House in La Chapelle Montbrandeix, Rochechouart, Haute-Vienne, Limousin, France - Village Location, 10 Minutes To Nearest Lake With Beach
Situated in the heart of the village of La Chapelle Montbrandeix this converted bakery is an ideal holiday base for one or two families. The house has been restored to a high standard offering comfortable living accommodation in the traditional French style with stone walls and exposed wooden beams. It's location within the Perigord National Park allows you to access this stunning region of France with its many lakes, forests and beautiful villages either on foot, by bicycle or by car. The village itself has a popular bar/restaurant and children's play area (all within 2min walk). All other amenities including supermarket, pharmacy, restaurants, bakery etc are 6km away at Cussac. With only a short 15min drive you will be at the nearest lake with man made beach, water sports and play area. Golf and fishing are available locally.
About the Owner
We are 2 families that met when our children were babies and have been firm friends since. After holidaying together in this beautiful part of France, we fell in love with it - took the plunge to buy this house together and have never looked back.
From the Owner
“This part of France has amazing scenery with hills, forests and lakes. It is very tranquil and unspoilt for a relaxing holiday but there are plenty of activities if you want to be more energetic. We love the fact that one day we might chill out on the decking with a barbeque while the children play in the pool but the next day you will find us cycling round a lake, tree climbing, on a zip wire or hiking up a hill!”
Activity and Interests
The property is only a short drive to many lakes that have man-made beaches. Each provides roped off areas for swimming during the summer months when there are lifeguards on duty. Most have kayaks and pedalos for hire, crazy golf, children's play area, restaurant/bar, picnic tables, BBQ and table tennis.
Our favourite's are....
St Mathieu (10min)
St Saud (15min)
St Estephe (20min)
Bussiere Galant (25min) - location for tree climbing, velo rail and zip wire across the lake at Espace Hermeli
The drive from Calais takes approx 8 hours (500km) so depending on where you are in the UK it is possible to reach the house within a day.
If you prefer to fly the nearest airport is Limoges (25mins) and car hire is available from the airport. Other local airports include Bergerac, Angouleme and Bordeaux.
The TGV also runs to Limoges and Angouleme using the Eurostar from London.
As the house is in the centre of the village there is easy access to the bar/restaurant.
The nearest supermarket is only 6km away at Cussac where you will also find a pharmacy, bars/restaurants, bakery etc. Larger supermarkets are at Nontron 19km.
The region offers so much variety that you'll never be short of things to do during your holiday.
It is on the route Richard Coeur de Lyon so you can follow his trail through many historic towns and castles.
Sporting activities include golf (see above), fishing (you can obtain a daily fishing permit to the village lake), swimming/water sports and there are extensive tracks for either walking or mountain biking. For more a gentler pace there are a number of cycle tracks that follow disused railway lines (Voies vert - at Chalus/Oradour or St Pardoux) - bicycle hire available.
There are various local open markets. The nearest and very popular one at Piegut (only 14km) is every Wednesday morning. Great for sampling local produce and soaking up the atmosphere. A great way to sample French life is to attend one of the local producers night markets (St Matthieu, Champniers et Rheillac) that take place weekly during the summer months. This involves selecting your own local food to have barbecued, then listening to the band in the village square whilst drinking wine as you watch the sun go down!
Often refered to as the 'Venice of the Dordogne' the picturesque town of Brantome is only a 45min drive away. Famous for its Abbey, restaurants and delightful shops set on the River Dronne. Kayaking available - a pleasant way to spend an afternoon taking in the scenery.
Worthy of a visit is the site of the WW2 massacre at Oradour-sur-Glane where the village has been preserved in its ruined state. Also nearby (30min) is St Jean de Cole, officially classed as one of the prettiest villages in France. The underground caves, Grottes de Villars, are a fascinating visitor attraction with its prehistoric paintings and rock formations (35mins).
As the capital of the region, Limoges is worth spending the day visiting, as are the nearby cities of Angouleme, Perigeux and Bordeaux.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
11 Sep 2016 - 23 Dec 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
A 25% deposit is payable on booking with the balance to be paid 8 weeks before arrival. A security deposit of £250 is payable to cover damage/breakages/extra cleaning and will be returned within 2 weeks of departure subject to a satisfactory property check.
Changeover day is usually a Saturday, although we are flexible so please contact us. To allow for cleaning of property we ask that guests arrive no earlier than 4pm and depart no later than 10am, unless agreed otherwise by prior arrangement.
Notes on prices:
Lettings preferably minimum of a week but happy to discuss shorter lets based on availability.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The house is easily accessible via low cost airlines to Limoges or driveable in a day. You just need to pack a few clothes as our home from home has everything you need for a wonderful holiday. It doesn't take long to relax and unwind in beautiful surroundings.”
- Ceiling Fans
- Hair Dryer
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Books ...
- Satellite / Cable
- Toys ...
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Private Pool ...
- children welcome
- wheelchair inaccessible
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- En-suite bathroom to bedroom 1 with shower & WC Main bathroom with bath, shower over & WC Downstairs WC
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with king size bed and en-suite, wardrobe & chest of drawers Bedroom 2 with king size bed, wardrobe & chest of drawers Bedroom 3 with twin beds & chest of drawers Bedroom 4 with twin beds & chest of drawers
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: The property contains most items that you would require during your stay. Travel cot and high chair available. It would be ideal for either a couple, one or two families or small groups. For the cooler months the property has full central heating, the cost of which is fully included in your rent. Outside: The garden is at first floor level and can be accessed from either the stairs that lead out from the living room, from the side of the house or directly from the main bedroom upstairs. There is a pool (5m wide x 1m deep ), decked area and lawn. The pool is available during the summer months and can be heated during your stay if you require. For outside dining there is a large table with chairs and a BBQ is available for your use. There are also relaxing sun loungers and a parasol to provide shade. In the summer months the garden is a real sun trap from first thing in the morning until early evening meaning that, should you wish, all meals can be eaten outside! Once the sun goes down there is outside ambient lighting or you can simply enjoy listening to the owls or gaze at the stars! The garden is fully enclosed and can be secured with a lockable gate at the side of the house. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and bed linen provided for all guests. The house is cleaned prior to your arrival and on departure. Pool/beach towels are available for your use. Cleaning materials are also provided. Other: Cloakroom area at the foot of the stairs and downstairs WC.