Cottage in Brixham, South Devon, England - 5 Min Walk To The Beach, 2 Mins To Shops Restaurants And Harbour, Parking
Blue Horizon is a delightful seaside cottage, arranged over 3 floors with views of the bay and harbour. Brought up to date and tastefully furnished with Laura Ashley fabrics and furnishings. The cottage boats a modern kitchen and spacious bathroom with separate shower cubicle. Ideal for walking into town the shops, restaurants and harbour can be reached in less than 5 minutes on foot. There is a car parking space for close by.
TO BOOK go to www.devonshirecottageholidays.co.uk for the best prices, special offers, short breaks and 2017 bookings. Book now for next year at 2016 prices, available only until 6th January 2017.
Blue Horizon has a separate dining room furnished with an antique oak dresser and table on the ground floor allows space for the whole family to dine in comfort. An open tread staircase leads to the first floor and lounge with patio doors leading onto a balcony with panoramic views of the marina and beyond, a perfect spot to enjoy the setting sun. The room is attractively furnished with 2 matching Laura Ashley, duck egg blue settees, arranged around a gas flame fire. A spacious modern bathroom with separate shower cubicle also occupy the first floor where up a further flight of stairs a beautiful master bedroom with dual aspect windows and twin room enjoy fabulous views. The property also benefits from a private parking space 10 meters from the property that can accommodate a standard car or two small cars. Max width 2 meters not suitable for low slung vehicles and does require a degree of reversing to access the space.
This property is unsuitable for anyone with mobility issues or young children of crawling age or under 5 years of age due to two steep staircases.
There is a flight of 18 steps to reach the front door.
About the Owner
Devonshire Cottage Holidays is a family run firm with over 40 years of experience in the Holiday Letting Business. We market a hand picked selection of holiday homes across the county of Devon, each one personally inspected by a member of our team.
Devonshire Cottage Holidays is ABTA bonded and a Visit England Accredited Agency.
Based in the South West, we know our properties personally and have lived and worked in the area and can help you with any aspect of booking your holiday to Devon, so why not give us a call or visit our website www.devonshirecottageholidays.co.uk for special offers and to book online.
Activity and Interests
The pebble beach at breakwater, the other side of the marina is just a ten minute walk. For great family beaches with sand and facilities try Broadsands 10 mins or Goodrington Sands where you will find a waterpark, great for family days out what ever the weather. Children will love to have a go at crabbing from the harbour walls, or try your hand at fishing from the breakwater or many fishing trips that leave from the harbour.
The nearest airport is Exeter - 50 miles, 30 mins drive. The town has a coach station therefore it is possible to take a coach and leave the car behind. Paignton is the nearest railway station - 8 miles.
A popular tourist attraction is a replica of Sir Francis Drake's ship The Golden Hind a reminder of the town's history and heritage. A stroll around past the modern marina will take you to Berry Head, a limestone peninsula and National Nature Reserve that rises sixty five meters from the sea and holds rare plant and animal species. A destination popular with both families and couples, there is much to do and see for any age group. Family friendly beaches are on the doorstep with day trips on the Dartmouth Steam Railway a must for all. Visit Living Coasts and Paignton Environmental Zoo are less than 5 miles away. Walkers will enjoy the Torbay stretch of coastal footpath, and if you prefer water to land, fishing trips, boats, pedaloes and canoes can all be hired locally.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
29 Oct 2016 - 20 Dec 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Christmas & New Year
21 Dec 2016 - 4 Jan 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
NB: NO NIGHTLY RATE AVAILABLE There is a booking fee payable at the time of booking £30.00.
Saturday is the changeover day. Arrival after 3pm and Departure by 10am.
Notes on prices:
Prices for short breaks of 3, 4 nights are calculated at 30% off the weekly rental. Prices for 5 night breaks are 20% off the weekly rental. A booking fee of between £15.00 and £30.00 is payable with each booking
Prices are subject to change. Please check prices, special offers and short breaks with the agent direct.
Manager's Cancellation Policy
- 0% refund for cancellations more than 0 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“We love Blue Horizons, its one of our most popular properties as it offers a mixture of character and modern styles. The property is a real home from home, attractively furnished, comfortable with everything you need for a great holiday. The views are superb and with the close proximity to the town and additional benefit of parking it makes for the perfect choice.”
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- children welcome
- near the sea
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- 1st Floor: Bathroom with modern white bathroom suite, fully tiled with chrome heated towel rail. Bath, separate shower cubicle and WC.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedroom) Notes on bedrooms: 2nd Floor: Bedroom 1 is light and airy with dual aspect windows both with views of the sea and harbour. Kingsize double bed, 21'' TV, fitted wardrobe and matching dressing table and comfortable chair. Bedroom 2 Twin room, wardrobe and chest of drawers.
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Due to arrangement over 3 floors and steep stairs the cottage is not suitable for children under 5. Babes in arms only. Please note that reversing down a narrow road is a requirement to access the parking as there is no turning space. WiFi available from November 2014. Outside: A private balcony accessed from the lounge boasts mesmerising sea views and is the perfect spot to relax and watch the world go by! The balcony is equipped with a patio set for 4 people. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bed Linen and towels are provided for your stay. The property is cleaned on Saturday between 10am and 3pm. Please dispose of recycling. Other: Ground Floor: Dining room with character stone fireplace, traditional antique oak dresser and matching dining room table.