Apartment in Villars, Vaud, Switzerland - Located In The Private Domaine de Rochegrise, 1 minute From The Exclusive Chalet Royalp Spa
The apartment combines the charm of a traditional chalet with the luxury of contemporary furnishings, fixtures and fittings.
About the Owner
About Robert Colwell
I used to work in Vevey for ten years and knew the area very well. I fell in love with Villars the first time I visited and bought the apartment for my young family to enjoy summer and winter holidays. Both my sons have grown up learning to ski in Villars but are equally as happy in the resort's sports centre in the summer with it's bowling alley, indoor/outdoor swimming pool, ice rink and much more. They even enjoy hiking up the many mountain paths now they're a bit older.
Activity and Interests
Geneva airport is 1.5 hours car drive to Villars. This is motorway most of the way, with approx 20 mins up the mountain. Trains run direct from the airport, stop at Aigle and take taxi or bus to Villars, or stop at Bex for the train to Villars which winds up the mountain. Sion airport (mostly charter Winter season) is also about the same distance. By car from Calais approx 10 hours dependant on stops. Snow chains are required in case snow is deep.
30 mins drive to Montreux. Many attractive towns and villages on Lake Geneva. Vevey (next to Montreux) is good with big Saturday open market, street art/theatre and culture. Local wine tasting and bands (Saturday morning). Steamer ships for lake trips. On the hills below Villars at Ollon are many vineyards, and wineries’. 30 minutes from Lavey les Bains - wonderful open air baths. You can also be on the slopes in Verbier within 60 minutes via Le Chable.
Tourist office in Villars has all information on cycling, golf, horse riding, mountain biking, mountaineering, paragliding, swimming, tennis, walking and of course everything to do with skiing.
- Booking Notes:
Bookings are handled in resort by Interhome. Please use this link to check latest prices and availability:
Or visit www.interhome.ch and enter property number CH1884.763.1 in the box in the top left corner.
Saturdays but is sometimes flexible depending on the season
Notes on prices:
Within reason we are prepared to negotiate for fewer days or longer periods of stay.
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible ...
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Ensuite bath room to master bedroom has twin basins set in granite, bath, shower and WC. The second bathroom, off the lobby, has a single basin set in granite, shower and WC.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Two bedrooms. One with double bed and bathroom ensuite. The other with two sets of bunk beds.
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Max. occupancy: 6
- pets considered
- children welcome
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: This is a no smoking apartment. There is a ski room on the ground floor with your own locker. The gym has separate toilets and shower. The sauna is bookable in advance for private use and also has it's own shower and toilet. The wine cellar dining room can also be booked in advance for private use and has a large dining table that will seat 8-10 guests and a hotplate. Outside: There is a large garden to the front of the apartment and a smaller one at the back. Garden furniture: a table, 4 chairs and 2 recliners/sun loungers. Utility Room: Two heavy duty washing machines and two separate dryers in the utility room one floor down in the lift. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: The apartment is cleaned at the beginning and end of the week and clean linen and towels supplied for each visit. These are supplied by Interhome who also look after any maintenance issues as well as providing general help and assistance. Other: The large lobby accommodates a closet to hang coats etc. Plus a cupboard for the ironing board. Heating controls and video entryphone are also in the lobby.