Cottage in Batcombe, Nr. Bruton, Somerset, England - Picturesque Village Location Within Easy Reach Of Bath And Wells
Our 18th Century cottage is located in a picturesque Somerset village with the fantastic village pub with restaurant - The Three Horseshoes Inn and just 25 minutes drive from the City of Bath and 25 minutes drive from the City of Wells. We are a five minute drive from Bruton, location of The Chapel Bakery + Restaurant and the new Hauser and Wirth Somerset Gallery. In the adjacent village of Westcombe, a ten minute walk away, you can visit the award winning Westcombe Diary where they make cheddar, ricotta and caerphilly from their very own cows' milk. In the same location is the micro-brewery Wild Beer Company. Sleeping six people in three bedrooms (one double, a zip-link twin and a bunk) it is perfect for a country cottage holiday.
About the Owner
The cottage has been in our family for nearly 40 years and, as children ourselves, we used to enjoy long summer holidays here. Now with our own children we love to return and have grown to know and love this very pretty part of Somerset.
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
There are some fantastic walks from the cottage ranging from a little half hour potter for smaller legs via the swings to all day circular hikes.
Lyme Regis beach - 1 hour 20 mins. Very pretty seaside town with lovely promenade, harbour and sandy beach. Worth the drive.
Also Weston and Burnham beaches - 1 hours drive.
Use of car essential.
Bristol Airport - 1 hour
Heathrow Airport - 2 hours 10 mins
Gatwick Airport - 2 hours 30 mins
City of Bath - 25 mins
City of Wells - 25 mins
Glastonbury (Abbey town and Clarks Shopping Village) - 30 mins
Wookey Hole and Cheddar Gorge Caves - 40 minutes
Royal Bath and West Show Ground - 10 mins
East Somerset Steam Railway - 5 mins
Nunney Castle - 10 mins
Longleat House and Safari Park - 20 mins
Stourhead National Trust - 20 mins
Pretty market towns of Castle Cary and Frome - 15 mins
Hauser and Wirth Somerset Gallery Bruton - 10 mins
Fantastic Three Horse Shoes Pub with restaurant in our village - 5 minutes walk
The Chapel Bakery Restaurant Cafe, Bruton - 5 mins drive
Westcombe Dairy - cheddar, ricotta, caerphilly - 10 min walk
Westcombe Wild Beer Company - 10 minute walk
Hauser and Wirth Somerset Gallery Bruton - 5 minute drive
Wells Farmers' Market (Wednesday morning)
Whitstone Fish and Chips, Shepton Mallet - 10 mins drive
Sainsbury's - Frome - 10 mins
Tesco's - Shepton Mallet - 10 mins
Many of the local supermarkets also deliver to the cottage
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
Autumn half term
21 Oct 2016 - 30 Oct 2016
Changeover Day: Friday
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£100|
The minimum stay at the property is 3 nights (arrival Friday leave Monday) and a week during school holidays.
50% of booking price payable in advance to secure the booking.
Balance 4 weeks from arrival.
£100 deposit to cover excessive breakages or cleaning (returnable should there be no problems).
Cash, cheque or bank transfer only.
Change over day is Friday (unless by arrangement).
Please arrive after 4pm and depart by 10am.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Our young family particularly love the East Somerset Steam Railway and Nunney Castle, my husband loves the nearby golf and we all love the fantastic local walks, pretty market towns and going for a coffee and almond croissant at The Chapel Bakery in Bruton. The cottage itself is enjoyable too with its log burning stove, selection of board games and fantastic local pub a 5 minute walk away. Whilst being easily accessible the village itself feels a million miles away from the hussle and bussle of everyday life - perfect for a country cottage holiday.”
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Wood Stove
- Coffee Maker ...
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- children welcome
- botanical garden
- recreation centre
- theme parks
- horse riding
- outlet shopping
- scenic drives
Local Services & Businesses
- laundrette - serviced
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- freshwater fishing
- mountain biking
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower
- Newly refurbished family bathroom with wc, sink, bath, electric power shower, heated towel rail and fantastic views over open fields. There is an additional separate WC.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Large Double Bed
- Bedroom 2 - 2 Single Bed
- Bedroom 3 - 2 Single Bed, this room has bunk beds
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom one with kingsize double bed, bedroom two with twin beds and bedroom three with bunk beds.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: Wi-Fi is available for guests. High chair and plastic plates provided. There is space for a travel cot in the bunk room or the twin room (please bring your own). There are toys for children and board games for grown-ups including the Somerset edition of Monopoly - great for a fire-side battle! Not suitable for pets. No smoking. Outside: Outside there is a patio with outside table and chairs and a garden laid to lawn. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: The bed sizes are 5ft, 2 x 2ft 6in wide and the bunks are 3ft wide. Towels and linen are not included so please bring your own. Cleaning is carried out on Friday morning at 10am.