Villa in Rancale, Nr. Umbertide, Umbria, Italy - Located An Easy 15 Minute Drive From Umbertide - Quiet And Private Location
The design of this restored villa emphasises the original features which have been carefully restored. There are wonderful beamed ceilings throughout and the entrance hall and grand staircase are constructed of Siena marble. There are lovely views from all around the property, with a paved terrace at the front of the villa shaded by an ancient wisteria growing over a large wooden pergola. Modern touches complement the original features, with high quality Italian kitchen units, fitted Italian designed bathrooms, broadband internet connection, satellite TV and excellent mobile phone signal. In addition to its private swimming pool Il Padronale enjoys the use of an all-weather tennis court which is shared with the eight other homes at Rancale. The area around Rancale has many wonderful restaurants – there are around 20 good restaurants within a 20 minute drive. The local people are warm and welcoming and it is easy to slip into the stress-free pace of life.
About the Owner
Ultissimo have two award-winning restoration projects both based in the Green Heart of Italy. We are a London-based property developer working only in Italy. Both of our exclusive developments in Umbria have eight properties and three are available for rental in each. Both set in idyllic rural locations, with tarmac roads to the properties and both Rancale and San Vittorino offer access to all amenities.
From the Owner
“Situated in the Green Heart of Italy, Rancale offers the tranquillity of the countryside whilst offering a central location from which to explore a number of major towns and cities as well as hillside towns steeped in history. With two local villages nearby and the market town of Umbertide only 10 minutes drive away, it offers a wide variety of restaurants, a charming walk alongside the River Tiber, and a selection of cafes in which to enjoy an espresso or cappuccino at any time of day! Rome and Florence are accessible for day trips by road or train. It is also just 20 minutes from St Egidio airport (Perugia) which has regular flights from Stansted.”
Activity and Interests
Lake Trasimeno has a small selection of beaches where you can relax and swim directly in the lake. This is a 30 minute drive from Il Padronale.
Within one and half hours you can get to Fano and Ancona for the coastline.
Il Padronale in the borgo of Rancale is set in the wonderful Umbrian countryside. Rancale is 5 minutes drive from Pierantonio with a supermarket, bakers and butchers. Umbertide is 15 minutes away - a thriving market town with good restaurants, banks and shops. Perugia is the closest airport, a 20 minute drive, two hours away Ancona, Rome and Florence and three hours Bologna, Pisa, Pescara and Rimini. Unlike many rural properties there is a tarmac road all the way to our tree-lined driveway.
It is the perfect central location to reach Gubbio, Assisi, Citta di Castello, Deruta, Sansepolcro or Cortona The Tuscan border is within 15 minutes drive and the stunning medieval hilltop town of Perugia, the regional capital of Umbria within 30 minutes. Lake Trasimeno, the fourth largest inland lake in Italy, is 30 minutes to the south east. Spoleto, Orvieto, the Marmore waterfalls at Terni, Siena, Rome or Florence are easy day trips. Urbino is a great walking area and easily accessible.
Rancale is situated in the northern Tiber Valley, where the River Tiber flows on its way to Rome. The area has rich alluvial soil which means that farming is a prevalent way of life. The fields are filled with acre after acre of colourful sunflowers in the summer and the many restaurants offer a wide range of fresh produce all from the local area. Rancale is located on a quiet country road, yet is only 5 minutes from the E45 motorway which runs the length of Umbria and means that transport links are exceptionally convenient.
The area around Rancale has many wonderful restaurants – there are around 20 good restaurants within a 20 minute radius, so no shortage of choice. What marks out the restaurants in this area is their modest prices for wonderfully fresh locally produced food and excellent wines which are not generally found outside the locality in which they have been produced. Wild boar is one of the specialities typical of the area. The local people are warm and welcoming and it is easy to slip into the stress-free pace of life.
Local markets around the area are a pleasurable way to enjoy local culture, pick up fresh fruits and vegetables for when you dine in and experience the locals at their best.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
20% deposit required to confirm booking.
Final payment required 60 days prior to arrival.
Additional charges are applicable for heating costs, however logs for the wood burners are provided complimentary.
Typically a Saturday, but we are flexible, ask and we may be able to accommodate any request subject to availability.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Restored to the highest quality, each of the properties at Rancale still retain as many of their original features as possible. Each property has its own private outdoor space as well as use of the communal swimming pool and tennis court for those who are more active. Convenient access to local villages and the market town of Umbertide. At night, the star lit sky is quite uninterrupted, and is beautiful to lay out and watch.”
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Ground floor - cloakroom off the kitchen & hall. Ensuite bathroom bed 4. First floor - large bathroom for beds 2 & 3 - bath&shower & wc. Ensuite bed 1. Pool House - ensuite shower room with wc off bedroom 5 Separate shower + wc for pool
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 10 (5 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 - Large King Bed with Ensuite Bedroom 2 - Large Four Poster King Bed Bedroom 3 - Large Twin with Dual Aspect Bedroom 4 - Large Twin, Ensuite and with Patio Doors (ground floor) Bedroom 5 - Large King, Ensuite located in the pool house.
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: A unique opportunity to rent this beautiful family holiday home, availability is often very limited. Outside: Private pool - 10x4m - with insulated cover. Shared tennis court - shared with 8 other properties. Barbecue - portable Three patios - back and front of padronale and one at pool house all with suitable seating for 10. Separate shower and toilet facilities also located at the pool house for pool users. Ornamental fountain and pond located next to lower patio. Private parking for up to 5 vehicles. Utility Room: Washing machine, tumble dryer and clothes horses. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels - provided. Pool towels - provided. Kitchen linen - provided. Bedlinen and towels changed every 7 days - additional cleans can be arranged. gardeners - weekly. Pool cleaning - twice weekly. Other: Wood burning stoves - x1 in downstairs living area and x1 in upstairs living area - wood can be provided. Pool house - separate living area and small dining table. Outside furniture - 8 sun loungers, 8 swing chairs, outside dining table and 10 chairs