House in Milford, Nr. Belper, Derbyshire, England - Great Location For Anybody Relax By The Pool Or Drive To One Of Derbyshire’s Great Destinations
The gate house was built in 1890 and was the original site of Makeney hall it has wealth of history formerly owned by the strut family of Belper a local mill town which was once the biggest exporter of cotton. It has 6 bedrooms, large open plan lounge with log burner and well equipped kitchen. Ground floor host another real fire and lounge and a table and chairs to discuss tomorrows plans. The Spa hosts a heated pool ,Sauna ,Hot Tub and gym .The spa area is child friendly with number coded doors to both entrances . There are large gardens and balcony terrace with large timber decking area. The area hosts lots of walks and is close to all amenities. There are two real ale pubs in walking distance and supermarkets and shops a couple of miles away. There is parking on site and BBQ facilities. The garden hosts our feathered friends the chickens and the ducks swim on the child friendly pond pets are welcome within reason [owners discretion]. All together the gate house has everything you need to complete your stay in the heart of Derbyshire.
About the Owner
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
We can accommodate guests with massage, beauty therapy sessions, hen nights,etc
Unfortunately we do not take stag nights and young groups between the ages of 18-30 yrs old .
We do have hen party,s and love to have families with children
East midlands airport 30min, a car would be essential to visit local attractions
Nearest towns inc Belper which is 2 miles away, you can find 2 supermarkets local restaurants and bars and lots of History, River gardens or Milford 1 mile with village store and Angelos restaurant, Duffield is 2 miles away with 1 supermarket and a few pubs. Derby the main city with its many bars nightlife or Westfield shopping centre, Matlock the sea side town of Derbyshire is 20 min in car and Alton Towers and Chatsworth House are about 30 mins away.
The Gate House is near to lots of restaurants, bank, supermarkets etc yet still remains in its own grounds. Places of interest include Chatsworth House, Alton Towers, Malock, Asbourne, Dovedale. All these are within 30 mins by car. There are Indian restaurants takeaways Chinese, Italian or pub meals all about 2 miles away although the two real ale pubs are within walking distance. One is the Holy Bush which serves meals every lunch from 12 -2. 30. If you want more of a lively nightlife then Derby is the place with lots of bars and restaurants and nightclubs.
- Booking Notes:
To book the GateHouse we would require a 1/3 deposit and the remaining payment 8 weeks prior to your stay.A full deposit is returnable 1 week before your stay
Change over day is flexible depending on the booking, guest must depart from the property at 10.00 am and can arrive at 4.00 pm although if they call The Gate House you maybe able to occupy the property earlier 07973359884
Notes on prices:
A 1/3 deposit to confirm bookings and the balance 8 weeks prior to your stay Housekeeping deposit of £250 is required either with the balance or prior to your stay this is returned after 5 days
3 night /4 day breaks /OUT OF SEASON
1ST NOV -22nd MAR 2014
1ST NOV -22nd MAR 2014
all at a cost of £1850.00
3 night breaks can be taken and the price would be 75% of the weekly rate for that month for example
Summer costs £3250 for the week x75%=£2437.50 PER weekend
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- pets considered
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Bed 1 ensuite with bath large shower, toilet, basin bed 2 ensuite shower, toilet, basin bed 3 ensuite shower, toilet, basin bed 4 ensuite shower, toilet, basin main bathroom large shower , bath, toilet, 2 basins
- 6 Bedrooms, Sleeps 18
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Bedroom 6
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 18 (6 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bed 1 1 Double And 1 Single bed 2 1 Double bed 3 1 Double bed 4 1 Double bed 5 1 Double and 1 single or 3 singles bed 6 1 Double And 4 Singles Or 2 Double And 1 Single Z/l Or 6 singles
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: The first thing that strikes you when you walk into this beautiful house is the impressive oak staircase which leads to the first floor. There you will find a very comfortable open plan kitchen /lounge ideal to relax with your friends and family with flat screen TV satellite package and well equipped kitchen and Utility Three further bedrooms all with free sat tv and a luxury bathroom with large shower, double basins and bath. Most rooms lead out to the large gardens were you will find a large decked area and balcony terrace. The garden host another raised area with duck pond (child safe)and terrace for BBQ. All which lead to fields at the back. A second lounge/sitting room on the ground floor has a real fire and Grand piano for those who like a bit of peace and quiet. This leads off to the luxury pool /Sauna and gym were you can relax with the morning papers and simply laze by the pool on one of the sunbeds. There are 3 further bedrooms on the ground floor all en-suite. Outside: The large gardens host a raised area with flat lawn and folly pond and duck pond [child friendly] ideal for BBQ which leads through a walkway pergola to a large decking area with terrace. The gardens are fully equipped with lighting and our furry friends the chickens and the ducks. To the front of the property there is a patio area that leads from the indoor pool. We have all patio furniture for those alfresco nights with hot tub just outside the spa area is great for the stary nights Utility Room: Sink, microwave, washing machine, dryer and lots of cupboard space. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen are included although it I advised to bring some towels for the swimming pool use. All linen changed weekly or on request. Other: All the bed rooms are warm and cosy with underfloor heating. On the ground floor there is another real fire with piano and seating area this then leads to the indoor swimming pool,Sauna ,Hot Tub,changing rooms and Gym.