Cottage in Osmington, Nr. Weymouth, Dorset, England - Cottage In Osmington Near The Jurassic Coast
The Cartshed is available for weekly lets, and is located on a very quiet no through road in pretty Osmington village. It is ideally suited for walks to the white horse, and along the coast path towards Lulworth (E) and Weymouth (W). Clients have the added benefit of private parking at Eweleaze Farm for access to the secluded beach. Named 'The Cartshed', it has been converted from an old barn. It retains a sense of history both inside and out, with its stone walls and flagstone floors. There is accommodation for six people plus a cot.
About the Owner
Activity and Interests
The cottage is within close distance to many beautiful beaches including Weymouth, Ringstead, Osmington Mills. All within a 15 minute drive or less.
Directions: Located off the A353 Weymouth to Osmington road.
From the West from (Weymouth): Osmington. On entering the village you will see the Sunray pub, turn left before the pub, into Church Lane. The Cartshed is located ½ mile down on the right
From the East (A35): take the B3390 and A353 to Osmington. On entering the village you will see the Sunray pub on the right hand side. Take the right turning after the pub into Church Lane. The Cartshed is located ½ mile down on the right.
The Cartshed is located a 15 minute drive from Weymouth town centre and Georgian seafront and beautiful harbour.
The Isle of Portland is is a 30 minute drive for Portland Market on Thursdays or a visit to Portland Bill Lighthouse or Weymouth & Portland National Sailing Academy, home to 2012 Sailing Olympics.
The historic town of Dorchester is 20 minute drive and holds a farmers market every Wednesday.
- Booking Notes:
A deposit of £100 is required to secure a booking with the balance being paid in full at least 6 weeks prior to the stay.
The rental price includes linen, towels and bedding.
Checking in is 2pm onwards and checking out is by 10.30am onwards unless otherwise arranged.
The Catshed is available for weekly lets (Saturday - Saturday).
In addition shorter breaks can be arranged out of season.
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- pets considered
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom Like the rest of the cottage the bathroom has many unusual period features, including traditional bath and shower fittings.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Main Bedroom The main bedroom has a king sized bed. Like the living room it has a polished wooden floor with hand made rugs. There is a cot available if required. Second Bedroom The second bedroom has full sized bunk beds and plenty of storage.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: Pets are welcome No smoking inside the cottage Bring your Sky card for extra channels Organic beef and lamb available from Eweleaze Farm all year round Range of organic produce available at the farm shop (currently July & Aug only) Free dog! - borrow a collie from us at Eweleaze Farm to keep you entertained on walks or the beach Outside: The front garden is enclosed by a stone wall and gate, and includes off road parking for two cars, a pond & stream (both guarded), and a swing for the kids (and the adults!). The secluded back garden (right) is enclosed with hedges, and has a small patio with seating and barbecue, a lawn area with clothes line, and parking for a further vehicle if necessary. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels & linen are provided. Other: The living room has a vaulted ceiling, and a mezzanine floor above the fireplace. This is accessed via a ladder to reach sleeping accommodation for two people - a double futon bed.