Villa in Kalkan, Mediterranean Region, Turkey - Peaceful Location, 10 Minute Walk To Kalkan, 2 Minute Walk To Bus Station And Market
Situated not far from the bus station the villa is in a quiet location with good sea views. Fully air-conditioned, it has the added benefit of 2 lounges, 2 kitchens and a roof terrace as well as 4 en-suite bedrooms and essentials such as flat screen satellite TV and DVD player. Spread over 4 floors, there is plenty of space to spread out both inside and out either on the roof terrace which has stunning views, bedroom balconies also with excellent views or around the pool terrace. The villa is ideally located for accessing the picturesque centre of Kalkan as well as getting out and about to Patara Beach, Saklikent Gorge and Kas to name but a few.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
I live in Kalkan and Fethiye- Turkey with my wife and 2 children. I am architect and have an architecture office in Kalkan. My wife also works at an estate agent in Fethiye. Of course we spend our holidays in Kalkan, where we have many friends from England and love Kalkan..
2 holidaymaker reviews
We chose this villa as it is within walking distance from Kalkan Town (around 15-20 minutes) but far enough to enjoy the peace and quiet. The views are beautiful from the pool and even more spectacular from the roof top. You are also not really overlooked by other villas.
Our main complaint was the lack of kitchen equipment! Only knives, forks and spoons! There were no utensils for cooking whatsoever and although the details say there is a microwave and toaster they were no-where to be seen either which is why we are giving this a 3* rating.
Saying all that we would go back again.
We would not recommend this property for young children as there is no safety rail around the pool or older people due to the very steep hill leading up to the villa. Although a taxi is only a couple of pounds.
We had a great two weeks in Kalkan. The villa is very comfortable and well looked after. We wished the kitchen was better equipped but that is the main complaint. We will certainly go back.
From the Owner
“We love Kalkan because of the fantastic facilities in the area. There are some beautiful beaches and the marina boasts a great range of bars and restaurants. Especially there are one of the most famous beaches around it. There really is something for everyone here. The area is easily accessible with Dalaman airport less than an hours drive away.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Kalkan is situated on the Lycian Way. So if you are keen walkers, you can walk it in parts. There is also an abundance of ruins and places of interest right on the doorstep.
Kalkan is a small resort and as such has a small pebble beach with loungers and umbrellas. Most people use the various beach clubs which have direct access to the crystal clear sea, loungers and umbrellas, restaurant and bar. Patara Beach and Kaputas Beach are the closest sandy beaches and are about 10/14 mins away by local bus or car.
Dalaman is the nearest airport. The transfer time is 1.5 hours away. Airport transfers or car hire can be arranged for you. Car hire is not necessary from the villa to the centre of Kalkan, but as Kalkan is very hilly and hot in the summer, if you do want a taxi, the cost from the centre to the villa.
Kalkan centre is about a 10 minute walk away. The bus station and Thursday market is about 2 minutes away, as is the nearest shop, although all the shops will deliver your groceries. There are plenty of places to visit. Kas is the next small town to Kalkan is around 30 mins away by car or bus. Fethiye is a much bigger town and is around 45 mins away.
Many of the restaurants and cafes will do take-aways and also deliver. The shops will also deliver. There are plenty of banks to change money, although most places will take sterling.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Oct 2016 - 31 Oct 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
A 30% deposit is required to secure the booking, with the balance payable 8 weeks prior to arrival. Please ask if you would like airport transfers or car hire organizing. We can also organize any day trips if you wish.
Please contact owner.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The property is just ten minutes walk from the Kalkan Harbour and beach and its amenities.”
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Air Conditioning
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- city centre
- naturist beach
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
- freshwater fishing
- jet skiing
- mountain climbing
- pier fishing
- bay fishing
- water skiing
- 240 m²
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 3 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 4 - Shower Enclosure
- Bathrooms: Ground floor - separate WC and washing machine. First floor - shower-rooms in each bedroom. Second floor - shower-room in bedroom. Top floor - Wet room/shower-room in bedroom with washing machine.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Large Double Bed
- Bedroom 2 - 2 Single Bed
- Bedroom 3 - 1 Large Double Bed
- Bedroom 4 - 2 Single Bed
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedrooms: All bedrooms are fully air-conditioned and there is a hairdryer Bedroom 1 - Double en-suite with balcony Bedroom 2 - Twin en-suite with balcony Bedroom 3 - Double en-suite Bedroom 4 - Twin en-suite (attic style roof) with roof terrace.
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Originally the property was built as two separate 2 bedroom apartments, each with their own entrance. But we are now renting the entire building as one private villa. There is parking directly outside the villa and the location is quiet. Outside: There is a private pool with sea views and sun terraces with loungers, as well as an outside shower and that all important BBQ. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Cleaning/towels/ linen/maid service: Mid week clean and linen change. Extra cleans are chargeable. Please bring your own Pool/Beach towels. Amenities/Facilities: parking barbecue private pool (for sole use of guests)