2 bedroom house. Situated In The Grounds Of Kenegie Manor. Just 2 Miles From Penzance
Spring Cottage provides an ideal base for a great family holiday which is 2 miles from Penzance. Within easy reach are many picturesque destinations including St Ives, Marazion, Mousehole and the famous Eden Project, as well as numerous beautiful coves, beaches and local attractions. It is in the grounds of a 400 year old manor and provides a quiet and peaceful, child-friendly location for a Cornish holiday. Kenegie Manor facilities include tennis courts, mini pitch and putt, children's play area, well kept grassy areas, launderette, payphone and a bar which offers reasonably priced food. The indoor swimming pool with sauna can be used for a small weekly fee payable at reception. There is free Wi-Fi available at the internet lounge and clubhouse. Spring cottage is well equipped for all families including those with young children and babies. It is double glazed throughout. All upstairs windows are fitted with child safety restrictors. There is a high chair with splash mat, travel cot and stair gate.
Top Traveller Review
Perfect cottage for exploring Cornwall
About the Owner
My husband and I live in England.
We have owned Spring Cottage for 7 years and have had many satisfied holiday makers staying at our cottage in this time.
4.3 based on 3 holidaymaker reviews
Perfect cottage for exploring Cornwall
The cottage had everything and more that we needed for the week. Perfect location for exploring the beaches. Would definitely recommend staying here. Kids loving the swimming pool and pitch and putt in the grounds.
Excellent family holiday home
It was our first time in Cornwall, and couldn't ask for a warmer, child friendly and clean holiday home. The manor had everything you need and more.
The cottage was very well equiped clean and comfortable and in an ideal location for site seeing in the general area. We had a very enjoyable holiday and would recommend it.
From the Owner
“We chose to buy a property near Penzance because it is a really beautiful part of Cornwall. There are some beautiful beaches and the surrounding countryside is spectacular, with so many different things to do and see. There really is something for everyone here.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Spring Cottage is ideally placed to enjoy many local beauty spots, including picturesque Cornish coves & beaches and country walks. Holiday activities such as surfing, swimming, sailing, fishing, golf, hiking, cycling and horse riding are readily available as are many themed farms, parks and museums.
On the artistic and cultural side, the Tate St. Ives and the Barbara Hepworth Museum with Sculpture Garden and the wonderful Minack Theatre are fascinating and well worth a visit. As well as the art you will find the local scenery truly breathtaking.
Slightly further afield is the world renowned Eden Project. For the younger families there are Flambards Theme Park and One2Eleven in Helston.
Leisure facilities catering for every taste in this holiday area are too numerous to mention and it is almost impossible to see everything.
West Cornwall has some spectacular coastal scenery and many attractive seaside towns and villages. Spring Cottage is just 1 mile from the nearest beach, Long Rock. Nearby, miles of sand at Marazion, with St Ives and Hayle on the North Coast. There are also a number of secluded sandy coves such as Porthcurno and Lamorna Cove. For surfers there are excellent surfing beaches at Sennen Cove, Newquay and Hayle. You can visit numerous beautiful coves and beaches which are within easy reach.
The nearest airport is Newquay approx. 45 minutes drive away and hire car are available.
The nearest railway station is Penzance 2 miles away.
The roads to Cornwall are very good with motorway and dual carriageway for the majority of the way.
The use of a car is recommended.
Spring Cottage is 2 miles from Penzance and within easy reach of many picturesque destinations including St Ives(7 miles), Marazion and St Micheal's Mount(2 miles) and Mousehole (4 miles). You can visit Lands End (12 miles) and The Minnack Theatre (8 miles) is well worth a visit.
Day trips to the Scillies Islands can be made by boat from Penzance or plane from Lands End airport.
Penzance and St Ives have a variety of interesting local shops.
Tesco, Sainsburys and Morrison's Supermarkets are about 1 mile away for your family's many needs. If you prefer to eat out there are a number of local good pub restaurants which include The Coldstreamer in Gulval, The Station House and Godolphin in Marazion, The Dolphin in Penzance and The Badger in Lelant.
Rick Stein's or Jamie Oliver's restaurants are approximately a 40 minutes drive, but remember to book!
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
10 Sep 2016 - 31 Oct 2016
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£100|
Bookings are Saturday to Saturday in the main season, but short stays will be considered subject to other bookings in quieter periods.
Changeover day is Saturday with arrival after 3:00pm and departure by 10:00am. Short stays will be considered subject to other bookings. A welcome pack including local quality biscuits, tea and coffee is provided to enable guests to relax and unwind.
25% non-refundable deposit to secure booking.
Full payment + £100 returnable deposit for damage/key breakages are due 6 weeks before arrival date.
The breakages deposit is returnable within 14 days of leaving the cottage, providing all is left in correct order.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The cottage is conveniently situated for visiting the many scenic beaches and bays. Kenegie Manor is a quiet holiday sight, which benefits from an indoor heated swimming pool, tennis courts and many grassy areas.”
- Heating ...
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Telephone ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Tumble Dryer ...
- Washing Machine ...
- Coffee Maker ...
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- Books ...
- DVD Player ...
- Pool Table ...
- Toys ...
- Video Library ...
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- Heated Pool
- Indoor Pool
- children welcome ...
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- near the sea
- autumn foliage
- botanical garden
- recreation centre
- winery tours
- bird watching
- gambling casinos
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
- whale watching
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- laundrette - serviced
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- deepsea fishing
- mountain biking
- pier fishing
- bay fishing
- surf fishing
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- The shower room has a shower cubicle, wc, washbasin and heated towel rail. Clean towels are provided for guests.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 has a double bed, a fitted wardrobe with a safe for your personal valuables, bedside units with bedside lights and chest of drawers. Bedroom 2 has two single beds as bedside unit with side lamp and fitted wardrobes. All Beds are comfortable and prepared with clean linen. There is a travel cot and stair gate available if required.
- Golf ...
- Garden ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: The cottage is up to date with all current fire safety regulations and has new interlinked smoke alarms and heat sensor as well as automatic emergency lighting on the stairs. The front door can be locked and unlocked without the use of a key to allow easy emergency exit. No pets are allowed and this is a no smoking property. Outside: At the front of the cottage there is a paved patio with a table and chairs making outdoor eating and sunbathing a joy. It is also a good place for sunset watching and star gazing. The Milky Way, overhead during the summer months, is spectacular and the stars are so much brighter away from street light glare. The park has a calm relaxed atmosphere, with sprawling gardens, home to a vast selection of interesting trees and plants along with well-kept greens. Whilst staying in Kenegie Manor, you have the opportunity to play a game of tennis in the tennis courts. You could enjoy a round of pitch and putt and the children can play many grassed areas. Also, for a small weekly fee, you can enjoy swimming in the supervised, heated indoor swimming pool and you could relax in the sauna. The site has a friendly ambiance and ideal for children to play close to the cottage and make many new friends. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: There are no extra charges for electricity or the TV. All bed linen is provided, as are towels although we ask you to bring your own swimming and beach towels. The cottage is cleaned on change-over day. There is a coin operated launderette on the site.