Apartment in Anstruther, Nr. St Andrews, Fife, Scotland - Beautiful Location In The Pretty 'East Neuk' Area Of Fife, Lots Of Activities And Local Interest
The Boathouse Apartment is on the first and second floors of The Boathouse, a contemporary coffee bar bistro and beer and wine bar. The first floor offers a brand new open plan kitchen leading on to a 'knocked through' living room and dining room with large picture windows looking out over the harbour. A large, bright family room to the rear provides additional high quality living space. There is also a shower room/loo on this floor. Three double bedrooms on the second floor complete the apartment. Two are on the shore side with breathtaking harbour views. The third, which faces to the rear, has an ensuite bathroom.
Top Traveller Review
Great holiday experience in Scotland
About the Owner
The owners of the Boathouse Apartment currently own and operate The Boathouse, a new coffee bar/bistro and beer and wine bar on Anstruther Shore. They live locally and love this area. Their married life is split between business and pleasure - with family, sailing, walking and golf all high on their homelife agenda. Both enjoyed professional careers prior to committing fully to the new business, home and the stress-free life of the East Neuk of Fife.
5 based on 2 holidaymaker reviews
Great holiday experience in Scotland
House is very big and comfortable, the view in the mornings is amazing to the harbour and the ocean. Calm and quiet area, easy access to historic places, people are friendly and you can visit lots of interesting and beautiful places.
We thoroughly enjoyed our three night stay at The Boathouse in Anstruther. The location was exceptional with a view out over the harbour, it was very enjoyable watching the world go by. Linda and Craig were very helpful and friendly and we can recommend their adjoining Boathouse Bistro for a great meal. The property itself is very spacious (we were a party of four) and well appointed, although we did find it difficult to connect to the wi-fi. We would not hesitate to return for another stay, the area is very interesting and we loved exploring the neighbouring villages.
From the Owner
“The East Neuk is a hidden and undervalued gem in Scotland's holiday crown. It offers a wonderful environment where the land meets the sea. The area managed to escape the worst ravages of development in the 20th century and survives as a comfortable interface between the old and the new. Fishing continues as it has for hundreds of years; arts and culture abound; Scotland's oldest university is within 10 miles; and on-line businesses build and grow taking advantage of broadband links to their markets. We never tire of the area and what it has to offer to residents and visitors alike.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
The Boathouse can provide access to a wide range of activities. These include cycle hire, guided walks, sea fishing, trips to the Isle of May, archery, canoeing. These can be booked and guides can be provided for walks, etc through The Boathouse.
The apartment is beside the harbour. A small beach is within 200 yards and a wonderful rocky coast line is there to explore. The Fife Coastal Path runs past the door.
Express buses serve the town with the most direct coming from Edinburgh. The nearest railway station is 15 miles. Transfers can be arranged on arrival and departure.
St Andrews -10 miles. Edinburgh - 45 miles. Dundee - 22 miles. Perth - 38 miles.
Anstruther's bustling harbour front - The Shore - provides a good selection of bars and eateries. The local coop supermarket is less than half a mile distant. The nationally significant Scottish Fisheries Museum is 100 yards away.
Heading north east on the coastal path takes you through Celalrdyke and out to Crail and Fife Ness beyond. Head south west and you encounter the beautiful villages, coastline and beaches as you reach Pittenweem, St Monans and Elie.
- Booking Notes:
Email or call Susan Taylor. Susan will make sure that you can book quickly and easily and will deal with any additional requests that you have. All bookings require a 20% deposit. This is returned in full if you cancel more than 6 weeks in advance but is forfeited if you cancel beyond that date. The full rental amount plus a £100 security deposit (£50 for short breaks) is payable 21 days prior to arrival. Security deposits are returned after satisfactory inspection - usually within 5 days.
The usual day for changeover is Saturday. Off season, it may be possible to vary this.
Notes on prices:
Weekend (Friday to Sunday nights inclusive) and mid week breaks (Monday to Thursday nights inclusive) where less than 7 days minimum is indicated. The rates for these breaks are 60% of the weekly rate at that time.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The location of the property is a real benefit. For those who want a seaside holiday, it offers fantastic views, access to beaches and the front door leads out onto what can be argued to be Scotland's prettiest yacht and fishing harbour.”
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- One of the two bathrooms is on the first floor and the other is on the second (en suite). The first is a shower room and loo. The other is has a bath and loo.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 7 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: The bedrooms are all of a good size. Two have double beds and the third has two twin beds. A further single bed can be made available on request at no extra charge.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: The harbour side properties in Anstruther are part of the Anstruther Conservation area. Anstruther Wester and Anstruther Easter were elevated to the rank of royal burghs in the 1580’s. The Anstruther coat of arms reflects the bond with the sea including a salmon for Anstruther Wester and an anchor for Anstruther Easter. The oldest part of the current property (the stone spiral stair case) dates back to 1650. The overall current building was formerly part of an old coaching inn. Outside: The apartment does not have a garden but there is plenty of relaxation and public circulation space on the pretty harbour side right outside the front door. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen are included. The apartment is cleaned for your arrival and should be left clean on departure. For stays of more than one week, a complementary weekly clean is included. Additional maid service is available for a reasonable supplement. Other: The dining room area has a six seater dining table and chairs. The second living room has a flat screen television, comfortable seating, tables and book cases with a good selection of books, games and DVDs. (And a good selection of local information.)