House in Paziols, Nr. Narbonne, Aude, Languedoc-Roussillon, France - Enjoy The Peace And Tranquillity, The Only Sound Being The Local Church High Up On The Hill
A 17th century village house, retaining many original features, but modernised to a high standard. The area of Paziols is surrounded by vineyards and has lovely nearby walks. It is also part of the historical Cathar region. There is a local river swimming hole to cool off in summer. Also a five minute drive away is the town of Tuchan where you can find everything you need: restaurants, swimming pool, supermarket, bank, café’s, bar, butchers etc. Come in July / August to enjoy the many festivals this area has to offer with free concerts under the stars in different villages as well as the village BBQ’s where you get to know the locals.
Top Traveller Review
Excelled our expectations
About the Owner
Hello, we bought our village house in 2012 and have spent some time renovating the property, the rest of the time enjoying the peace and tranquility the house has to offer. We live in Western Australia so dont get to use the house as often as we would like.
Guestbook comments from the owner
Thank you or letting us stay at your lovely house. We had a great time and loved the village. Sad to leave. regards S &R
The house is pretty with lots of quirky features which i love. It was great relief to arrive and find Le Syrah so weloming and fully operational with WiFi and Tv. Regards M
5 based on 2 holidaymaker reviews
Excelled our expectations
The property has been sympathetically restored,retaining so many original features,but equipped with all modern conveniences to make our stay so comfortable and enjoyable. It is well located in the village and there is somebody close by in case of any queries.There is a good restaurant ,just a walk away and a shop. It is so easy to walk from the cottage,we enjoyed not always getting the car out. I would recommend this cottage. We are definitely coming back.
When we arrived the house was very clean and comfortable. The arrival pack that was given to us was a great start to the holiday. Dealing with Diane prior to our arrival was very easy as she answered all my questions, and gave us tips on things to do and see. The house had everything we needed in regards to household items and very well presented. The location was perfect for us as we are a young family and was great for getting to Perpignan and the coast. We will definitely be returning and will recommend Diane's place to our friends and family.
From the Owner
“Love the vineyards and the beautiful surroundings. Close to Perpignan, and the beaches but still having the peaceful surrounds of the mountains”
Activity and Interests
The closest beach is Les Barcares near Perpignan, a 50 minute drive. There are many restaurants and cafes on the beach front. Also close by are the beaches close to Narbonne such as Port Leucate, and Narbonne plages. Further south is the picturesque beaches of Argeles sur mer and the beautiful seaside town Coullioure well worth a visit. The Spanish border is also about an hour away. The historic Carcassonne is an hours drive away.
Perpignan airport is the closest, 35 minutes drive and in summer has flights every day from Stanstead and also served by Birmingham. Girona is about and hour and half away and is served by regular flights from the UK, mainly ryan air. Barcelona is 2 and half hours away for international flights for further destinations. A fast train from Paris to Perpignan is also available.
A car is essential to get to the village but car hire is available at all airports.
Tuchan - 3 km
Perpignan 32 km
Narbonne - 40 km
Mediterranean Sea - 35 - 40 km
Carcassone - 60 km
Local shops are closed between 12 and 3 pm however, Perpignan shops are open 6 days sometimes 7 days in high summer.
There is a bank in Tuchan which is open bank hours but has a 24 hour ATM.
Please note parking is avaiable in the village which is about a minutes walk from the house.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
15 Apr 2017 - 14 Jul 2017
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
15 Jul 2017 - 25 Aug 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
26 Aug 2017 - 27 Oct 2017
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£100|
Booking notes: 100 pounds sterling is required as a deposit to secure the booking and as a security bond.
Deposit is refundable at the end of the stay, subject to no property damage. Any damage to property may incur loss of deposit.
Full payment for booking is required one month before booking date.
Cancellation 14 days or less prior to arrival may incur the loss of the deposit.
Changeover day is Saturday, however in quiet periods changeover days may be changed.
Normally - 3 pm arrival time and 10.30 am departure time.
Notes on prices:
Shorter or longer lets may be available, contact owner by email
100 pounds deposit on booking. the remaining amount due 4 weeks before.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Refurbished bathroom with modern large shower, modern sink, toilet and heated towel rail. At one end of the bathroom is an enclosed cupboard area which stores the washing machine, clean towels and iron etc.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom1 with double bed, bedside tables, dressing table and wardrobe Bedroom 2 with twin beds, bedside table Both bedrooms are bright and airy having roof skylights
- Notes on accommodation: Fans, hair-dryers, parasol, outside table and chairs, cushions. There are electric heaters for winter and fans for summer. Outside: Timber decking on access level in enclosed private courtyard. Afternoon sun. On kitchen level is a breakfast area. Utility Room: Washing machine and utility equipment is kept in an enclosed area of the bathroom Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Both house and beach towels are provided. All linen for beds is provided and changed on a weekly basis. The property is cleaned after each tenant. Other: Bookcase on landing. A selection of Cd's and DVDs are provided. Hair-dryer is provided A welcome pack is provided for all bookings to include, tea, coffee, milk, a bottle of local wine, biscuits, nespresso pods.