Cottage in La Trinite, Nr. Villedieu Les Poeles, Manche, Normandy, France - Easy Drive From Ferry Ports, Good Access To Mont St Michel, Golden Sandy Beaches, Go-karting, Zoo
Sleeps 8 so fabulous for larger parties or 2 families sharing, making this superb cottage very good value. Also a romantic get-away for couples seeking privacy but wanting spacious, contemporary accommodation.
Whilst a traditional stone built cottage set in over 2½ acres of grounds, step inside La Grande Poulinière to discover a comfortable, well furnished, modern home. Relax in the large lounge featuring an impressive fireplace, cook-up delicious meals in the new kitchen, put your feet up and snooze in the conservatory or relax in the extensive grounds.
We welcome 1 well behaved pet. With so much ground, there is plenty of space for your four-legged friend to enjoy. Please be aware a neighbour often grazes his horses on a section of our land and this is sectioned off with an electric fence. Our labradoodle has caught his nose on it and it does no harm, just prevents him from disturbing the horses too much, who love being fed carrots!
If you are bringing your dog, we can recommend an excellent vet in Brecey, who we use. It's about 20mins drive, very easy to find and they speak basic English.
We're only 1hr drive from Caen or 1½hr from Cherbourg. The spectacular Mont St Michel, golden coastal beaches, the historical town of Villedieu-les-Poêles (with an indoor swimming pool), golf courses, zoo, go-karting are all within easy access.
We offer free wi-fi so it's easy to keep in touch with e-mails, to browse the internet, maybe use Skype or FaceTime to keep in touch with work/family back home.
Whether you enjoy sight-seeing or doing lots of nothing, being nestled deep in wonderful open countryside eases away the stresses of every day life. Welcome to La Grande Poulinière, make yourselves comfortable and enjoy being home from home.
About the Owner
We bought La Grande Pouliniére as a retreat from the hustle and bustle of life in London. We've spent several years carrying out improvements, lovingly transforming it into a warm and welcoming second home. Being a hide-away, it affords us privacy to enjoy quality time together or with the family. The extensive grounds (nearly three acres) are perfect for unwinding. We love the relaxed pace of life, un-rushed dining and probably too much cheese and wine! Above all, we want our Guests to enjoy a wonderful holiday and hope we have provided the perfect setting whether you want an action packed break or a 'do nothing' holiday. As we are not on site, our fabulous English Housekeeper is on hand to take care of all your needs during your stay. La Grande Poulinière awaits your arrival,
Mané & Jon
Guestbook comments from the owner
Your cottage is superb. The location could not have been nicer and our every wish was catered for. (Sept 2013)
Your cottage is amazing, you've certainly thought of everything! We'll be back next year - it remains our favourite French cottage xx (Aug 2013)
Thank you, we very much enjoyed our stay at La Grande Pouliniere! The boys really enjoyed it, particularly playing Baseball in the garden! Having British TV and watching Wimbledon and Internet access were also a great bonus. We ate outside most evenings and enjoyed local walks. We saw all the local sites, including Mont St. Michel and the historical sites around Bayeaux. Thank you so much for the use of your lovely home (July 2013)
A lovely week in a very peaceful place, everything has been thought of in this perfect escape. Thank you Mané & Jon, we hope to be back again sometime soon. (June 2013)
Wow, what a beautiful cottage, which we thoroughly enjoyed. (April 2013)
From the Owner
“We love the rural location of our cottage, with all the peace and tranquillity that brings whilst enjoying being close to shops and places to visit. Favourites include Villedieu-Les-Poêles, Mont St Michel, Dinard, Granville, Le Val-Saint-Père, Deauville, Honfleur and of course fabulous outdoor karting. Normandy is a beautiful part of the world, with warm and friendly people. Light pollution is virtually unknown here, take advantage and gaze up at the star-studded sky on a clear night. You have a great choice between little to do or lots to do! Relax and recharge your batteries at this wonderful pace of life. Being only a short drive from the ferry ports means we're home from home in no time at all. Ease of access means we have enjoyed so many more holidays than we'd ever hoped for.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Pet Friendly Cottage.
There are several places to take your dog for a run. Our favourites include the gorgeous Lac de la Dathèe and La Val-Saint-Père. There's a good walk 'around the block' at the cottage and plenty of land to explore.
The garden itself offers plenty of space for four-legged fun.
Manche enjoys some 222 miles of coastline. La Val-Saint-Père (25mins drive) is a particular favourite, unspoilt and usually very quiet with views of Mont St Michel in the distance. Granville and St Martin de Bréhal (30-40mins drive).
Beaches are seldom busy and rarely crowded.
Dinard is a very pretty sea-side town with a popular beach, a gentle stroll to shops and restaurants. The enchanting Deauville, a little further out, is definitely worth a visit. You won't be disappointed!
We find the ferry to Caen (Ouistreham Ferry Port) the most convenient, only 1 hr drive, Cherbourg is just 1½hrs and Le Havre about 2 hrs. The Channel Tunnel is 4-5 hrs drive (remember tolls will be payable).
Dinard Airport (Ryanair) is just over an hour's drive, where car hire is available.
Driving is essential.
We are pleased to be able to offer guests a 10% discount on Brittany Ferries fares. Please ask us for details.
Villedieu-les-Poêles (12min) famous for its home-produced copper pots and Bell Foundry, pretty seaside town of Dinard (1 hr), stunning Deauville (1½ hr), buzzing fishing town of Honfleur (2 hr).
Spectacular Mont St Michel (45 mins), with its numerous bars and cafes, you’ll be spoilt for choice! Outdoor go-carting is a must - Le Parc (15mins).
Zoo at Champrepus and twin spires Cathedral at Coustances (both 20mins).
Beaches within 30-40mins : Granville, Val-St-Père, St Martin de Bréhal.
The nearest town of Villedieu-les-Poeles is only 12mins drive away. There is a tourist information centre near the main Post Office. Market day, which includes local produce and livestock, is on Tuesday mornings. Along its quaint main road, you will find bakers, a mini-mart, the local church, butchers, florists, pharmacy and a wonderful array of coppersmiths and the Bell Foundry for which Villedieu is renowned. There are several cafes and restaurants. Le Fruitier, the hotel just off the market square also has a good restaurant (6 Rue Jules, tel : 01 45 84 83 84).
At one end of the town (up the main high street hill) you will find the Casino hypermarket, a comprehensive supermarket where you should be able to find all you need for your stay. Across the road from Casino, there is a Lidl, a garden centre and other retail outlets.
There is a petrol station at the main entrance to Casino, our nearest filling station.
For the children, there is the zoo at Champrepus, just a short drive away. It's a popular park for holidaymakers and locals.
Outdoor go-karting is very popular, we have enjoyed frequent visits and always have a great time.
Given that we are within easy reach of the port of Granville (30mins), and depending on the length of your stay, why not take a ferry trip to the Island of Chausey or one of the Channel Islands.
Granville is a busy seaside/fishing town with lots of café and shops.
Avranches is only 20 minutes and has a big shopping centre including a large Carrefour, E.leclerc, and garden centre. The Carrefour is open all day Mon-Sat (09:00 - 20:00) although don’t caught out, many shops close for a long lunch (12:00 - 14:00) ! They are usually closed on Sundays too.
Saint Lo and St Malo and Bayeux are also worth a visit too.
There is a superb walk around Lac de la Dathèe (20 mins drive), near Vire, a 43 hectare lake where 86 different bird species (ducks, coots, grebes, snipes...) have been observed.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Oct 2016 - 21 Oct 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
22 Oct 2016 - 28 Oct 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
29 Oct 2016 - 16 Dec 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
17 Dec 2016 - 6 Jan 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
Changeover Day: Saturday
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£250|
A 50% deposit secures your booking with the balance being payable 30 days prior to the start of your holiday.
For bookings made within 4 weeks of arrival, full payment is required upon booking confirmation.
July & August : Saturday, arrivals from 4pm, departure by 10am although we are happy to be flexible if no adjacent booking.
Alternative changeover days/short breaks/10 day breaks may be arranged for other months if available. Please enquire.
Notes on prices:
A refundable security deposit of £250 is payable via bank transfer. This will be returned via bank transfer once our Housekeepers have confirmed there is no damage.
We offer a 10% discount on ferry fares with Brittany Ferries, please ask us for details to benefit.
Oct-April inclusive : heating costs at £70.
We are happy to offer a 10% discount on 2 week out of peak season bookings, applicable to full rental rates only.
Any short stays (i.e., less than a full week booking) will attract a £50 fee
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“La Grande Poulinière is a beautiful stone built cottage at the end of a private lane, tucked away so you're never disturbed by passing traffic. The tree-lined driveway extends all the way around the cottage. We have taken great care in furnishing our second home to the highest standards. It is thoughtfully and carefully presented to offer easy to enjoy, comfortable and beautiful accommodation and is very well equipped throughout. With so much space indoors and out, we've enjoyed big family holidays but also sneaked in romantic breaks for just the two of us! The area is great for country walks and cycling, whilst being only 30 mins from fabulous beaches. Our property offers satellite TV so no need to miss your favourite UK programmes! Winter breaks are fabulous here, light a roaring fire, put on a DVD and relax or curl up with a good book and forget about everything you've left behind. Welcome, get comfortable and make yourselves at home. It's truly home from home.”
- Away From It All
- Farm Holidays
- Hair Dryer
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Washing Machine ...
- Wood Stove
- Coffee Maker ...
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Dishwasher ...
- Freezer ...
- Kitchen ...
- Microwave ...
- Oven ...
- Pantry Items ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Hob ...
- Toaster ...
- Dining ...
- Dining Room
- Books ...
- DVD Player ...
- Games ...
- Satellite / Cable ...
- Stereo ...
- Television ...
- Video Library
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- non smoking only ...
- pets considered ...
- wheelchair inaccessible ...
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- There is a shower-room on the ground floor comprising of WC, basin and shower cubicle. A second shower-room, newly refurbished, is on the first floor consisting of WC, basin, shower cubicle and heated towel rail.
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (5 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 : Double bed Bedroom 2 : Twin beds Bedroom 3 : Single bed Bedroom 4 : Double bed Bedroom 5 : Single bed Both double bedrooms and the twin bedroom have TV/DVD players (no TV channels) All bedrooms have wardrobes and bedside drawer units. 1 x Travel cot. There are 3 hairdryers at the cottage.
- Golf ...
- Kayak / Canoe ...
- Notes on accommodation: DVDs and games: Extensive library of some 200 DVDs catering for all viewers (U-18) Wide range of games : scrabble, chess, giant jenga (take care children), wooden snakes n ladders and ludo, Mr & Mrs, playing cards, bingo, Connect 4, boules Case of 10 family games (mini) including chess, dominos, draughts etc 2 archery sets/target and Darts/dartboard - strictly for the use of responsible, adult guests please Games for children : hoops, skittles, badminton set Selection of golf clubs, balls and a chipping net 2 adult bicycles General notes: Kitchen is stocked with tea, coffee and sugar. Double bedrooms have king-size duvets Linen/towels available on hire. 3 hairdryers Several large umbrellas If you're celebrating a special occasion we've even got champagne glasses, Cheers! The cottage is non-smoking. Ashtrays are provided for outdoor use. The cottage is fitted with 4 smoke detectors, a CO2 monitor, fire blanket and fire extinguisher. Outside: Tucked away at the end of a quiet, private country lane makes La Grande Poulinière a great choice for families and children which your pet will equally enjoy. We have no passing traffic so a peaceful haven. The large white double gates open up to a tree-lined driveway leading to the cottage. Located deep in the Normandy countryside, the cottage is nestled in over 2½ acres of gardens. There is ample parking, with the driveway extending all the way around the cottage. Good quality garden furniture includes a large table, 10 chairs, 2 sun-loungers (beach towels included in linen, if requested), a new large Jamie Oliver BBQ, 2 further BBQ's (all housed in the Wendy house). The raised pagoda is a lovely spot to enjoy al fresco dining. 4 folding chairs and a table (camping) are available for picnics. Picnic-ware is provided (in the bench in the dining room). There are peaceful walks all around us. Just head out and follow your nose! Utility Room: The utility room houses the washing machine, an additional double sink, ironing board and iron, pegs, 2 hoovers, various brooms, brushes, mops and cleaning accessories. It also stores spare light bulbs. The boiler is also situated here. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: The cottage is cleaned between every booking. Linen (bedding, towels & beach towels) are available for hire. Please discuss directly with our Housekeeper who will be happy to discuss your specific requirements to ensure your needs are catered for. Other: There is a separate dining room which easily seats 8 around a large oak dining table. When you need to get away from it all, relax in the bright, warm and sunny conservatory with a good book or enjoy an afternoon snooze!