The Beacon, 3 bed barn conversion in Bigbury on Sea, Nr. Kingsbridge, Devon - Peaceful Pretty Courtyard Location Within Easy Walking Distance Of The Beach
With stunning views and fabulous coastal walks, The Beacon in Bigbury on Sea is the ideal place to spend a family holiday. Located in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, there is something for everyone, young and old. With acres of golden sand, the unique Burgh Island and spectacular views across some of the best South Hams' coastline, you would be hard pushed to find a better location to enjoy a week or two with family and friends.
Top Traveller Review
Excellent cottage, plenty of room for 6
About the Owner
(1 traveller reviews)
Excellent cottage, plenty of room for 6
Nice farm cottage, well equipped, with kitchen and living room on 1st floor with views of the sea. Was abit of a walk down the hill to the beach, otherwise excellent.
Activity and Interests
2 min walk to Bigbury on Sea which has been awarded the prestigious Blue Flag in recognition of the beach’s excellent standards, particularly its efforts to make the beach accessible to everyone. In addition to good disabled access, Bigbury on Sea beach also provides Beach Wheelchairs for those with mobility requirements. It is one of the South Coast's best locations for windsurfing, canoeing and dramatic coastal walks and is, undoubtedly, one of the most stunning beaches in the South Hams.
The pretty villages of Modbury, Kingsbridge, Salcombe and Dartmouth are all within easy driving distance as is the city of Plymouth with it's historic Barbican and Hoe.
Bigbury on Sea beach offers plenty of opportunities for safe fun particularly if you’ve got children in tow. It is dotted with rock pools, so there’s plenty of creepy-crawly entertainment for budding marine biologists. While this beach is popular with families, there are a number of facilities and activities available if you’re seeking a bit more excitement on your holiday.
There’s a wide and varied selection of water sports available to visitors who prefer their holidays to feature a little adrenaline rush. If you want to try something different from the usual bodyboarding or surfing then windsurfing and kite-surfing are gaining popularity here, with hire facilities located right on the beach. To give you peace of mind, there are lifeguards present at Bigbury on Sea beach during May to September and the beach also has a first-aid room. Dogs are allowed on the beach although they are restricted to certain areas during the summer.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£250|
Either Ring Patsy or email or visit our website www.restassuredproperties.co.uk
Saturday Changeover - but we can be flexible! Check out 10am - check in 4pm.
Manager's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- children welcome
- pets considered
- near the sea
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Family bathroom on ground floor with bath, wc and wash hand basin. Ensuite shower room to bedroom 1 with shower, wc and wash hand basin.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with king size bed and ensuite shower room; Patio doors leading out to front lawned garden. Bedroom 2 with double bed and bedroom 3 with twin beds.
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Outside: There is a small lawned garden to the front of the property with table and benches for al fresco dining! Utility Room: Dishwasher, washing machine, tumble dryer and fridge. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Linen and towels included in price except for short breaks. Beach towels are not supplied.