Beautiful two bedroomed house with stunning views and 6 minutes Stroll To Main Beach, Food Markets And To
Beautiful 2 bedroom house only 6 minutes stroll to town, main beach, food markets and restaurants and bars. Accommodation sleeps 4 in 2 bedrooms, and also comprises 2 bathrooms, downstairs WC, large kitchen, open plan living / dining area with working fireplace. Outside there is a covered terrace with private garden which leads to the communal garden with large swimming pool which is shared with the 7 other properties. Secure private parking for one car.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
We live in mid Sussex and work in London. Liz is half Catalan and has spent many holidays as a child, teenager and adult along the Costa Brava coast. We now go with our children and visit family and friends.
Liz purchased this house in 2013
Why Liz chose Baix Emporda
We like the beauty of the region, the lovely food and the easy travel to Barcelona. It's peaceful yet very close to the most beautiful beaches and coves in the region.
Sant Feliu, being a small town, is open all year round.
What makes this house unique
The house is close to all the local amenities, so a car is not necessary.
(1 traveller reviews)
A beautiful house with all the comforts of home. Very spacious and airy and a great balance of shade on the terrace and an abundance of sunshine in the garden and at the pool, which we mostly had to ourselves.
From the Owner
“We like the beauty of the region, the lovely food and the easy travel to Barcelona. It's peaceful yet very close to the most beautiful beaches and coves in the region. Sant Feliu, being a small town, is open all year round.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Girona: Capital of the province founded by the Romans. A sophisticated, interesting and lively city with a lovely old town, cathedral, museums, tapas bars and great shopping.
There are regular Sarfa buses to Barcelona which take about 90 minutes. The local Sarfa bus service runs regularly up and down the coast throughout the year.
The Costa Brava has lots of beautiful sandy beaches for the sun worshipper but also provides many smaller isolated rocky coves and beaches for the more adventurous who either want to explore the stunning walks which run through the pine tree covered coastline or partake in superb snorkelling or scuba diving.
Nearest AIRPORT - Girona: 25 Kilometres
Nearest MOTORWAY - AP7: 20 Kilometres
Nearest BEACH - Main Sant Feliu beach
Girona Airport is the closest drive at 30 minutes. For Barcelona or Perpignan Airports allow about a 90 minutes. Car hire is available from all airports.
Limited Sarfa buses direct from Barcelona airport which vary by season. Frequent buses from central Barcelona.
Alternatively we are able to organise reliable transportation to & from airports (ask for details).
Girona - 30 mins.
Barcelona - 75 mins drive. The city centre of Barcelona is a must to visit.
Figueras - Dali museum
Other beaches to visit are Calella de Palafrugell, Llafranc, Tamariu and Sa Tuna
Medieval towns of Bagur, Pals, Peratallada are also close by.
Sant Feliu de Guixols, a vibrant fishing town situated 100km from Barcelona and only 30km from Girona. It is set in a beautiful sheltered bay which has a long sandy beach with tree lined promenade and marina complex. With its numerous bars & restaurants (most of which stay open all year), you will always be able to find an ideal spot to while away an hour or two. The town hosts numerous and frequently free activities and exhibitions and is an ideal location to unwind with friends or family.
For those eating at home there are lovely local indoor & outdoor food markets selling a variety of meat, fish and fresh fruit & vegetables. There are also many bakeries, patisseries, and wine cellars as well as local supermarkets. For those wanting to eat out then there are a variety of restaurants offering from budget to gourmet cuisine.
To the north of Sant Feliu de Guixols (and a short bus or taxi ride) is the town of Playa d'Aro which offers extensive shopping, more bars and restaurants and a vibrant night life for those looking to dance the night away.
As well as the beautiful surrounding countryside which makes for excellent walking and biking, there are also many nearby medieval towns and villages; regular music festivals and carnivals for all tastes; Botanical gardens; and Art which including Gaudi and Picasso in Barcelona, Dali in Figueres and Mackintosh in Colliere.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Jul 2017 - 16 Sep 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£169|
A 25% deposit will secure your booking, the balance to be paid 8 weeks before your arrival. A damage deposit of €200 is required with the final payment or in cash on arrival, which is fully refundable if the house is left as it is found on arrival with no damage or breakages etc. Prices include unlimited WiFi.
Payment in Euro via Paypal/Spanish bank transfer or by UK bank transfer.
Travel cot & high chair available with advanced notice. Beach towels can be rented for a small charge.
Change-over day is normally Saturday in high season with a minimum 7 days booking. Bookings off season are a 4 night minimum charge. Arrival at the house after 4pm on arrival date & depart before 10am on the departure date.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in Euros for high season. Pay for four nights in low season and get additional nights at a 50% discount (excludes June).
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The house is close to all the local amenities, so a car is not necessary.”
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- children welcome
- near the sea
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- mountain biking
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Main bathroom with bath with shower above bath, WC, bidet and basin. En-suite bathroom (which can be used as general bathroom as has inner door to master bedroom) with bath with shower above bath, WC, bidet and basin. Downstairs WC with basin, with washing and drying machines.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Double Bed
- Bedroom 2 - 2 Single Bed
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Master double bedroom with en-suite. Access to balcony with sea views. Bedroom 2 with 2 x single beds. Access to balcony with sea views. All with fitted wardrobes
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Notes on accommodation: Being in a small private residential development (primarily under Spanish ownership) this is a perfect property for year round letting as it has central heating throughout, with a wood burner. Whether you are a walker or a golfer or indeed you are just looking to relax, this is a lovely place to also spend an out of season break. The house is part of a small community and so we would ask clients to be considerate to other residents. Ideally situated within walking distance of the town centre and the main beach, a car is not always necessary when renting this house, however there is a single private parking bay if you have a car. Outside: From the lounge step out on to the covered terrace which opens on to the small private garden which has garden table and chairs and barbecue. The communal garden has ample space around the pool for sunbathing with panoramic views to the sea, main beach and port area. The small first floor balcony of the main two bedrooms is the perfect place to enjoy your first morning coffee. There is secure private parking for one car plus local street parking close by. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bed linen, bath towels and end of stay cleaning are all included in the price. For bookings of more than 1 week, all towels/linen will be changed and the house cleaned at the end of the first week. Beach towels can be provided for an additional charge.