House in Egloskerry, Launceston, Cornwall, England - Peaceful Rural Location Yet Still Within Easy Reach Of Beach (Nearest Crackington Haven 9.5 Miles)
Tre Pol and Pen is a beautiful, individual and comfortable detached barn conversion, which oozes charm with many original features including beamed ceilings and slate floors. It offers seclusion and privacy with its 4 acre site bounded on one side by the River Kensey, which nestles in a small hamlet in the Kensey Valley. With many extra amenities including a 31' x 15' Solar Heated Swimming pool situated in the valley floor (a real sun-trap), 2 patio areas (table and chairs for 12 plus 2 picnic bench tables) and children s play area with swings and a 14' trampoline with safety net. Indoors there is a 'Roundhouse' which houses the 10' x 5' snooker table, a smaller lounge with 50" TV with Sky including Sky movies and a fantastic 'farmhouse' kitchen with original pine dresser, coal effect stove and large table which will seat 12 (We have managed 14 but it was a squeeze!). Although we are situated 7 miles away from the nearest town there is now a local shop just 1/2 mile away.
Top Traveller Review
Perfect family holiday
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
Great holiday, fantastic house +Grounds really enjoyed the pool - spent most evenings in the games room, Let us know when you're ready to sell!
It was a lovely house and grounds, children loved the grounds (& the adults for a peaceful week), visited lovely places especially the big sheep- all had fun in the pool, even though the weather not great , but made the best of the bad days - Great Family Holiday.
One of the most exciting houses and grounds we have stayed at, the railway theme and track outside were great fun. We were incredibly lucky with the weather but even if it had rained we'd have been well holidayed here. Far Far better than we were expecting to which we all agreed we'd like to come back. Brilliant TV and broadband greatly appreciated.
4.3 based on 3 holidaymaker reviews
A great place to stay
A great place for a large or extended family to stay, with easy access by car to the local shop, tesco 6 miles away and everything Cornwall has to offer. Enough room for ten people to sleep comfortably without the need for using the pull-out beds. A snooker room, a small tv lounge and the kitchen table allow three different areas for family gatherings. The kitchen and the utility room are well equipped and the whole property was clean and tidy. The outside space is very interesting to use and explore but younger children will need to be supervised due to the grounds being on several levels. Please note that during our week there, the stairs leading down to the pool were closed off as they were in the process of being replaced (the only reason for a four star rating instead of 5!!).
The owners provided an excellent customer service and supplied a folder with all the necessary information needed to fully enjoy Tre Pol and Pen. The next time we are planning a visit to Cornwall, this will be our first point of call.
Fantastic converted barn in beautiful countryside .
We had a fantastic holiday at Pol Tre and Pen. A wonderful converted barn full of character. Very spacious, clean and well presented. Everything you would need for a great stay was provided. We all enjoyed the snooker room ,the play station and many games and books provided.
The garden was very large and the children loved exploring it , magical . Although the weather wasn't always good we made full use of the pool and patio, which was located in a delightful sun trap.
Pol Tre and Pen is situated in beautiful countryside . It is close to amazing beaches and many tourist attractions .
We would love to return here and explore more of Cornwall .
Perfect family holiday
Just returned from this perfect holiday home, it was great for all our extended family who's ages ranged from 4 - 60. Brilliant facilities the house had everything you could ever need.
Activity and Interests
Our nearest beach is Crackington Haven which is approx. 9.5 miles away (20 minute drive), 25 minutes from Widemouth Bay and 30 minutes from Bude, all 3 of these are excellent surfing beaches.
I would advise that the use of car would be essential for this property
1/2 mile to nearest shop at Tresmeer Village - well stocked with all essential goods including excellent pasties and an off license.
Launceston Town with its medieval castle and Steam Railway and independent shops is 7 miles with also supermarkets including Tesco and a shopping center including Argos, Store 21, New Look etc.
Egloskerry village is 2 miles away.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
27 May 2017 - 4 Jun 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
22 Jul 2017 - 26 Aug 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£100|
1/3rd deposit at time of booking with balance due at least 8 weeks before commencement of holiday.
Any damages/losses will be claimed from the customer and we charge a £100.00 deposit for good housekeeping / damages per week. This deposit will be refunded in June/September if none incurred.
Pets are accepted at a cost of £20.00 per pet per week.
Saturday 4.00pm check in to Saturday 10.00 am check out.
Notes on prices:
Prices are per property per week.
See Full Booking Notes / Conditions which will be sent on an attachment
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 0% refund for cancellations more than 0 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker ...
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Toaster ...
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- pets considered
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- En-Suite to bedroom 1 with large corner bath, wc, bidet and washbasin. En-Suite to bedroom 2 with large corner bath, wc and basin. Shower room with massage shower, wc and basin. Downstairs WC. Washbasin in every bedroom.
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 12 (5 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with Super King Size Bed and balcony Bedroom 2 with King Size Bed Bedroom 3 with 2 x 3' Single Beds Bedroom 4 with King Size Bed Bedroom 5 with 1 x 3' Single Bed and Single Futon Double Sofa Bed in Downstairs Lounge plus one other double Z Bed
- Golf ...
- Outside: In the bottom paddock which is reached by either steps or down a lane is a 31' x 15' Solar heated swimming pool for your sole use (please note that the water temperature is controlled by the weather conditions), summer house and patio area with table and chairs for 12 people, 14' Trampoline with safety enclosure and Swings This paddock is bounded on one side by the River Kensey with areas which are unfenced to give you access to the river. (please note that the property is on a hillside and as such there are certain areas which are unsuitable for unsupervised children). There is 4 acres of land including wooded areas which is brilliant for exploring/play. We have a miniature railway which runs through the grounds that will not be in use. Outside the front of the house there is a patio area with built in BBQ and lawn with 2 picnic tables. Utility Room: Upright Deep freeze, Washing Machine, Tumble Drier, WC, Sink and large cupboard. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bed linen, Duvets and Towels are included (towels must remain on premises) On fortnightly bookings a change of bedding will be provided but no internal cleaning will be carried out.