Farmhouse in Labarthete, Gers, Midi-Pyrenees, France - Peaceful Private Location, Near Vineyards, Local Markets.
The house is approached down a long drive, set amidst its own 20 acre grounds with a private, pool, orchard, fields and vineyards – there is plenty of space for children to explore and adults to relax. The 11 x 6 m private pool is fitted with a pool alarm. The sun deck overlooking the pool beckons the sun worshippers to enjoy their tanning whilst keeping an eye on the children.
4 good sized bedrooms and a double height sitting room ensure you are not cramped. The house has been designed for both winter & summer living.
About the Owner
We live in England in rural Oxfordshire. We love spending our holidays down in South West France and the house is very much a 2nd home for us.
From the Owner
“We love Gascony because it is a truly unspoilt area of France. The house is in a very peaceful location, yet only 10 mins drive to the local markets and the vibrant village fetes of the summer months. As keen food/wine lovers it is a perfect holiday destination, with plenty of space for the kids to explore and let off steam.”
Activity and Interests
1hr 40 mins to Biarritz
Instead of seaside, there are plenty of lakes nearby with beaches for safer swimming for the children.
Flights - The house is well situated for a number of airports, giving you the flexibility to find a good deal on your flights.
Pau - 40 mins
Bordeaux - 1 hr 40 mins
Biarritz - 1 hr 45 mins
Toulouse - 2 hours
From Calais to the house - 1000 km, 10 hours
From Caen to the house - 750 km, 7 1/2 hours
10 mins drive to nearest 2 towns with supermarkets, markets, restaurants etc
The Côte St.Mont/Madiran wine region is in the heart of Armagnac country. An area rich in history dating back to the 13th century with arcaded Bastide market squares, surrounded by rolling countryside with winding rivers famous for their healing properties (Eugénie Les Bains).
This is one of the most unspoilt regions of France left to enjoy, due south of Bordeaux and mid-point between Toulouse and Biarritz in the Midi-Pyrenées.
The local area has a lot to offer, including: Local markets, wine tasting, restaurants, medieval castles, bastides, water skiing, canoeing, white water rafting, lakes.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
3 Sep 2016 - 28 Oct 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
50% deposit to be paid at time of booking confirmation.
Remaining 50% to paid 8 weeks prior to holiday along with £150 refundable deposit for any breakages, to be returned following house inspection after departure.
Saturday - Arrival 3.30pm, departure 10am.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Very peaceful & private.. Rolling hills and very unspoilt part of France yet within a short drive to a number of good restaurants.”
- Away From It All
- Ceiling Fans
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Music Library
- Video Games
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible ...
- winery tours
- horse riding
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- water skiing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- En-suite bathroom to bedroom 1 with bath, wc En-suite bathroom to bedroom 2 with bath, wc Ground floor bathroom - shower, bath and wc
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 9
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 9 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Upstairs: Bedroom 1 with double bed and en suite Bedroom 2 with double bed and en suite Ground Floor: Bedroom 3 with 2 single beds Bedroom 4 with double bed plus single bed
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Notes on accommodation: The house can comfortably accommodate 9 people. Upstairs, there are 2 good sized double bedrooms with en suite bathrooms. Downstairs, there are a further two bedrooms: one has twin beds and the other has a double and a single. The downstairs rooms share a bathroom including shower & bath. The downstairs bedrooms are ideal for people with mobility issues. Outside: Private (unfenced) 12 x 6m pool with alarm. Overlooked by 6 x 4m sun deck and large covered terrace. 20 acres of grounds, bordering vineyards & woodland. Plenty of space for exploring. Barbecue. Table Tennis Utility Room: In the barn, there is a freezer, washing machine & dryer. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All linen & towels - bath & pool are provided. The property will be cleaned at the end of the week.