Apartment in Maypool Nr. Dartmouth, South Devon, England - Peaceful And Secluded Location, 5 Minutes Drive To Beach With Great Walking Country All Around
Dart View is a lovely holiday home situated in a peaceful secluded location overlooking the River Dart and adjoining the National Trusts Greenway Estate. The apartment forms the upper level of a Victorian house built by a local shipbuilder in 1884. There are two flights of stairs to reach it but the views are worth it. The apartment is ideally placed for some beautiful walks along the River Dart, through woodlands or across the field to Greenway House. If you fancy going slightly further afield it is only a short walk to catch the steam train to Kingswear or Paignton or to the Greenway ferry which has services to Dittisham, Dartmouth and Totnes - the latter two offering a range of restaurants and independent shops. There are numerous beaches nearby and it is only 10 minutes by car to the seaside town of Torquay and the fishing port of Brixham.
Top Traveller Review
A week in Maypool
About the Owner
5 based on 1 holidaymaker reviews
A week in Maypool
An fabulaous week and excellent accommodation with a stunning view up the Dart. We had so much to do in this area and the apartment was very comfortable, well furnished and equipped. A great location to explore a wide area around Torbay and South Hams with the Sea and the Dart almost always in sight. Thoroughly relaxing and enjoyable.
Activity and Interests
There are numerous beaches within a short drive. Broadsands and Elberry Cove at Churston being only 5 minutes away. Popular beaches at Torquay and Paignton are 15 mins drive. Further afield Blackpool Sands and Slapton are around a 25 minute drive. The secluded national trust beaches of Scabbacombe and Mansands on the Coleton Fishacre Estate are a 20 minute drive. There are many more beaches to explore both sandy and pebbly.
Airports: Exeter airport is 40 mins, Bristol 1hr30
Ferry:(around a 55 minute drive) runs ferries to and from France and Spain. Locally Greenway Quay a 10 minute walk has services to Totnes, Dittisham, Totnes and Kingswear.
Train:Totnes and Paignton stations are on the mainline and have services travelling all over the country. Paignton station runs a steam train past the house with the nearest station under 0.5 miles away at Greenway Halt, no services in winter.
Bus:There are frequent buses
Galmpton village is just over a mile with a Post Office, butchers, hairdressers and local pub. Torquay, Paignton and the fishing port of Brixham are all within a 20 minute drive and contain a range of shops, restaurants and beaches. Dartmouth is a 10 minutes drive including a ferry crossing. Totnes is a 20 minute drive. Both these towns offer a range of independent shops and excellent restaurants.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
Changeover Day: Saturday
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£150|
Rates include towels, linen, heating and VAT. Payment by cheque or electronic bank transfer.
Arrival times are from 3pm
Departure time is 10am.
Regret to say no pets.
No smoking property.
Changeover day: Saturday preferred but please ask.
20% payment on deposit and remainder one month before booking. Refundable security deposit also to be paid on booking.
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
- theme parks
- water parks
- bird watching
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
- water skiing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- En-suite to Master bedroom with Shower and WC, Family bathroom with bath/shower over and WC. All newly fitted.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Master bedroom with 1 Super King-sized bed and en-suite, Bedroom 2 with 2 single beds, bedroom 3 with 2 single beds and bedroom 4 with 1 double sized bed.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: This is a completely refurbished apartment of around 2,000 sqft. It is not suitable for wheelchairs users as there are two flights of stairs leading up to it, (but the views are worth it!). Please note that as the property was built in the 1880, some areas have restricted head heights. Outside: There is no outside space, but there is parking available for two cars. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen are included. The property will be cleaned at the end of every visit when all bedding and towels will be changed.