Farmhouse in Alston, Nr. Brampton, Cumbria, England - Located In The North Pennines Area Of Outstanding Natural Beauty, 1 Mile Walk From Alston
Corby Gates Farm, is a working sheep farm in an area of outstanding natural beauty. It is less than a mile via a bridle path through the fields of the farm to Alston, England’s highest Market Town with its cobbled streets, shops, galleries and pubs. Our large traditional Cumbrian farmhouse sleeps 16 people comfortably. The property compromises of: • 5 Double Rooms • 3 Twin Rooms • 3 Bathrooms 2 with baths and each with showers • Large Farmhouse Kitchen • Large Lounge. The Bedrooms. Each of the bedrooms retains the original features of the house. The rooms are finished to a high standard. The Kitchen. The large farmhouse kitchen with stone flagged floor and oak beams forms the heart of the house. The opposite end of the kitchen has a cosy seating area with wood burning stove making this area the focal point of the house. The Lounge. This comfy seating area contains sufficient seating for all 16 guests.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
Colin, Frankie and Family have lived on the farm for over 30 years now. Our home is a working sheep farm. We have renovated the large farmhouse to a high standard and we welcome you to our family home.
Guestbook comments from the owner
"Thank you for a beautiful stay, had a terrific week sharing our parents 50th wedding anniversary. The cottage and views are stunning and the hosts couldn't have been more welcoming."
"Corby Gates retains its own historic integrity whilst providing excellent modern provisions for a full house of 16. Thanks for your warm welcome and to the sheep for their shearing display."
"We couldn't have wished for a better was to celebrate 40th/70th birthdays. The house is really special and the family couldn't have been more welcoming and helpful. It's a weekend we'll all never forget."
"Thanks for the wonderful time in this lovely house - especially enjoyed the lambing experience and spending time talking to the Robertson family."
2 holidaymaker reviews
Absolutely fantastic long weekend, beautiful home and surroundings, hosts couldn't be any more welcoming or helpful. Absolutely gutted we had to leave, already looking forward to going back
Great Week End
Have just spent a fantastic Easter week end at this lovely 8 bedroom farmhouse. The property is everything you would wish for a big family get together. All the rooms are very well furnished, fantastic Big kitchen with large table and chairs with everything you will need.
From the Owner
“We didn't buy this property to be a holiday let this is part of our family home and farm. We hope you will enjoy the farms setting and our sympathetically renovated property that boast all the modern conviences alongside traditional features.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Bespoke outdoor adventure breaks
We work in partnership with North Pennines Training & Adventure to offer bespoke Outdoor Adventure Breaks. Their team of fully qualified staff can offer expert tuition and guidance in many outdoor activities including:
• Mine Exploration
• Guided Walks
• Open Canoeing
If you have a particular idea for your own outdoor adventure break please get in touch via telephone and we will endeavour to make it a reality.
From the M6 the farmhouse is 30 minutes away along the Hartside Pass (A686), voted one of the AA's top 10 drives in the world. From the A1 the farmhouse is 1 hours drive passing through Hexham Market Town and in our opinion the views are equally breathtaking.
Our nearest train station from the West is Langwathby or Penrith, from the East you could head to Hexham or Newcastle. We are approximately 30-40 minutes taxi ride from Hexham or Penrith.
Within Ten Minutes of the Farm House
• Alston Town
• South Tynedale Railway
• Killhope Lead Mine
• Alston Golf Club
• Ashgill Force
• The Hub, vintage vehicles
• St John’s Swimming Pool
• Hadrian’s Wall
• Ullswater and Northern Lakes
• Keilder Water
• High Force
• Melmerby Village Bakery
• Rheghed Centre
• Eden Ostrich World
• Settle Carlisle Railway
Things to do
This is a fantastic region for walkers, there is a vast network of footpaths including the Pennine Way and magnificent treks to the top of Crossfell and High Cup Nick. For those who prefer a gentler stroll there are equally breathtaking views that can be enjoyed on one of the many shorter trails throughout the local area. There are also bridleways and cycle tracks including the famous C2C cycle way just a mile from the farm gate.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
7 Oct 2016 - 27 Oct 2016
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
28 Oct 2016 - 15 Dec 2016
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
To arrange your holiday, short break or outdoor adventure holiday please contact us via telephone.
When you call us we will be able to confirm availability of the property and prices for your chosen break. We would also be pleased to offer you any further information you may need.
A deposit of £350 is required to secure your booking and the balance is payable 8 weeks before your break commences.
We ask for a £300 security deposit which is payable 10 days before your arrival.
Our preferred changeover day is Friday. Arrivals are 4.00pm on Friday and you are required to have left the property by 10.00am on day of departure.
Notes on prices:
We try to accommodate 2 night breaks where possible. Please contact us by telephone for availability, prices for 2 night breaks start at £850.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“You are on site and welcome to enjoy the farm experience if you wish. We believe our property offers a really good venue for family celebrations and get togethers as we are located centrally in the country. The house itself boasts a large kitchen with dining table capable of seating 16 people comfortably. We also have a large lounge which again has sufficient comfy seating for all 16 guests.”
- Farm Holidays
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- children welcome
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Downstairs Bathroom with double shower, wc & wash basin Upstairs Bathroom 1 with large roll top bath, shower, wc & wash basin Upstairs Bathroom 2 with bath, shower, wc & wash basin.
- 8 Bedrooms, Sleeps 16
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Bedroom 6
- Bedroom 7
- Bedroom 8
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 16 (8 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1: double bed Bedroom 2: twin beds Bedroom 3: twin beds Bedroom 4: double bed Bedroom 5: double bed - ground floor Bedroom 6: double bed - ground floor Bedroom 7: twin beds Bedroom 8: double bed
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Notes on accommodation: We can at times accommodate a well behaved pet but this must be discussed with us prior to booking as we are a working sheep farm. Outside: The house has a large garden with patio where you can enjoy the views and relax. We provide some outdoor seating for your use including a picnic table. Ball games can be played in an adjoining paddock area next to the house. If you would like use of this area we ask that you arrange it at time of booking. The footpath to Alston passes near to the house giving you direct access to the local town and shops. Utility Room: There is ample storage for boots and coats in the centrally heated utility room located off the kitchen area. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bed linen is provided for all beds. Towels can hired if requested at time of booking. Other: There is parking for 8 cars adjacent to the property.