from London Waterloo come into both.
Lymington with its sea charm and beautiful town and is a bustling atmosphere is 3 miles away.
The Forest is ideal for Walking, Cycling and relaxing.
2 excellent pubs, both dog friendly
Sway village has a Post Office, Pharmacy, convenience store butcher and Coffee Shop.
Lymington has all the shops you may want from Waitrose to boutiques.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
26 Feb 2018 - 28 Feb 2019
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
|Notes: Rates are based on 2 guests; add £20 per night, per additional guest|
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Please contact owner.
Please contact owner.
Notes on prices:
The Chapel Room is £80/night
The Green Room is £60/night.
The Lodge is £70/night
We charge an additional supplement of £20 for a single night stay
Additional adults or Children over 2 years old -£20/person/night
Dogs are charged at £10/visit.
Deposit on booking and payment on arrival
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- guest house
- Bed & Breakfast
- Away From It All
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Dishwasher ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Video Library
- children welcome
- pets considered
- wheelchair accessible
- botanical garden
- bird watching
- eco tourism
- horse riding
- scenic drives
Sports & Adventure Activities
- freshwater fishing
- bay fishing
- Chapel Bathroom - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- The Green room bathroom - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- The Lodge Shower room - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- The Forge shower room - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Studio, Sleeps 14
- The Chapel Room - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed, 2 Single Bed, 1 Cot, 1 Sofa bed/Futon, The Super king can be split on request to make 2 singles
- The Green Room - 1 Double Bed, 1 Cot
- The Lodge - 1 Large Double Bed, 1 Child Bed, 1 Cot
- The Forge - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed, 1 Single Bed, 1 Cot
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: The Old Chapel is a self catering Bed and Breakfast. The Chapel Room This large and luxurious bedroom/sitting room is perfect for a couple enjoying luxury but which also sleeps up to 5 people . The high ceiling and huge decorated glass window make this a distinctive and unique place to stay. The décor is complemented by the furnishings. A separate kitchenette has a mini-cooker, fridge, dishwasher, microwave, kettle and toaster. A large en-suite bathroom In the Chapel Room we provide a full English and a continental breakfast. The Green Room A light and airy double room which sleeps 2 in comfort, the Green Room has stripped floors and half-lined timber walls. A mini kitchen is tucked away, offering fridge, toaster, kettle, and microwave. We provide a Continental breakfast for the Green Room. Chapel Lodge A light airy high ceilinged room in a 'shabby chic style', with a contempary shower room. In The Lodge we provide a full English and a continental breakfast. Outside: The Old Chapel has a patio for guests with garden furniture and patio lighting. The Lodge has a separate sitting area in front of the building. The Forge is a super king double room with sitting/dining area and outside patio