Apartment in Lourmarin, Luberon National Park, Vaucluse, Provence-Alpes-Cote DAzur, France - Experience Daily Village Life In This Unique And Comfortable Pied-a-terre
This loft-like one-bedroom apartment is located right in the heart of Lourmarin, officially recognised as one of the most beautiful villages in France. "Le Loft" overlooks the picturesque village square, faces south and is very light, with high ceilings and large casement windows. Located between a quiet side street and Lourmarin's main square, Le Loft is situated in a historic building that was one of the few grand patrician houses of the village. The entrance and staircase to the apartment have a certain faded charm, but Le Loft itself is renovated to combine the best of the character of the building and modern comforts. The apartment has been furnished with an eclectic, yet harmonious assortment of antiques and bric-a-brac, contemporary furnishings and objects d'art. It provides comfortable accommodation for a couple. From Le Loft, guests can watch the world go by, and then slip down to the café terrace for a meal or a glass of wine.
Top Traveller Review
The perfect Location
About the Owner
About the owners: We've been living in the Luberon for.....so many years. Twenty-four to be exact. In fact, our daughter who is just about that age now was born here. So was our son, Pierre, who is now 6'3" and 18 years old. Anyway, we love the life we have in Lourmarin. We eat very well, drink good wine almost every day and we've made lots of wonderful friends from all over the world running our rental business here.
Guestbook comments from the owner
Absolutely loved our stay at Le Loft in Lourmarin! Such a cosy place to call home for a week, and an absolute delight to return to each day after sight-seeing. The photos on the Internet made it look lovely, and it was even more lovely in "real life"!
K & J from Brantford Ontario Canada
Having spent a week at "Le Loft" in Lourmarin, we found we miss the excitement of spending each night in an unfamiliar town, searching for a place to park, arguing about which direction we might find a hotel, then engineering our luggage into a room large enough to fit only a bed and a desk. I feel guilty lounging on Le Loft sofa in a room larger than most of our hotels. We did have a wonderful time and thoroughly enjoyed meeting Joseph, Elisabeth & the dogs. We recommend this apartment for anyone interested in visiting Provence and having a great experience. From Lourmarin we visited many cute and interesting villages, and also hiked several trails.
Rob Costantino, Milford, New Hampshire.
1 holidaymaker review
The perfect Location
Everything about our stay lived up to - and even exceeded our expectations; booking was easy, the information was excellent; our welcome was warm; the flat access was easy, location perfect, facilities were as described and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay in the Loft. Lourmarin is a charming, bijoux, manicured village, and the flat reflected the town's ethos. Recommended.
From the Owner
“Lourmarin is our home, and our favourite village. It is lively, yet historic, popular with locals as well as visitors, and has a real year-round vitality. We were so lucky to be able to buy this apartment! Le Loft has remarkable advantages - it is located in the prettiest building on the prettiest square in Lourmarin, and it has enormous character. It has high ceilings (unusual in a village house) huge windows (also unusual) and beautiful plaster mouldings of fruit and flowers trimming all the main rooms. It gives our guests the opportunity to live the Provençal village life. Many make friends with locals, and all enjoy the baguettes and the croissants from Stéphane Riquier's amazing bakery.”
Activity and Interests
It is an hour's drive to Cassis, which is a delightful fishing village with a beach on the Mediterranean, south of Aix-en-Provence. There are swimming holes and lakes within fifteen minutes of Lourmarin, and the big lakes - Esparron and Sainte Croix - an hour away towards the Alps. There is a public swimming pool in the village, too (summer only).
Marseille airport is less than an hour from Lourmarin. Nimes is about an hour and a half, and Nice is two and a half hours away. Aix-en-Provence TGV station is 40 minutes away, and Avignon TGV is 50 minutes. There are slightly more frequent trains in and out of Avignon than Aix. You really should have a car here to explore everything there is to explore, as public transport is slow and infrequent.
Lourmarin is very centrally placed for exploring Provence. Distance to major attractions: Aix 24 miles, Avignon 44 miles, and Arles 52 miles. The hilltop villages of the Luberon - Bonnieux, Roussillon, Gordes on the north side, and Cucuron, Vaugines to the south are all within easy driving distance, as is the Cistercian Abbey of Senanque and the Gorges du Verdon.
Lourmarin is a very special place. There is a Renaissance Château hosting concerts and other cultural events, there are fifteen restaurants, many art galleries and small boutiques. There is a wonderful bakery and a couple of small grocery stores, as well as a pharmacy, a couple of doctors, a Post Office, a newspaper-tobacconists, and an ATM. The nearest supermarket is a mile or so away. The Friday market is one of the best in the region. And there are three Michelin-starred restaurants within fifteen minutes drive.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
At the time of booking, we ask for a 50% deposit, with the balance due a month before arrival. This is payable through Paypal, using a credit card, or we can also accept cheques in GB£, US$ or Euros. We do not ask for a damages deposit.
Our changeover day is Saturday. However, because of demand, we have recently started offering short stay/ half-week rentals of either three or four nights by cutting the week into two halves, each half beginning or ending on a Saturday.
Notes on prices:
Our prices include all taxes, as well as weekly cleaning, all linen and towels and WiFi Internet access. We also offer half-week stays of 3 or 4 days, beginning or ending on a Saturday, at a slightly higher rate. Please ask us about long stay rates.
- Available arrival
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- pets considered
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- The bathroom is en suite to the bedroom. It is small but functional, and has a shower, a WC and a washbasin.
- 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 2
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 2 (1 Bedroom) Notes on bedrooms: The bedroom looks out onto a quiet side street. It has a queen-size, carpenter-built bed with a high-quality mattress and fine bedding, a chest-of-drawers and a fitted closet. We can add a cot or folding bed for a child.
- Notes on accommodation: The apartment is on the first (upper) floor, up a wide old tiled staircase. Although it looks out onto the place de l'Ormeau, in the centre of the village, please remember that this is a small, peaceful village, there is little traffic (and none at all on Friday mornings, Saturday & Sunday) and therefore noise is not a problem. In fact, Le Loft is a wonderful place for people-watching from the large windows overlooking the square, and of course you can always close the louvred shutters. The bedroom is at the back, overlooking a quiet side-street. Outside: Le Loft does not have a private terrace, but since the Café de l'Ormeau is just outside the door, there are plenty of sitting out opportunities. There are also two other café terraces within yards of the front door. Utility Room: There is a laundry room 200 yards from Le Loft, which is shared with our other village apartment, the Petite Maison. It contains a washer and dryer. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All towels and linens are included in the price, as is weekly cleaning. If guests have special requests we do our best to fulfil them.