Breezy Penthouse in charming Gulluk with spectacular sunset sea views
Flipflops Meltemi is a self catering penthouse apartment in a resort complex on a hillsize location with spectacular views over the charming seaside town of Gulluk.
FULLY RENOVATED IN SEPTEMBER 2015, the air-conditioned penthouse apartment comes fully furnished, with double beds in both bedrooms, new furniture, a 42 inch flatscreen TV, cable television channels, a large collection of DVDs, modern fully functional kitchen with oven, gas stove and refrigerator, granite benchtops and breakfast bar, bathroom with rainfall shower and ceiling fans in each room. Free wi-fi access is available.
The apartments are within walking distance (10 mins) to the town centre, promenade and harbour area which offers great restaurants, bars and cafes. Flipflops is a great base for a romantic sunny holiday, a relaxing family vacation or a more active golf or boating break.
The on-site manager speaks excellent English and can assist you with any tourist enquiries. There is a mini-mart 3 minutes walk from Flipflops which stocks all conveniences and 5 other larger supermarkets within walking distance. There are several excellent inexpensive places to eat in Gulluk, lively bars, relaxing beach clubs and beaches. The complex also has onsite laundromat facilities.
Gulluk is a very affordable place to stay as restaurants here charge less than half of the prices in Bodrum. The air-conditioned penthouses have big sun-terraces taking in the breezes and views.
A car is not essential but is recommended to explore the Turquoise Coast region and Bodrum Peninsular. There are many car rental shops at the airport, in Gulluk and one shop is just 3 minutes walk from Flipflops. On-site parking is available. There is a bus stop in front of the mini-mart which takes you to Bodrum. There is a laundromat onsite, landscaped Mediterranean gardens, a garden pergola and a Turkish BBQ oven.
*PLEASE NOTE*: In an effort to be more environmentally conscious, we have reduced our rental rates and require renters to settle their utility costs (based on metered usage) at the end of their stay. This measure has resulted in tenants being more environmentally conscious (eg turning off airconditioners when not needed) as well as being able to control and reduce their expenditure on utilities.
About the Owner
About Richard and Karolina
Hello. We are a young couple who enjoy traveling whenever we can. We used to live in UK and journeyed to Gulluk often to top up the tan. Now we live in Asia and are enjoying this region too. We love beach holidays as well as ski/snowboarding trips.
Richard and Karolina purchased this apartment in 2010
Why Richard and Karolina chose Turkey
We bought this penthouse in Gulluk because it is so easy to get to and the sun terrace and views are perfect. And the pool! Close to the airport and easy to access the sites of the peninsular. In September 2015 we undertook a huge renovation and refurbishment project to overhaul the apartment, install new furniture an fittings at the cost of several thousand dollars. We are really pleased with the outcome and hope you will enjoy the results of our hard work! :)
What makes this apartment unique
Our Top 10:
1) Convenience - so easy to get to from the airport. Unlike Bodrum which is a 45 minute drive from the airport, Gulluk is only 15 minutes.
2) Affordability - accommodation and food prices represent real value for money
3) The pool - check out the photos!
4) The penthouse balcony - perfect unobstructed views.
5) The famous Gulluk sunsets - again, see photos!
6) Boat trips - very affordable
7) Location, midway between Bodrum and Ephesus, it is a perfect launchpad for exploring the Turquoise Coast
8) Greek Islands - easy to travel to Kos, Rhodes, Kalymnos
9) Anti-stress - Gulluk is never overcrowded so perfect to relax
10) It's Turkey - nicely exotic, warm, sunny and delicious food!
This property doesn't have any reviews yet!
From the Owner
“We bought this penthouse in Gulluk because it is so easy to get to and the sun terrace and views are perfect. And the pool! Close to the airport and easy to access the sites of the peninsular. In September 2015 we undertook a huge renovation and refurbishment project to overhaul the apartment, install new furniture an fittings at the cost of several thousand dollars. We are really pleased with the outcome and hope you will enjoy the results of our hard work! :)”
Activity and Interests
Gulluk has several beaches and beach clubs. The nearest is Palm beach - about 800m from Flipflops. It offers sunbathing pontoons and refreshments. Fuego beach club has a good swimming area, pool tables, lunches, a huge bar and shaded lounges, table tennis and after dark becomes a night club.
Bodrum airport is only 10km from Gulluk, making this accommodation the easiest in the region to get to. There is a cheap air-conditioned local bus (Dolmus) that goes into Bodrum. The bus stop is 200 metres from Flipflops, in front of the mini-mart. From Bodrum, other buses can take you to other parts of the Bodrum peninsular. In Gulluk, there are several inexpensive boat trip options available. Many include lunch, music, beach volleyball, swimming and a mud clay beach for facial masks.
Mini-mart - 200m
Bus stop - 200m
Beach - 800m
Restaurants, bars, promenade - 850m
Airport - 10km
Golf Courses - 15km
Bodrum - 40km
In the main town are plenty of inexpensive restaurants - a fraction of the price of the more touristy Bodrum. There are banks and many cash machines throughout the town. The largest supermarket, Migros stocks everything you need for a self-catering break.
In Bodrum you can do scuba diving and take ferries to the Greek Islands (Kos, Kalymnos, Rhodes), from Gulluk boat trips and excursions to historic sites (ancient Ephesus).
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
18 Mar 2017 - 31 May 2017
5 night minimum stay
for 5 nights
Early Summer 2017
1 Jun 2017 - 30 Jun 2017
5 night minimum stay
for 5 nights
My Standard Rate
5 night minimum stay
for 5 nights
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£100|
GBP100 refundable breakage deposit applies. 20% deposit required to confirm the reservation.
Flexible changeover day. Check-in time 2pm, Check-out 10am.
Please pay £100 to reserve the booking. The balance can be paid no later than 1 month before arrival.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
From the Owner
“Our Top 10: 1) Convenience - so easy to get to from the airport. Unlike Bodrum which is a 45 minute drive from the airport, Gulluk is only 15 minutes. 2) Affordability - accommodation and food prices represent real value for money 3) The pool - check out the photos! 4) The penthouse balcony - perfect unobstructed views. 5) The famous Gulluk sunsets - again, see photos! 6) Boat trips - very affordable 7) Location, midway between Bodrum and Ephesus, it is a perfect launchpad for exploring the Turquoise Coast 8) Greek Islands - easy to travel to Kos, Rhodes, Kalymnos 9) Anti-stress - Gulluk is never overcrowded so perfect to relax 10) It's Turkey - nicely exotic, warm, sunny and delicious food!”
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- laundrette - serviced
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- pier fishing
- bay fishing
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom with large walk-in shower with newly fitted rainfall shower head (fitted September 2015).
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- 2 bedrooms, each with double bed, ceiling fans, airconditioner, framed wall art, wardrobes, desk and mirror, bedside tables and lamps.
- Notes on accommodation: Free Wi-fi access now available. Guests are to settle water and electricity bills with the site manager on departure, based on usage. Refundable breakage deposit applies. Outside: The complex has a big free-form shared swimming pool and a smaller children's pool and sun-lounges on a wide patio area, all overlooking the Bay of Gulluk. There is a large garden with picnic tables and a big outdoor Turkish oven for barbecues. Bicycle rental is also available on-site. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Linen and towels are provided. The apartments are self-catering but there is a coin-operated laundry on site if needed. Other: The large penthouse balcony is the big attraction. Comes with deck chair, table, 4 chairs & umbrella. The penthouse balconies are perfect for sunbathing and enjoying the "Meltemi" breezes which blow from the Greek islands. The sunset views are amazing.