House in Les Touches de Perigny, Nr. Matha, Charente Maritime, Poitou Charentes, France - Very Peaceful Location In Beautiful Village, Less Than An Hour To Coast
Les Deux Rivieres is a luxurious 4-bedroom detached house, sleeping 8 people in comfort. It has a 10m x 5m private heated pool, separate cottage with 2 games rooms, and a large garden bordering the River Antenne. The pool has a lovely terraced area with loungers and sun umbrellas and is fenced to comply with safety regulations. Outside the kitchen and opposite the pool is a roofed verandah with raised flower beds and permanent barbecue for alfresco dining. There is also a barn attached to the house for undercover car parking.
About the Owner
Martyn Jaggard and his wife, Barbara, purchased Les Deux Rivieres in March 2004. After doing extensive renovations, including the installation of the pool, they first advertised the house for rental in 2005. There was so much work to do that it was only finished 35 minutes before the first guests arrived!
Martyn and Barbara visit the house several times each year to make sure that everything is maintained at a high standard.The day-to-day maintenance of the house and pool is carried out by locally appointed friends and neighbours. The house is equipped with everything you might need for a self-catering holiday.
On arrival, guests will find a house guide which tells them about the facilities of the house and gardens, surrounding areas and attractions, and shops and recommended restaurants
Guestbook comments from the owner
"We have all visited many self catering cottages but we agreed this was probably the best"
"Stayed in many houses across France, this one ranks as one of the best. Superb facilities in particular the pool, games rooms and gardens"
"A wonderful fortnight blessed with beautiful weather. The pool was magnificent and the house the best we have stayed in"
From the Owner
“It is said that the Charente-Maritime area of France has its own micro climate. It is far enough south to avoid the worst of the English weather and benefits from the weather in Spain and the south of France. Summer days can be very hot! The village is located near to all the facilities you need, and is surrounded by vineyards and sunflower and maize fields. Virtually all of the vineyards are for Cognac production and the area abounds with one-man cognac distilleries. Even if you don't like cognac you must try Pineau des Charentes - a wonderful aperitif made from a blend of the first distillation of cognac and grape juice. It is so peaceful here, yet easy to get to local attractions and towns or to the coast or to the wine-making area around Bordeaux.”
Activity and Interests
About a 45 minute drive to the Atlantic coast with lovely sand beaches at Chatelleon Plage and Royan. The historic port of La Rochelle is less than an hour away and is connected by a toll bridge to the beautiful island of Ile de Re with its quaint harbours and street cafés.
La Rochelle airport is about a 55 minute drive, and Poitiers airport is just over an hour from the house. The port of St Malo is about 5 hours away and it takes about 7 and a half hours to drive from Calais.
A car is essential due to the rural location of the house.
The house is situated in a quiet village, about 70 metres from a cognac distillery with its own shop. 3 kms away is the town of Matha with 4 supermarkets, chemists, banks, etc and a weekly market on Fridays.
Cognac, with its distillery tours, river, shops, restaurants and street cafés is about 25 minutes away.
About 200 metres from the house is a Boulangerie where you can buy fresh bread and croissants. The nearest shops are in Matha, about 3 kms away.
There are many restaurants in the area with the nearest one in Matha.
There are many tourist attractions in the surrounding area, and the village has its own leisure park with a small lake, swings, roundabout, all-weather tennis court, and mini golf. In the village there is also a producer of sparkling wine where you can have wine tasting. The Cognac distillery shop, only 70 metres from the house, stocks all kinds of cognac-based drinks as well as red and white wine. Another "must" for a tasting session. The historic towns of St Jean d'Angely and Saintes are only 20 minutes away, and Angouleme is about 45 minutes. The theme park of Futuroscope is an hour away and the zoo at La Palmyre is less than an hour.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
17 Sep 2016 - 29 Oct 2016
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Contact Martyn Jaggard by phone or e-mail to confirm availability. Booking form will then be sent. Deposit of 20% will be required to confirm booking. Balance is payable 8 weeks before holiday.
Saturdays. Other days possible in low season. Arrival after 4 pm. Departure before 10 am.
Notes on prices:
The house is also available for winter let. Prices and dates on application.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Many rental properties, or gites, in France accommodate more than one family in separate units. This means that you have to share the facilities, such as the pool and games rooms. You could find yourself having to share with people you don't like, or putting up with noisy neighbours late at night. At some properties the owners live there and can have a restricting influence on their guests. At Les Deux Rivieres you will have exclusive use of everything so you don't need to share the pool with someone else's noisy children or queue to play table tennis! And for breakfast croissants and fresh bread it's only 200 metres to the village Boulangerie.”
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Ensuite to master bedroom has shower and wc; family bathroom has bath, separate shower, and wc; Games rooms next to pool has wc.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Master bedroom has double bed plus ensuite bathroom, bedroom 2 has double bed, bedrooms 3 and 4 have twin beds
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Please note that as many of our guests are non-smokers, we do not provide ashtrays and would ask that guests refrain from smoking in the house and games rooms. Outside: The large garden has lawned upper and lower areas for simply relaxing or playing badminton or boules, divided by a bridge over a small stream, and at the bottom of the garden is the River Antenne, suitable for small trout fishing from April to early June. The 10m x 5m private heated pool, directly opposite the kitchen, has a lovely terraced surround with loungers and umbrellas and is fenced with a lockable gate to comply with safety regulations. There is also a small cottage to the right of the pool which has 2 rooms with table tennis, snooker/pool, and mini-football. There is a wc in the cottage to avoid the need to go through the house with wet feet! Patio chairs and tables are provided on the verandah outside the kitchen, where there are raised flower beds, and a permanent barbecue for alfresco dining. Utility Room: In the cupboard under the stairs we keep a hoover, dustpan and brushes, and iron and ironing board. There is also a butane gas cylinder which provides gas to the hob in the kitchen, together with a replacement should you need it. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bath, hand, and tea towels, and all bed linen are provided at no extra charge. The property is cleaned at the end of each rental period before the next guests arrive. Should this period exceed 2 weeks, fresh towels/linen will be provided. Other: To the right of the kitchen there is another room which is used as a quiet reading or play room with stairs leading to the bedrooms.